What's new

Hit confirming uses

Hoping to get feedback from others about how to use hit confirming strategically. what's your mental process when doing it? I'm still pretty noob, prone to over-inputting on combos etc. and have to think very deliberately to get strings to come out. Is hit confirming at all useful before I'm at the point of doing most stuff with muscle memory?

Typical example: Kung Lao with 112 into spin. If 112 is blocked, hit 1 again, but if hitting, do the spin.

Also, what are other good applications for hit confirming?

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
The main use of hit confirming is safety.

When your combo string connects you want to go with your biggest options that involves your special moves. These specials however, are usually unsafe on block. Thus by "hit confirming" you can check to see if your combo has either connected or has been blocked, before proceeding to the next step in the combo. Hit confirming is used for combos that have unsafe portions, since safe combos, don't need to be hit confirmed - you just perform those combos regardless.

For hit confirming to be more effective, you need fast reaction time, and a long enough combo string which gives you enough time to check. With MK9's, dial a combo system, you could tap the combo as quick as possible, look at the onscreen outcome (your opponent), and then input your option if a) hit or b) blocked.

Most X-Rays unless performed on reaction or punishment, should be "hit confirmed" through various combos, to guarantee their success rate. ie. Only when the opponent is hit, should you combo into X-Ray.

Kweli

Noob
I suffer from the same problem!

My brain -to- thumb communication isnt fast enough and I am unable to pull some of this stuff off.

I also find myself aborting combo's midway when the opponent blocks instead of following through and ending with something that will make it safer......

NariTuba

disMember
Is there any way to practice hit-confirming? I´m going to guess this must be practiced with a human sparring partner (what is that Block: AUTO option in the trainer anyway?)

Are there any drills experienced players use to practice hit confirming?

thanks for the tips!

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
Hit confirming with any character is extremely useful because it could save you from losing a round. If a have a special that is safe on block like Nightwolf's choke special you think to yourself and you want to use it at the end of his F+3,1 string then you think if the other parts of the string catches the opponent not blocking then you go into juggle with hatchet but if they block you do choke.
you just go into training mode and do it over and over again until it becomes muscle memory.