What's new

Hitting the NJP after elbow dash, EASY MODE

sLeeK

Noob
I got this off toms living guide and I was amazed at how well/consistent it worked. Here the quotes -

"there is a simple way to do this using whats known as the piano method. The method means that you slide your fingers across multiple buttons like one would on a piano. By doing 321_elbow dash then quickly hold up and slide your fingers across both punch buttons the NJP comes out 99% of the time. if that still doesn't work for you then while holding up you can rapidly slide your fingers across the punch buttons multiple times. So the Command would be 321_elbow dash, hold up while sliding 1~2"

TOM I F****** LOVE YOU!

Yeah, we've already had a lot of topics on this and it's actually helping my game. I don't really see how there can be all that much in the living guide that hasn't been discussed on TYM by now...

sLeeK

Noob
This is for people who don't have to dig through the forums and find the info on it. Not to mention all I have read on here was hitting 1 before you jump which wasn't helpful at all.

This is for people who don't have to dig through the forums and find the info on it. Not to mention all I have read on here was hitting 1 before you jump which wasn't helpful at all.
actually the thread isn't that far down and everyone discussed different methods of handling the elbowdash n.p there were suprisingly alot of methods. No need to thank tom for what the reptile community has been preaching since it was discovered

'

Griefa

Noob
Cool now the influx of terrible players who recently converted to reptile can easy mode the combo most of us spent hours and days mastering.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Cool now the influx of terrible players who recently converted to reptile can easy mode the combo most of us spent hours and days mastering.
Boy, they're gonna be mad at Tom when they can't do it online...LOL

Hell, I do it with my eyes closed (I actually can) offline but online...fuhget about it!

sLeeK

Noob
Boy, they're gonna be mad at Tom when they can't do it online...LOL

Hell, I do it with my eyes closed (I actually can) offline but online...fuhget about it!
I don't understand why you bash online? Every time I play it runs smooth(ever since the latest patch), except those couple games the person you play against has a dollar store connection.

Btw hit many NJP combos tonight :D

sLeeK

Noob
Thanks for calling me a shitty player man, appreciate it. I didn't know forums like these had dicks in them such as yourself. Reptile has been my main since day one, thanks for your concern though.

Well, i am pretty sure i went way more in depth than just hit 1 before you jump. infact i am pretty sure i even broke the framework down. look sleek, its one thing to post a thread on a subject, but dont bash threads on the same topic that came way before you, ok? especially when the thread you made was already covered 100 times in the responses on the other thread. "plinking" is what you are refuring to. and we have been talking about it for weeks.

other than that thank you for trying to be helpful!

GNG Iniquity

I don't understand why you bash online? Every time I play it runs smooth(ever since the latest patch), except those couple games the person you play against has a dollar store connection.

Btw hit many NJP combos tonight :D
I've played roughly a few hundred matches with Reptile. Played about 20 last night, dropped about 15-20 NJPs. It is what it is...perhaps there's a different method for doing the NJP online and I'm too set in my ways. I don't know. Smooth connections, bad connections, it doesn't seem to matter; I can't pull it off online.

And yes, you may be right in the assumption that I'm being too ignorant to learn a new timing for it, but it's not like there's an online trainer like there is in MVC3. Perhaps I'll see if someone will just let me practice landing NJPs online in the future.

Griefa

Noob
Yeah hitting it online is next to impossible, the lag factor is too great. Sleek I wasnt calling you a bad player (although you may very well be), I was referring to new influx of reptile players that decided to jump on the bandwagon because he is now considered a top character, rather than because they enjoy his play style.

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
I was referring to new influx of reptile players that decided to jump on the bandwagon because he is now considered a top character, rather than because they enjoy his play style.
i find myself drowning in these scrubs..... they don't research a character, they just pick whoever they hear is "the best". i only train with one character, and playing another reptile with a reptile no fun. i wish they would be somebody else so i can beat them like i was gonna do anyways! :reptile:

GNG Iniquity

playing another reptile with a reptile no fun.
I dunno about you, but I get confused as fuck doing Reptile mirrors. Wouldn't be an issue if the classic costume worked online, but 95% of the time it doesn't. The main and alternate costume are too similar lol

sLeeK

Noob
Yeah hitting it online is next to impossible, the lag factor is too great. Sleek I wasnt calling you a bad player (although you may very well be), I was referring to new influx of reptile players that decided to jump on the bandwagon because he is now considered a top character, rather than because they enjoy his play style.
:jerkoff: