What's new

Strategy Harley vs Deathstroke's guns

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
I main Harley, and feel pretty damn comfortable against every character. But one thing just gets me, online Deathstroke players using their guns against Harley. With Batman I can usually beat them, but I haven't found a solution with Harley. Any tips?

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
I'm having the same problem. The match up seems impossible since he can duck under her main fireball and shoot at the same time. x_x

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
This is hard for me too. But I like to do silly slide after I duck a high gun. And jump over the low gun and do db1

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
I thought thought my inability to deal with Deathstroke zoning was just a case of me being bad and not really understanding the games mechanics. Sounds like others are having the same issues I am though. If anyone has any tips I too would appreciate hearing them.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Reo's guide applies to Harley as much as anyone else. Just try not to jump and don't waste your time trying to outzone him. Try to make your way in, block the inevitable Sword Flip, and punish. Once you're in, try to keep the pressure up, but watch out for Sword Spin, especially on wake-up.

Gooch Peencher

I've learned not to jump against the him, and not worried so much about his wake up. His guns just have a stupid pushback that makes you feel like you're taking one step forward and 3 steps back at the same time. His dual pistols have a fast startup too. The only thing that has worked for me so far is spam him with the ex air pistols. and its really not my style -_-

Ugh, this match up sucks. I get so angry... But here is my 2 cents. I dont always win, But I can beat him. Its all a big mind game, But he has the advantage. I usually duck and back the first spray of guns once hes on the other side of the map. I wait until he shoots again and use Oopsy Daisy. It keeps you in the hair for a decent amount of time, long enough for the his bullets to go under you. (save EX metter for the next part if you hit him with Oppsydaisy. ). Land, line of fire EX >sillyslide tantrum and get back in his face. The closer you are, the better chance you have to win.

What i usually do is to use EX Cupcake Bomb and either dash in or use her command dash. It works but the timing is just weird. You're still going to eat a bullet or two half of the time.

BRIG

Noob
One thing that hasn't been mentioned is using Harley's gunshot to pester death stroke and make him think twice about mindless spamming. You are not going to win a zoning war but don't forget the gun is quick. Anytime you have pseudo advantage(blocking low gun or ducking quick shot) you can shoot back. If he tries to continue blasting away hell eat a bullet.

Don't be afraid to make him feel uncomfortable by checking him every now and then. You still want and have to get in, but you don't have to necessarily bum rush him.

Also see my thread on silly slide for some safe jump setups on ds. Very important to stay on top of this guy once u get in.

KS_Shogun

Always Bet On Black
Dont let the deathstroke player breathe in this matchup, you always want to give him as much pressure as possible. But if you do get in that unfortunate situation where your fullscreen, you dont want to jump ever (personally i feel like the only time you want to jump is if your in range to clip him with j.f 2).

Dash to block will be your best friend in this match up. you can dash forward after spamming guns or rifle and block the next set. if they keep spamming, keep dashing up and blocking. your objective is to get in his face. and make sure to aslo punish those sword flip spammers, back 2 2 into bnb or down 1 into bnb is what i personally like to use. But this is mainly the basics of the matchup and hopefully it will help you guys out with more of the scrubby DS's ill probably make an in depth video for more in the match up.

Jermball

Noob
I main Harley, and feel pretty damn comfortable against every character. But one thing just gets me, online Deathstroke players using their guns against Harley. With Batman I can usually beat them, but I haven't found a solution with Harley. Any tips?
I haven't played an amazing deathstroke yet, but against most online deathstrokes i did find that if you spam DF1, you will be relatively safe. he can't start up his gunshots until you stop(you cannot trade bullets though you will lose), I think the only thing that could stop you would be low deathstroke gunshot, but can he input it while ducking? Also, harley actually inches herself forward with every shot, so when you have them scared.. you can jumping db1 and hit them with gunshot which is overhead, or even better go for the mixup when they're hesitant. I feel the gun is underestimated. The best thing is to frustrate deathstroke before he gets you.. Harley can do it! I know this isn't the only thing, cupcake bombs and meaty neutral jump 2 will blow up deathsroke too in the close up game. if you land 112 silly slide you can neutral jump and meaty your jump in because i'm pretty sure they can't tech roll 112. Hope this helps!

Gooch Peencher

I haven't played an amazing deathstroke yet, but against most online deathstrokes i did find that if you spam DF1, you will be relatively safe. he can't start up his gunshots until you stop(you cannot trade bullets though you will lose), I think the only thing that could stop you would be low deathstroke gunshot, but can he input it while ducking? Also, harley actually inches herself forward with every shot, so when you have them scared.. you can jumping db1 and hit them with gunshot which is overhead, or even better go for the mixup when they're hesitant. I feel the gun is underestimated. The best thing is to frustrate deathstroke before he gets you.. Harley can do it! I know this isn't the only thing, cupcake bombs and meaty neutral jump 2 will blow up deathsroke too in the close up game. if you land 112 silly slide you can neutral jump and meaty your jump in because i'm pretty sure they can't tech roll 112. Hope this helps!
DF1 does pretty good against them but i've noticed smarter DS players like to finally decide to duck and can transition into their DF1 from ducking pretty fast after you're gun shoots. It literally becomes a zoning game that DS has the upper hand in with all his gun options. And using your DF1 to get in is smart but I have better luck getting halfway across the screen to him and then using an EX cupcake bomb so I can close the space really fast and await his wakeup.

one thing you can do when far away is your jumping gun shot, it stuffs his spinning sword quite often, don't do it all the time obviously but it really helps in getting around his zoning

also, cupcake bomb does the same thing but use it for when you predict him trying to predict your jump

D

Deleted member 9158

One of these days a really great deathstroke will emerge from the pile of scrubbery that I've only seen so far.

...someday

I hate to be the one to tell you but you will have to counter pick to a different character. the match is nearly unwinnable for her because she requires a great deal of human error form the DS to even get within mid range where she is in even more danger
this game is drastically match up based and only some character have tools to fight back with and sadly Harley has none

Jermball

Noob
DF1 does pretty good against them but i've noticed smarter DS players like to finally decide to duck and can transition into their DF1 from ducking pretty fast after you're gun shoots. It literally becomes a zoning game that DS has the upper hand in with all his gun options. And using your DF1 to get in is smart but I have better luck getting halfway across the screen to him and then using an EX cupcake bomb so I can close the space really fast and await his wakeup.
The thing is I'm not trying to just get in. I'm trying to frustrate deathstroke. You can mix jumping gunshot which is overhead if you anticipate low gun shot from deathstroke
Or when you have him hesitant to shoot...take the time to silly slide xx tantrum stance, its an almost fullscreen poke leading to combo. As long as you understand you must block and be patient...the matchup imo is only slightly in deathstrokes favor rather than heavily in his favor.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
How about instead of throwing around unnecessary 10-0, 9-1's, etc... you guys go watch REO and Bradys Overreacting to Deathstroke videos and apply it to your Harley play. This matchup is NOT in his favor.