What's new

Having the game early and how it affects you.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Tweedy didn't just whine about not having a code louder than anyone. He did that AND said people should be banned from visiting early tournaments if they got a code. Then when he got his code, he outright contradicted himself and said that its fine, and said "I'm allowed to change my opinion". Now that he missed out on an early copy, he's back to saying exactly that again. Although he's been noticeably quiet in here, so maybe he got a copy and changed his opinion again.

It's clear his opinion is nothing other than what benefits himself the most, and he's more than happy taking and justifying his right to the same advantage over other competitors that he will whine incessantly about others having if he doesn't get it. I've always been nuetral with Tweedy but after thIs shit he officially gets zero respect from me forever. He doesn't care about competitive integrity at all it's just a thinly veiled way of whining that others have something he doesnt
Haha @WB-chan...

Hi

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
We are close to release boyz. No beta or early copy for me, but no f*cks given either. I am happy when I am grinding and learning, and I do not need a head start to get to the best of my abilities. These dudes who have the game early have no advantages on you unless you truly believe they do, your mentality gives them the edge.

As long as you work hard and play smart, there is nothing standing in your way. Hell, in sports there are people who started playing as children who fail to become professionals while some who pick it up during high school or even adulthood become hall of famers.
I respect your attitude but iirc they showed a graphic of beta stats on a watchtower stream and one guy played over 6,000 matches (I could be way off.) A large portion of improving is experience and someone without the beta and early copy is behind. We'll eventually catch up but we're starting at a disadvantage. Combo Breaker is $20,000 and points. It's too big to not have simple rules to prevent controversy. Not picking a fight with you. Like I said, I respect your attitude.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I respect your attitude but iirc they showed a graphic of beta stats on a watchtower stream and one guy played over 6,000 matches (I could be way off.) A large portion of improving is experience and someone without the beta and early copy is behind. We'll eventually catch up but we're starting at a disadvantage. Combo Breaker is $20,000 and points. It's too big to not have simple rules to prevent controversy. Not picking a fight with you. Like I said, I respect your attitude.
Shut up and put Senior Scrote Sack to work

Reactions: GAV
I don't see why not, as first of all, it's a more than fair assumption that people here would pay for an early copy if the option became available.

And secondly, even though that's admirable of you (if its true), it's also futile, as you will no doubt buy the game anyway, most defiantly on the first available hour of its release. And if you have it pre ordered on XBOX marketplace or PS Store and they allowed you to play it early, you most defiantly would. I doubt you would sit there until the 16th or 18th even though you had early access.

A totally fair assumption mate.

You also might be the only person on here that would refuse that option.
Of course I would buy it when it's out on it's official date but not before that even if I could play it a month before that, also my reason is pretty simple, I would like a fair start for everyone as much as possible, others doing otherwise (or wanting to) is not gonna change my stance on the matter and I'm gonna wait until 19 May since my account is from Europe (gonna buy it digitally)

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Because @GAV is a special one.
I still think you should go.

I don't think you will regret it if you don't. I just think you will have a great time if you do.

Some characters exist in a state very close to their Injustice 1 form.

asddgd

Noob
Why is it some people don't understand that money is an issue? Same reason I'm not going to combo breaker even though i live in michigan. Already planning for evo and a few other trips in the coming months.

Frizen

Noob
Seriously, 5 days and people are freaking out. Or maybe as a huge Tekken fan im just a pro at looking at people playing the game i cant... Yeah, try 2.5 years.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
You got quiet? Why is that? You ok?
I'm alive. Sorry but your senor scrotum isn't coming anywhere near me.

On a side note I genuinely have no recollection of posting that message at all. I 100% don't remember, that's when you know you're a bit too faded haha

I honestly have zero issue with some folks having early copies of the game - enough of them are sharing the love via YouTube to keep me going a few more days. :p

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Nrs could eliminate this kind of scenario and avoid unfair tourney advantages.

First way:
If they release future games only digitally for the first 2 or 3 weeks, and then release the cd version. This way, everybody can get the game at the same time, since psn/other platforms only allow to download the game after an specific date. If somebody wants to own a cd copy of the game, just wait a bit, if you are in a hurry due to tourneys or whatever reason, pick digital version.

Second way:
Disc is locked in a way that only allows to start the game when official release date arrives. So the only advantage of getting an early copy would be to admire the box artwork. This could be done by checking official date and hour connecting to psn, or by means of a small dlc file that nrs would allow you to download when release day came.

And I'm sure there are other ways. If it's not done, it's just lazyness from nrs. With so much money on the line, I think they should look into this.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
And I'm sure there are other ways. If it's not done, it's just lazyness from nrs. With so much money on the line, I think they should look into this.
So, eliminate physical media all together? Or just make it only work after checking in periodically online? Let my internet connection strength decide when and where I'm allowed to play my games?

Hmm, sounds familiar.

So, eliminate physical media all together? Or just make it only work after checking in periodically online? Let my internet connection strength decide when and where I'm allowed to play my games?

Hmm, sounds familiar.
Im not sure if its possible but only one time online check after official release date to activate the game (depending on when someone is gonna activated his game), doesnt do much harm imo