What's new

HMK #29 w/ cR Honeybee & cR Biohazard

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Two of Cr's finest join us this week to discuss all the recent happenings in MKX/L and an awesome announcment for the upcoming Hypespotting taking place in Glasgow at the beginning of April in Scotland. Usual stuff is below. Enjoy :D

MP3 Version

Topics:
Start: - Honeybee/Bio intro, D'vorah and Ferra/Torr talk.
43:00 - Winter Brawl
1:03:00 - Patch Notes
1:27:00 - Do people look too much into player experiences than toolsets/MUs to determine if a character is good or not?
1:35:00 - The copy and pasting of tools for KP2 characters, what does it say about the DLC approach? Is it better to just wait for DLC or invest a lot of time into one character early on?
1:42:00 - Our overall thoughts on KP2 so far.
1:47:00 - New netcode. Should we see a rise in online tournaments and should they carry more weight now?
1:52:00 - Upcoming UK/EU tourneys. Viennality and Hypespotting.
1:53:00 - The future of MKX in light of KP2 and the new patch. Did the game truly get reset?

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/45yhhxqw34kbzxb/HMK Ep29.mp3

Attachments

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
@JTB123 Your media fire download link is covering the YouTube video so if I try to rewind, pause, play or anything I get another tab to your download link. Quite frustrating lol.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
(trigger warning: I play neither character/variation) So there was nothing wrong with Relentless Jason's permanent damage stacking bug that may have eventually encouraged losing round 2 on purpose if round 1 was already in the bag but the Sektor up missile bug fix that doesn't really change the base metagame of the move was rightly done? Umm.... :DOGE

JTB123

@JTB123 have you seen lion king yet or do I need to start a boycott
:oops: Well not exactly lol

@JTB123 Your media fire download link is covering the YouTube video so if I try to rewind, pause, play or anything I get another tab to your download link. Quite frustrating lol.
Not sure what's doing that but I've tried editing the post to see if that helped. Let me know if it's still happening.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I'm in the same boat as @Phosferrax (as portrayed by @JTB123 on the show). Have been very unmotivated to play KP2, and found myself booting up SFV every time I have time to play some games.

The DLC practices really bother me. It does not seem like the new characters are broken / in a tier of their own or anything, but the practice of taking away presumably overpowered tools from existing characters and giving them to DLC characters really bugs me. Feels like a slap in the face to people who have invested in their characters since day 1. Was also looking forward to dealing with less stupid offensive tools after reading the balance changes, but the new characters seem to all have the tools that were taken away from the existing cast (unreactable 50/50s, safe rekkas, looping mixups, restands, etc).

Hopefully Final Round reinvigorates me or they release another hotfix/patch to normalise things a bit further.

Last edited:

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Just checking out hmk for the first time, gotta say I love the show!! Going back and listening to past episodes now.

I have been down for a while due to the lack of ktp but you guys are filling the void, thanks!!

JTB123

I'm in the same boat as @Phosferrax (as portrayed by @JTB123 on the show). Have been very unmotivated to play KP2, and found myself booting up SFV every time I have time to play some games.

The DLC practices really bother me. It does not seem like the new characters are broken / in a tier of their own or anything, but the practice of taking away presumably overpowered tools from existing characters and giving them to DLC characters really bugs me. Feels like a slap in the face to people who have invested in their characters since day 1. Was also looking forward to dealing with less stupid offensive tools after reading the balance changes, but the new characters seem to all have the tools that were taken away from the existing cast (unreactable 50/50s, safe rekkas, looping mixups, restands, etc).

Hopefully Final Round reinvigorates me or they release another hotfix/patch to normalise things a bit further.
I must admit the more I dig into KP2 the less I'm liking it. One of things I enjoy the most is going into training mode and breaking a down a character and formulate a strategy.

Discovering that they all focus around 50/50s has killed that, even though there are plenty of other characters that have it the fact that KP2 seem 100% focused around 50/50s and hard to blockables is a big disappointment.

Just checking out hmk for the first time, gotta say I love the show!! Going back and listening to past episodes now.

I have been down for a while due to the lack of ktp but you guys are filling the void, thanks!!
Thanks man, glad to know more people are enjoying the show :D