What's new

Match-up Discussion hep with a few match ups

piemaster

mortal hater
theres a few match ups in the game that im just completely clueless about and im seeing if anyone knows how has some good ideas how to handle them

basically just on

hawkgirl
doomsday
ares
black adam

maybe im just not thinking too clearly i dunno lol.

RunwayMafia
Joker8417

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
theres a few match ups in the game that im just completely clueless about and im seeing if anyone knows how has some good ideas how to handle them

basically just on

hawkgirl
doomsday
ares
black adam

RunwayMafia
Joker8417
I second the Hawkgirl info... As of now my Harley cakes is free to that winged bitch!

arydious

Noob
Remember cupcake bombs and EX cupcake bombs, it really gets Hawkgirl thinking about that air approach.

Doomsday I have not played a lot but basically I just punish him, they all try that stupid dive I silly slide out of it and TS into a full combo. once they become gun shy you can just melt them, or just zone them and bait the dive some more.

Ares I wont speak about, I have yet to fight any that are too good.

Black Adam: you really got to stay off the ground for a bit cause his zoning is pretty good and it all hits low. You can block low and wait but they generally bait into some sort of dive kick. patience is key here. once you get in on him using cupcake bombs or air shot he has a tough time dealing with harleys mix ups.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

basically just on

hawkgirl
doomsday
ares
black adam

RunwayMafia
Joker8417
From what I have played in this MU here I would say one of the keys to your success is establishing your fireball game. She has those angled air fireballs, which gives Adam a hard time. Don't get dumb with them just do enough to make me respect your zoning, because one bad fireball and you will eat 40%. If you can start getting me to respect those it can free you up a bit more. Anytime I block a fireball watch out for mine. If Teth can get his lighntning bolt out as a reversal you can't jump it or beat it out, so just block. As for Adam's pressure he is positive on most strings so pick your spots, because if I use the right combination of strings I have some pretty good counter hit setups and frame traps. I'm pretty sure Harley has a punish for normal dive kick (idk what it is, but I'm almost positive she has it), so if I hit you in the right area go for gold on that. At the very least it's free pressure.

Eshi

Noob
I've posted about Doomsday numerously in the match-up thread but I'll reiterate here.

* His fastest normal is 7 frames so he's hella free to frame traps.
* Silly slide to avoid gamma crush unblockable and full combo punish
* Anti-air his body splash with D3 - it low profiles and makes it whiff. J2, D2 and basically everything else are pointless to try because the hitbox is incredible. You can silly slide/backdash to avoid it though.
* He can't do anything about full screen gunshot spam except activate trait
* If he DOES activate trait, DO NOT PANIC. Let him get close to you, then spam fast start-up and recovery attacks on him (like D1 or 112). His trait is not real super armor, he still suffers a small amount of hit stun and this will lock him down until the duration is gone. Hitting him with TS > 3 is hilarious, it stuns him for 2 full seconds.