What's new

Match-up Discussion Hitbox Zod mu chart- Khaotic Armor

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Iazb jails sinestro giving him enough time pop trait and take the fearblast trade but it would give zod a way better trade. When trait is out you can start locking him down, and if he does fear blast and knock me down the iazb will be approaching him, allowing zod to start the cycle again.
Oh I know the MU better than i know English I just wanna see it done vs cowboy

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
That's why this is a hitbox zod chart. If you don't have a hitbox it's probably 6-4/5-5. But if you can do perfect, consistent IAZB, Lex literally can't do anything to come in. Once Lex is sent fullscreen the game is over.
Its the same exact thing with Joker. Without hitbox its 7-3, with hitbox its a ggs and put the controller down. IAZBs consistently done just fucks Joker. Theres nothing he can do to escape it or deal with it.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Guys, honestly if you havent play a Zod with CONSISTANT IAZBs then you wont realize how hard it is to move against it. you can theory fight it in your mind but until you experience it first hand you just dont know. Trust me, I didnt think Superman lost that bad until this past weekend after playing an offline set vs Armor. That struggle is real.

IMO IAZB has not a large effect vs NW at all
i think they do, they allow you to dodge db2 with better recovery (enabling a mb laser), and sometimes they will hit nightwing in recovery from his db2.... it also builds meter and dodge db2... kind of stalemates him so he can't move forward... so you can just dodge his shit and wait for trait with them... and if you manage enough frame advantage you can blow him up with the zoning advantage. In fact iazb are one of the reasons i think the matchup could be confirmed as 7-3.

for the record this looks like my numbers from about 5/6 months ago.... probably a bit of upplaying here (especially in the aquaman matchup) but i just want to say this is pretty much exactly what i predicted would happen with the character when he becomes mastered (not from my success versus players)... but you know i am just a fraudulent loud mouth. I also said lex luthor had 0 options vs him like an eternity ago.... In all reality with the right execution he can make it impossible for some characters... and really difficult if he snowballs... it's a broken mechanic

@Youphemism any character like raven or ww who attempts to parry an iazb (slow) can be full combo punished for that parry by mb laser.

btw pig i wouldn't mind playing a superman in a set my zod isn't that bad and i found pretty good success against dab, never played theo but he might be too laggy.

E

Eldriken

LordJewish, sorry to break it to you, but Doomsday vs Zod is 4-6, not 5-5.

The only time it will be 5-5 is if I get you to the corner. That's where it all goes downhill for you. Anywhere else and it's your game, pretty much. I can negate your trait ONE time with my own and then yours is ready again before mine is. I would say that's one of the only advantages Doomsday has over Zod anywhere on the screen. If I can pop mine safely when you pop yours, I'm just going to be eating chip unless you're near something you can throw.

Body splash doesn't work on you anywhere other than in the corner because you can just trip guard me every single time. If you have good reactions and make a good read, I'm going to be über hesitant to attempt an MB Venom due to your parry.

I played this MU a fair amount with Pig and he really opened my eyes in regards to how much this MU sucks for Doomsday. In my opinion, Pig is the best Zod in the DD MU. Until people can handle it like he can, they may think it's even. Pig knows it's not and so do I.

@Iamthejewish

Last edited by a moderator:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Guys, honestly if you havent play a Zod with CONSISTANT IAZBs then you wont realize how hard it is to move against it. you can theory fight it in your mind but until you experience it first hand you just dont know. Trust me, I didnt think Superman lost that bad until this past weekend after playing an offline set vs Armor. That struggle is real.
I found Superman's slide takes care of that unless he meter burns it. Also when Zod is cornered he has no options. You can literally MB f3/b3 all day on his wakeup and whiff punish him easily. A blocked trait grab is a free flying punch which covers distance and even punishes the grab when spaced properly. Zod however definitely wins the zoning war. You can say its 6-4 Zod or 5-5 on certain stages since interactables benefit Supes equally to Zod IMO due to both character's traits.

Ok I gotta hear this, why do you think Superman is 7-3?
superman has to commit a lot to get in... with iazb's supes can't even zone... if you attempt to jump an instant air fastball can blow you up for 30-50%... his only options to deal with iazb is that slide move which can be punished on recovery... basically zod can zone in a way which superman has no safe options... plus superman has to deal with trait and runaway and interactables and he has bad tools to deal with... even zod's backdash is problematic...

that being said superman corner rapes him but i think zod has great tools to deal with supes pressure.... push block and instant air zod charge over the head get him out of the corner...

i think zod has an advantage 6-4 atleast

zod doesn't have to spam iazb continuously to shut down your options

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
I found Superman's slide takes care of that unless he meter burns it. Also when Zod is cornered he has no options. You can literally MB f3/b3 all day on his wakeup and whiff punish him easily. A blocked trait grab is a free flying punch which covers distance and even punishes the grab when spaced properly. Zod however definitely wins the zoning war. You can say its 6-4 Zod or 5-5 on certain stages since interactables benefit Supes equally to Zod IMO due to both character's traits.
It was so rare to have Armor trait grab. He would just pile on the chip damage. Also with the threat of low laser you cant do the sweep move unless you absolutely sure it'll work. its easily react-able to so the low laser is scary in that sense. True on when finally in but getting in is WAAAAAYYYY harder then it seems. The perfect mix between IAZBs and the rest of his zoning tools is absolute hell. even on block he will just burn the meter on lasers to push you back to full screen. and you are back in the struggle. The back dash is a problem and him running away with Zod charge, His A2A J1 is really good. trust me it is not easy at all. Zod also wins the interactable war easy.

DarksydeDash

superman has to commit a lot to get in... with iazb's supes can't even zone... if you attempt to jump an instant air fastball can blow you up for 30-50%... his only options to deal with iazb is that slide move which can be punished on recovery... basically zod can zone in a way which superman has no safe options... plus superman has to deal with trait and runaway and interactables and he has bad tools to deal with... even zod's backdash is problematic...

that being said superman corner rapes him but i think zod has great tools to deal with supes pressure.... push block and instant air zod charge over the head get him out of the corner...

i think zod has an advantage 6-4 atleast

zod doesn't have to spam iazb continuously to shut down your options
Glad to see someone agrees with me. One thing to consider however, due to Superman's damage, if he gets a huge life lead, Zod will be forced to come in on him.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

It was so rare to have Armor trait grab. He would just pile on the chip damage. Also with the threat of low laser you cant do the sweep move unless you absolutely sure it'll work. its easily react-able to so the low laser is scary in that sense. True on when finally in but getting in is WAAAAAYYYY harder then it seems. The perfect mix between IAZBs and the rest of his zoning tools is absolute hell. even on block he will just burn the meter on lasers to push you back to full screen. and you are back in the struggle. The back dash is a problem and him running away with Zod charge, His A2A J1 is really good. trust me it is not easy at all. Zod also wins the interactable war easy.
Even with the threat of the lasers by Zod, the slide does usually recover in time when Zod lands on the ground. From there, I suppose its a guessing game of another IAZB or a MB Ground Blast.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Glad to see someone agrees with me. One to consider however, due to Superman's damage, if he gets a huge life lead, Zod will be forced to come in on him.
I dont agree with the life lead thing. Whenever i did get a life lead on Armor he never changed his game plan. With the superior zoning a life lead is really hard to keep in this MU.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
Even with the threat of the lasers by Zod, the slide does usually recover in time when Zod lands on the ground. From there, I suppose its a guessing game of another IAZB or a MB Ground Blast.
True but the MB laser will push you back further then the ground you gained from the slide.