What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

zaf

professor
Hmm. Yeah I guess it would make UTH kinda OP. I only had a chance to glance at them
That set up is not really even fast, technically speaking.
You are required to have 2 cards for the combo (minimum for hobgoblin to even be of any worth)
Hobgoblin needs to live a turn first as well.
So if you drop him on 3, then play some cards on 4 like muster ( in a world where it says play instead of summon) , then it took you 4 turns to get a small board going.
Where as zoo does this starting turn 1 and it doesn't end. Hunter always has threats to deploy starting turn 1 as well. For a deck like this what would a paladin even be doing turns 1 and 2 that would even be worth playing a hobgoblin into?

Fast does not mean you can make a cute little combo. A deck being fast is more of the nature of a deck.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That set up is not really even fast, technically speaking.
You are required to have 2 cards for the combo (minimum for hobgoblin to even be of any worth)
Hobgoblin needs to live a turn first as well.
So if you drop him on 3, then play some cards on 4 like muster ( in a world where it says play instead of summon) , then it took you 4 turns to get a small board going.
Where as zoo does this starting turn 1 and it doesn't end. Hunter always has threats to deploy starting turn 1 as well. For a deck like this what would a paladin even be doing turns 1 and 2 that would even be worth playing a hobgoblin into?

Fast does not mean you can make a cute little combo. A deck being fast is more of the nature of a deck.
Well there are cards pally can play at 1 now if he is going mech. Mech seems like it'll be pretty fast, and you can probably get some decent set-up rolling.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hahahaha.
I know... it's overwhelming.

The bad part for me is I don't have the funds to buy uber amounts of packs. ;-;
Me neither :( I got heroes of the storm access, but I'm so into my other games right now. GvG is the only thing I'll probably devote any time to :(

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
how much money you guys think am gonna have to blow to get most of this cards?
120 cards, 5 cards a pack, assuming you want 2 of each...

120/5 = 24 * 2 = 48 perfect packs with some legendaries to D/E.
Packs are 1.99 a pop basically, so 48*1.99 = 95.52

Once again assuming you perfectly get only what you need and nothing more.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Me neither :( I got heroes of the storm access, but I'm so into my other games right now. GvG is the only thing I'll probably devote any time to :(
I got Heroes of the Storm alpha too, haven't done anything with it though.
I'll still be playing other games.. but maaaan.

Oh, yeah, guys, apparently it comes out December 8TH.
A fair bit.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
120 cards, 5 cards a pack, assuming you want 2 of each...

120/5 = 24 * 2 = 48 perfect packs with some legendaries to D/E.
Packs are 1.99 a pop basically, so 48*1.99 = 95.52

Once again assuming you perfectly get only what you need and nothing more.
will packs be giving only the new cards for a short period?
if not there is no way to get them all l0l

somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't understand the gadgetzan nerf. I was under the impression that gadgetzan was only op in a rogue deck because of preparation, so why didn't they just nerf preparation?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Know what I just thought of?

Miniron's head + KT as a combo.
It's hard enough to wipe off an 8hp minion, but to clear it and a field full of mechs is even harder.
Whats more is when your turn comes and they pop, you get them back at the end, allowing for possible multiple voltrons.

zaf

professor
Soulfire now costs one.
Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6.
One other balance that I can't remember.
The other one is a nerf to flare. It now cost 2.
Should not be too too much. You are now going to get the new card packs in arena as well.
somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't understand the gadgetzan nerf. I was under the impression that gadgetzan was only op in a rogue deck because of preparation, so why didn't they just nerf preparation?
Honestly now idea. Gadgetzan was not that bad in other decks, it was more fair. In rogue it was really only OP because of prep. Not sure why they would nerf gadgetzan and not prep. Considering they are also nerfing soulfire.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I downloaded it a couple of days ago and messed with it a little bit. Finished the tutorial and played an online match. Such an awesome game. I'll dive into it once I'm done with my midterms.
What should I expect overall? Other than losing almost every match at first?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I downloaded it a couple of days ago and messed with it a little bit. Finished the tutorial and played an online match. Such an awesome game. I'll dive into it once I'm done with my midterms.
What should I expect overall? Other than losing almost every match at first?
Expect to see a lot of the same deck after a while. Once the meta stabilizes, everyone flocks to the FotM decks.
Try to find something you enjoy doing.

zaf

professor
these nerfs are huge to miracle and zoo
Expect to see a lot of the same deck after a while. Once the meta stabilizes, everyone flocks to the FotM decks.
Try to find something you enjoy doing.
It actually isn't that bad. Doombawkz is making look worse then it is.
This is something you can kind of just expect when it comes to card games.
It is not that decks are Flavour of the month. But more or less how a meta game works for card games.

There will be 1 deck that is generally just better then the rest of the current decks being played. Whether that is because it has powerful cards, or the new card cycle has started and this is just the easiest deck to get wins with. Once people figure how to beat this deck with another deck, the new deck gains popularity to fight the older deck. This cycle just keeps on repeating. It is more or less a king of the hill with decks.

It is not that people are flocking to the decks. It is more like, this is what you need to be playing in order to be winning. You can not just piece together a deck that has a theme you like. If your deck does not have the answers for the cards being played, or your deck does not put out threats relative to what is being played then the deck is probably bad. But a bad deck can be a good deck, it just depends on the meta.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
New update for Hearthstone now out!

You can use GvG cards in arena and view them in the collection. Changes, balances and bugfixes have been made. Spectator Mode has been added!