What's new

Highest midscreen combo w/o meter?

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
I usually do:

JIP + 2, 1, freeze + JIP + 2, 1, 2+1, dash + splitkick + slide for 43% (or 42?)

how do I improve on damage?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
:ex Slide for 45%, thats it, if you want to waste a bar for 3% then thats your call.

Best only to do it to kill off the opponent.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
If you're ballsy enough...

jP, 2, 1 / Ice Ball - jP, 2, 1, 1+2 >> neutral jump punch - Up+4 / Slide

Not sure of the damage but it should be a bit higher than 45%

Altaire

Noob
If you're ballsy enough...

jP, 2, 1 / Ice Ball - jP, 2, 1, 1+2 >> neutral jump punch - Up+4 / Slide

Not sure of the damage but it should be a bit higher than 45%
This is basically the only remotely practical way to boost the damage on his BnB from midscreen. I still wouldn't recommend it unless you're positive you can land it consistently, but it's feasible.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
42% no meter isnt good enough? You can reset the opponent by doing mid-bomb insted of slide after U4, then try either 34, 33, NJP or block and punish atempted wake-ups.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This is slightly off topic, and I haven't been able to play with CSZ for a while until very recently, does anyone have any tips on consistently following up U4 with slide? Like, the timing of the inputs or how far down I should let the opponent float before attempting the U4?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
This is slightly off topic, and I haven't been able to play with CSZ for a while until very recently, does anyone have any tips on consistently following up U4 with slide? Like, the timing of the inputs or how far down I should let the opponent float before attempting the U4?
You need to cancel into the up+4 halfway into your dash after 2, 1, 1+2.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Yes, cancel the dash into it. But really, for this one there isnt to much of a trick. You just have to practice it till you get it right everytime.

Altaire

Noob
Yes, cancel the dash into it. But really, for this one there isnt to much of a trick. You just have to practice it till you get it right everytime.
Except there really is.

STRYKIE, try this: Buffer the dash out of the 2 1 1+2. Input it near the end of the 1+2 animation. The dash will automatically come out as soon as the animation is done. As soon as you see the dash start up, input the U4. As soon as you see the U4 animation coming out, input the slide or the bomb. It's all sequential.

Give it a try.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Except there really is.

STRYKIE, try this: Buffer the dash out of the 2 1 1+2. Input it near the end of the 1+2 animation. The dash will automatically come out as soon as the animation is done. As soon as you see the dash start up, input the U4. As soon as you see the U4 animation coming out, input the slide or the bomb. It's all sequential.

Give it a try.
Damn, I was hoping you were seriouse when you said you werent posting anymore.

Anyway, canceling the dash isn't that hard, and I figured it was common since. Thats why I don't think there is any real trick to it. Just timing.

Altaire

Noob
Damn, I was hoping you were seriouse when you said you werent posting anymore.

Anyway, canceling the dash isn't that hard, and I figured it was common since. Thats why I don't think there is any real trick to it. Just timing.

You know, if I made a drinking game out of doing one shot for every profoundly stupid comment I've ever seen you make, I'd have enough to get myself seriously hammered. It'd probably be enough to just flat-out kill you, because you're still just a dumbassed kid, one who's in need of a serious reality check.

First off, I never claimed I was going to stop posting. Please, by all means, go find me one point where I've ever claimed that. I will bet you fifty bucks (which I'm sure is equivalent to blood diamonds at your age) that you won't find anything of the sort.

