What's new

Hey guys!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I realized I hadn't introduced myself yet,

I waited a while before getting MKXL because of all the comments I was getting so I continued playing MK2 on SNES, but one day it was on special and I figured eh wth so I went ahead and tried it and I fell in love with it. It find it kept the essence of the old games while giving it something fun and new. Online is fun as HELL.

Right now I've been maining Cassie for 3 weeks I think. Progress is slow since I work 2 weeks in nunavut and then I'm home for 7 days. I've considered bringing my PS4 here but I couldn't play online because our internet is as slow as dial-up so I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

No game plan other than mastering Cassie, I don't see myself going competitive, but competing for fun could be interesting.

Cheers!

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Welcome to the club! Be sure to heck out the Cassie forums for any potential tech (= new ways to use your moves) you might not have known about.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yup! I'll do that when I get home. Youtube won't even load here -_-

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Welcome/Wilkommen/Καλως όρισες/ようこしょ.

You should check the YT videos for Cassie Cage's combo tutorials. You'll want to check the MUs (Match Ups) to learn Cassie's stuff against other characters.

And get away from the trolls. :DOGE

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Being in an exploration camp in Nunavut for work kinda sucks sometimes. Thanks for the concern but it's nothing I can fix here :p my connection back home is a-okay since I thankfully live in a civilized area.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Welcome! As a fellow Canadian (Nova Scotia) I'm sorry. Working in Nunavut eh? I heard that prices up there for food and beer are crazy! :confused:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Hey! Thanks,
Yep, in the villages it's ridiculous. It's around 400$ for a 40oz of liquor. But I work on a dry reserve. We get one free beer on our plane ride back home though :D

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Quebec and I'm on PS4: Godstank24 not sure why it's not showing up on my side thing-y.

You?
I'm from Scotland and on both consoles. Was wondering where you lived so we could maybe help you find an offline scene to train with if you liked but you say you're probably not going competitive so it's up to you :)

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I'm from Scotland and on both consoles. Was wondering where you lived so we could maybe help you find an offline scene to train with if you liked but you say you're probably not going competitive so it's up to you :)
Ah okay sweet, well when the time comes and I decide to go for it, I'll let you know :D
What's an offline screen anyways?

Youphemism

Ah okay sweet, well when the time comes and I decide to go for it, I'll let you know :D
What's an offline screen anyways?
An offline SCENE not screen lol. Although for offline you will need a specific screen but I'll mention that in a second ;)

An offline scene is basically a group of players you meet up with to play the game offline/sitting next to each other/in real life to learn the game and practice and get better with. Competitive offline players also have specific monitors they play on with as low a response time as possible (usually 1ms) as this is what is played on in competitions.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Ahhh okay that's why it didn't make sense ahaha, yet I doubt any competitive players live in my town. It's pretty far from any major city around.

Yup, like most PC video game competitions. I was wondering if console competitions were done the same way. That's cool :)

Youphemism

Ahhh okay that's why it didn't make sense ahaha, yet I doubt any competitive players live in my town. It's pretty far from any major city around.

Yup, like most PC video game competitions. I was wondering if console competitions were done the same way. That's cool :)
I know @Jer is from Montreal and I think Hayatei is nearby there too, you should speak to them if you're interested :cool:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Welcome! I started off as a dedicated Cassie main as well (She is still my all time favorite MK character, but I find Jason fits me a bit more). Have you got the run cancels down?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Welcome! I started off as a dedicated Cassie main as well (She is still my all time favorite MK character, but I find Jason fits me a bit more). Have you got the run cancels down?
I always loved Johnny Cage and Sonya so what better way to honor that then by mastering their offspring :p I need to try jason he seems fun to play, though I never really like slower characters.

I can do them when I plan for it, if I somehow button mash gateway flip without wanting to I'll fuck it up 'cause I won't plan to run so I panic and go for B12+nut punch (or tackle depending) instead xD

I can't wait to get home and practice more, being here is like MK detox

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I realized I hadn't introduced myself yet,

Right now I've been maining Cassie for 3 weeks I think. Progress is slow since I work 2 weeks in nunavut and then I'm home for 7 days.
Welcome to TYM!!

If you have any questions about stuff around the site let us know, also feel free to check out the Cassie portion of our forum if you have any quesitions about combos etc feel free to check/post there as well! - https://testyourmight.com/forums/cassie-cage.406/

Cheers mate, enjoy your stay and again, welcome!

I would bring the PS4 with me. Nothing like lab time, especially if you want to flawlessly land your combos so well, you don't have to think about them. That way you can focus on meter management, and opponent behavior more. CHEERS! I wish you many Flaming Nut Punches, and blood filled bubble gum bubbles.