What's new

help with landing F4, 3, Soul Steal

Anyone else have trouble linking these? The biggest damage BnB combos with shang tsung tend to end the combo with F4, 3, Soul Steal and for some reason when I buffer the Soul Steal into the F4, 3, it only comes out like 10% of the time. Im pretty damn familiar with this game. I know how to play pretty much every character and can do their BnBs fairly simply, but this F4, 3, Soul Steal seems to have less frames to link in the Soul Steal...? Reminds me of trying to do combos in SSF4...I sucked at that game! Anyways, anyone else have this problem or any tips on how to land it more easily?

EDIT: Nvm.....figured it out...I was trying to Hold Forward while inputing the F4, 3 and then just do Down, Back 3. You have to do F4, 3, then release Forward, then press forward again to do the FDB3 for Soul Steal. Someone tell me how to delete this post lol

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
What is it combo, for example? im do 40-43 damage combo without F4,3 soul steal.
Should be something like

jp, 2,2,1, mid ground skull, far ground skull,ex ground skull, close ground skull, dash, f4,3 soul steal. (around 49% if you add a upper fireball before the jump punch)

I believe it's same damage if you change f4,3 for just 3, but f4,3 is easier to land imo.

-M-

Noob
I prefer ending with double close ground skull soul steal, with an up skull starter it's 50%, can't quite remember what it is without.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
I rarely use 2,2,1 but wow tc I never even knew you could F4,3,--> SS as an ender. Usually I just did 2,1,2 lol

your method with a Upskull, JIP does a whopping 48%

badass and thanks

Edit: if you're quick you can get in a Far ground skull before the EX and end with just a SS for 49%

Upskull, JIP, 2,2,1, close skull, mid skull, far skull (this does 40% before EX skull. 40% metreless is GREAT!!!), Ex-skull, Soul Steal = 49%

Edit: 'new' corner combo: Upskull, JIP, 2,2,1, close skull, 1, B+2, Soul Steal or straight fireball = 44%

Edit: did even more testing and F4,3 is practically useless if you want to end with a SS since B+2, SS does more damage and is way easier to land.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I prefer ending with double close ground skull soul steal, with an up skull starter it's 50%, can't quite remember what it is without.
can you post the full inputs?I've never been able to get a soul steal after second ground skull. Timing is way to strict for me to make it as my shang's bnb. Any tips?

I rarely use 2,2,1 but wow tc I never even knew you could F4,3,--> SS as an ender. Usually I just did 2,1,2 lol

your method with a Upskull, JIP does a whopping 48%

badass and thanks

Edit: if you're quick you can get in a Far ground skull before the EX and end with just a SS for 49%

Upskull, JIP, 2,2,1, close skull, mid skull, far skull (this does 40% before EX skull. 40% metreless is GREAT!!!), Ex-skull, Soul Steal = 49%

Edit: 'new' corner combo: Upskull, JIP, 2,2,1, close skull, 1, B+2, Soul Steal or straight fireball = 44%

Edit: did even more testing and F4,3 is practically useless if you want to end with a SS since B+2, SS does more damage and is way easier to land.
I just tested my bnb and it's 49% with the upskull, jp, mid,far, ex, close, dash, f4,3, ss. Given the fact that hitting with the upskull is really situational, i tested it and it's 43% without it, and 40% without the jp as well.

Is yours 47% +2%, or is it 49% as a full?because I'm only getting the 47% with your inputs, but I believe it does not count the second 2% damage from the soul steal, so it'd be 47% + 2%. I know this damage counting "glitch" doesn't happen with the one I mentioned.

As for the corner combo you can go (as I saw on the high level shang tsung video in the other thread where Detroitballin played him*)
upskull, jp, 2,2,1, close ground skull, jump kick*(no neutral), f4,3,4, ss and it's 48%.
However, I'd rather go for another upskull instead of that ss to keep the corner pressure if my health is not enough and/or I don't know the morphed character corner strings that well. If they wake up attack, upskull will do no dmg cause of invicibility frames, but it'll give you time to block even to 6 frames wakeups like KL's spin. Punishable on block 'cause of being in a corner(you'd have to be quick against that spin, though). So free kombo for you! That means you can go after a ss on your second corner combo and get the round(as long as they don't break) with boosted chip damage.(gotta learn those chars safe strings first!) If they lay down, it hits and gets them crouch blocking, which means you can apply pressure with a b1,2,1,4 (that 1 is overhead) or another string depending on how your opponent likes to block(f4,3 is another good option). If it hits, you get another free combo with a ground skull, jump kick and f4,3,4 and combo ender of your choice. (except ground skull since it's not that reliable). Needless to say that if they don't wake up attack and just keep blocking you're free to apply as much pressure and get as many chip damage as you want.

I don't know if you already knew that, but it's always good to post that kinda things for everyone who passes by and reads this. Hope it helps.

PD: B2 is evil with me as to get a ss off it. Good thing about f4,3 as a combo finisher is that it cannot be "too early". It hits higher that you'd think. In fact, the higher, the better.

Danno

Noob
So I picked up shang in the training room last night and really like what I am doing there. He is slow as hell but I think I can manage.

Now why this is on topic, I cant seem to pull off forward+4,3,4 exSkull

I am using the PDP stick so im not sure if Im releasing the forward button properly in time to hit the skull inputs. Not really sure what I am doing wrong ont he timing here. I guess practice will fix this up

So I picked up shang in the training room last night and really like what I am doing there. He is slow as hell but I think I can manage.

Now why this is on topic, I cant seem to pull off forward+4,3,4 exSkull

I am using the PDP stick so im not sure if Im releasing the forward button properly in time to hit the skull inputs. Not really sure what I am doing wrong ont he timing here. I guess practice will fix this up
you have to wait till the last kick connects then push db or db+block