Second, the fact that the input is "common sense" doesn't mean that it's necessarily easy to do. Cervantes' BnB combos in Soul Calibur have always consisted of repeat IDGRs, which is just a QCB + 2 input with precise timing, but the fact that it's a simple input doesn't change the fact that it's hard as shit to pull it off three times in a row (especially at the risk of eating a full punish if you fuck it up even once). Some people have a harder time with execution than others, which should be evident in the fact that someone had to ask for an easier method to perform it. To assume that everyone will figure it out as easily as you did is pretty damn ignorant. If you really wanted to help the guy, you might stop and think "HMMMM, I wonder if there's a specific trick or order of operations I could use to pull this off?" There are a TON of tips you can use to make for easier execution, especially if you're a stick player. In MK9 alone, two huge assets are holding up preemptively for easier jump timing, and pianoing 1 to 2 for NJP inputs. I played on Jimmypotato's hitbox for the first time a couple weeks ago, and while he told me he was having trouble adjusting to it, I adapted to it within minutes. If he'd asked me how the hell I was doing it, I probably would've stopped to think about what I'm doing in particular and how I'm adjusting so easily. If someone asks you for advice on how to improve upon a particular skill, the LAST suggestion you could give them is to "just keep practicing". In some cases, that really is the only advice you can provide, but it should always be your goal to come up with a better answer than that.

Third, I am the moderator around here. Like it or not, I am in charge of running this forum, keeping it clean and ensuring that it serves its intended purpose. You might be able to get away with this snide, petty shit elsewhere, but on THIS forum, I can snap my fingers and make your posts disappear. I warned TEST YOUR MIGHT that if he continued to instigate and cause problems on this board, I'd start deleting any topic or post he made that I considered potentially explosive; apparently, he didn't believe me, because he kept doing it and I had to start deleting his topics. Eventually, he just stopped posting here altogether. If you'd like me to go through the same process all over again with you, then by all means, keep pushing you luck, and I'll be more than happy to enforce the same penalty. I'm dead seriouse.

Have a wonderful day.

Altaire

Noob
Ok, then I'll PM you.

Oh, look, I said cancel dash right there.
Cool, so you were one out of three? Hell, there may even be an easier trick than the one I posted, for all I know, so it's not like mine should be the standard all others are held to anyhow. You later went on to say it was "common sense". I just corrected you on that.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
You know, if I made a drinking game out of doing one shot for every profoundly stupid comment I've ever seen you make, I'd have enough to get myself seriously hammered. It'd probably be enough to just flat-out kill you, because you're still just a dumbassed kid, one who's in need of a serious reality check.

First off, I never claimed I was going to stop posting. Please, by all means, go find me one point where I've ever claimed that. I will bet you fifty bucks (which I'm sure is equivalent to blood diamonds at your age) that you won't find anything of the sort.

Second, the fact that the input is "common sense" doesn't mean that it's necessarily easy to do. Cervantes' BnB combos in Soul Calibur have always consisted of repeat IDGRs, which is just a QCB + 2 input with precise timing, but the fact that it's a simple input doesn't change the fact that it's hard as shit to pull it off three times in a row (especially at the risk of eating a full punish if you fuck it up even once). Some people have a harder time with execution than others, which should be evident in the fact that someone had to ask for an easier method to perform it. To assume that everyone will figure it out as easily as you did is pretty damn ignorant. If you really wanted to help the guy, you might stop and think "HMMMM, I wonder if there's a specific trick or order of operations I could use to pull this off?" There are a TON of tips you can use to make for easier execution, especially if you're a stick player. In MK9 alone, two huge assets are holding up preemptively for easier jump timing, and pianoing 1 to 2 for NJP inputs. I played on Jimmypotato's hitbox for the first time a couple weeks ago, and while he told me he was having trouble adjusting to it, I adapted to it within minutes. If he'd asked me how the hell I was doing it, I probably would've stopped to think about what I'm doing in particular and how I'm adjusting so easily. If someone asks you for advice on how to improve upon a particular skill, the LAST suggestion you could give them is to "just keep practicing". In some cases, that really is the only advice you can provide, but it should always be your goal to come up with a better answer than that.

