What's new

General/Other - Hellfire Hellfire Pressure Gone

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
21 is also probably the go to cancel now because they cannot let go of block to escape because it combos into whatever you do next.

21 fbc into b12 flame aura also combos which if done pefectly beats pokes and with aura on can beat armor and you just confirm the b12 into tele.

21 FBC B12 Aura 214 tele 21 spear jip 2 f4 tele is 34% meterless still.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Yes, that's what you were meant to do.

And it's what you still have to do against Liu Kang.

And you don't even have that option in that corner.
That is still pretty dumb though. I do not really think you can justify that a character should have a guaranteed blockstring into a shit-ton of chip and meter building, and to get out you need to get hit. Basically death if on low health either way. And this is after EVERY bnb. I cannot talk on Liu Kang`s behalf, but I think it had to go.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That is still pretty dumb though. I do not really think you can justify that a character should have a guaranteed blockstring into a shit-ton of chip and meter building, and to get out you need to get hit. Basically death if on low health either way. And this is after EVERY bnb. I cannot talk on Liu Kang`s behalf, but I think it had to go.
It's not a big deal to me no, but given that it is a recurring answer the RC strings that give enough advantage on block for another guaranteed blockstring until they run out of stamina, maybe there's a correlation?

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
21 is also probably the go to cancel now because they cannot let go of block to escape because it combos into whatever you do next.

21 fbc into b12 flame aura also combos which if done pefectly beats pokes and with aura on can beat armor and you just confirm the b12 into tele.

21 FBC B12 Aura 214 tele 21 spear jip 2 f4 tele is 34% meterless still.
He's definitely lost his top 5 position now probably a solid high tier but as far as 21 FBC anyone can just d1 you out of it.

Yep. Bumped out of top 5 talk. Still good.

Hellfire just became slightly risky. Or not super safe air tight. Therefore still viable, but not worth the effort IMO.

May as well take simpler execution if it isn't going to push top 5

The meter gain was ridiculous admittedly and the chip was pretty crazy with FA active.

The fact that it now has that really big pushback it opens up alot of poking out and armoring out situations. Which ok yeah there's the mindgame. But it doesn't take godlike reads or reactions to poke/armor out of 21 FBRC or B3 FBRC etc.

His neutral tools are pretty sub par compared to alot of the cast. HF is reactable. F2 can be poked out of but still good. F4 is reactable. B1 is really good if you're in range. F3 is really good but FBRC that into linking to a combo on hit is really tricky and depends on range. B31F2 is ok but not great and B3 is well...his only low normal.

This made me upset not because I think he's not viable anymore but because he wasn't this top tier death character so many people believed him to be before the patch. But now he's nerfed and he's even more so not. Plus other characters are keeping their ridiculous shenanigans that are in alot of cases worse.

Pre patch I put him somewhere top 10. Now I don't even know. Only time will tell and we'll see if MIT can do anything with him at events.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im just worried now cause i was starting stuff with scorp hellfire variation and wanted to know just how good he'd be after this latest patch.

does 214 still combo into teleport then?