What's new

Guide - Wrestler Having trouble with quad ticks throws

Okay I picked up jax for alil while played pumped up mostly until now since all the beta out , it's been buzzing about wrestler being better because of the tick throws how do you experience guys do the D12 tick what tell can I see from jax to where I actually input the dbf 1? I can do all of them expect for the D1 and D12 no problem any tips guys

If you're asking how to input the cg after d1 or d1d2. I would suggest buffering the input of the command grab while doing d1 d1

igogorek

Noob
Just tried to buffer it I can get d1 into command grab more often now thanks guys how would I buffer the d12 ?d1d12dbf?
Can someone please explain how to buffer normals? I allways thought thaT buffering only works when you cancel specials, do reversals and run cancels. And if you input normal to early it won't come out on a first possible frame, it just won't come out. =) What am i missing?

Edit
Oh. I think i get it. You mean buffering "down" from a normal input to a command grab input?

Last edited:
Can someone please explain how to buffer normals? I allways thought thaT buffering only works when you cancel specials, do reversals and run cancels. And if you input normal to early it won't come out on a first possible frame, it just won't come out. =) What am i missing?

Edit
Oh. I think i get it. You mean buffering "down" from a normal input to a command grab input?
Correct what I did was d1d1 dbf1 and it came out 90% of the time

igogorek

Noob
And is there a tip for executing f3~quad?
It's cancel of 1 button string into 3-directional special, which implies that command grab input should be executed pretty fast. But strangely i have highest success rate when executing it without trying too hard. =) Still inconsistently thou.

For the f3 I usually go with charcter hints when I hear jax grunt lol I usally input dbf 1 I get consistently that way it is somewhat of s fast input from f3to cg tho as long as I can do the db motion fast I feel confident that I'll land the cg

igogorek

Noob
For the f3 I usually go with charcter hints when I hear jax grunt lol I usally input dbf 1 I get consistently that way it is somewhat of s fast input from f3to cg tho as long as I can do the db motion fast I feel confident that I'll land the cg
Tried it yesterday, and it works well for both d1 and f3. Thanks.

You don't need input shortcuts to cancel d1 into command grab easily. I'd advise to turn them off.
May I ask why ?I always play with everything off anyway just so I don't get lazy with my inputs and condition myself to do the inputs clean and correctly but why advise for them to be turned off?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
May I ask why ?I always play with everything off anyway just so I don't get lazy with my inputs and condition myself to do the inputs clean and correctly but why advise for them to be turned off?
Like I said, you can do tick throws easily without Input Shortcuts. Ever used an interactible by mistake? Probably because of input shortcuts ;)

This may be a dumb question, but how do you get out of jaxs 114 tick throw? When i block i get thrown and on hit in the corner i get thrown lol

Can some one confirm what strings into cg for a tick throw I thought they removed d12 as one of them ? But I seen it done in a dragon vs Jupiter match