Third, I am the moderator around here. Like it or not, I am in charge of running this forum, keeping it clean and ensuring that it serves its intended purpose. You might be able to get away with this snide, petty shit elsewhere, but on THIS forum, I can snap my fingers and make your posts disappear. I warned TEST YOUR MIGHT that if he continued to instigate and cause problems on this board, I'd start deleting any topic or post he made that I considered potentially explosive; apparently, he didn't believe me, because he kept doing it and I had to start deleting his topics. Eventually, he just stopped posting here altogether. If you'd like me to go through the same process all over again with you, then by all means, keep pushing you luck, and I'll be more than happy to enforce the same penalty. I'm dead seriouse.

Have a wonderful day.
Spelling mistake?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Cool, so you were one out of three? Hell, there may even be an easier trick than the one I posted, for all I know, so it's not like mine should be the standard all others are held to anyhow. You later went on to say it was "common sense". I just corrected you on that.
Yes. It is common sence to cancel the dash half way through then u4.

If you full dash, it misses. No dash, it misses. Half dash, WE GOT A WINNER. Yes, that is common sence.

Also, I don't know why I didn't post this sooner. But you said you would delete my post if I made an explosive or snide post. Kinda hypacrtitical don'cha think? If so, every single post you've ever made should be deleted.

Please, don't take this as an insult. But if I made a drinking game out of every post of yours that was snide or explosive, then I would have had 1,244 shots. Probably enough to kill a obese blue whale. Now since I know you can't just accept this and try to change, Im sure I will be making that 1,245 here in about 30 seconds.

Altaire

Noob
Yes. It is common sence to cancel the dash half way through then u4.

If you full dash, it misses. No dash, it misses. Half dash, WE GOT A WINNER. Yes, that is common sence.

Also, I don't know why I didn't post this sooner. But you said you would delete my post if I made an explosive or snide post. Kinda hypacrtitical don'cha think? If so, every single post you've ever made should be deleted.

Please, don't take this as an insult. But if I made a drinking game out of every post of yours that was snide or explosive, then I would have had 1,244 shots. Probably enough to kill a obese blue whale. Now since I know you can't just accept this and try to change, Im sure I will be making that 1,245 here in about 30 seconds.
Right. It IS common sense to cancel the dash half way through. Too bad that doesn't help much with the actual input. If you're doing U4 bomb, it's actually beneficial to cancel it as late as possible, since it gives you much better oki; in the case of my reset (and J360's, for that matter), canceling the dash late makes it impossible to escape by rolling. So much for common sense.

I'll do you a courtesy in not taking that as an insult, and I'll clarify:

- Rarely will I openly attack another poster unless they instigate. I'm sure this is subject to debate even if you look at it objectively, but I will stand by that. I won't say this is the case literally every time, but rarely do I just up and decide to lash out at people for no reason. When I call someone out, it's either to retaliate or to make a point.

- I don't moderate those forums. I DO, however, moderate this forum. This forum was filled with all sorts of hate around the time that people were debating whether or not Cyber Sub needed buffs, and I did nothing to keep the peace then. Why? It wasn't my job. I wasn't the forum mod then, I was just another jackass posting on the boards. I assumed that if it was deemed to be an issue by a staff member, they would see to it. At this point, it IS my job, and so I will take whatever measures I deem necessary to make sure my job is being done. You openly attacked me, more or less unprovoked (I told you were wrong, holy shit, stop the presses). I chose to reprimand you for it. If another poster had openly attacked you, I'd have reprimanded them for it, at least in the likely event that it lead to conflict. Bottom line: It's not my job to moderate the other forums. It IS my job to moderate this one, and I do it only out of love for the character (mostly because he gets none whatsoever). Were it not for that, I honestly wouldn't care.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Before this thread derails a bit....

Highest and most practical mid-screen combo with CSZ including jip...

jip 21xxfreeze. 21 1+2. dashxxu4xxslide.

43%

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

Re-read the post I was quoting at the time. Like, I felt I made the reference pretty obvious with the obnoxious boldface on that one little phrase.
Maybe if you made the quoted post red and size 7, like I did, it would have been more obvious ;).