What's new

Hard to land a b3 with Zod

Typically the only time you are gonna land a b3 with him is if you get a trait grab. Well, people just hold back and never let you get the grab. And then if you do happen to get the grab, a lot of the time you are full screen and you can't get over there in time to take advantage.

So basically the only time you get a trait grab that you can take advantage of is if you have the trait out and you immediately go into a combo and get the grab off while they are getting juggled and can't block. But the trait is only out for a few seconds so it is really hard to call out the trait and then get a combo going.

Someone help me out please.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
? When Trait is out use that oppurtunity to get in. F2 , B1 and Lazer are scary enough to make them second guess about not doing anything.

And from a full screen Trait Grab, I believe you could do like GA where you do 2 or 3 dashes and you should be in B3 range.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
I'm going to start by saying Zod is one of the most advanced and technical characters in Injustice, he may not be for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. He has an incredibly steep learning curve, and it'll take months before he's truly figured out (no help from the bi-weekly patches)

B3 does not mean you aren't getting good damage, that's your first misconception. Trait grab is overhead. Zod has a full screen low laser. 1 + 1 = mixups. If they block high, then go low.

If you summon trait full screen, you can do almost ANYTHING you want to approach. Slow instant air Zod ball and dash behind it, Zod dash and make it safe with a Wraith Slash, MB low laser and wraith slash them on block for a free 8% chip damage and block advantage.

Be imaginitive, don't pigeon hole yourself into believing that scoring a B3 or trait grab is the only way to win or score damage with Zod. Even without trait he is still a solid character.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Typically the only time you are gonna land a b3 with him is if you get a trait grab. Well, people just hold back and never let you get the grab. And then if you do happen to get the grab, a lot of the time you are full screen and you can't get over there in time to take advantage.

So basically the only time you get a trait grab that you can take advantage of is if you have the trait out and you immediately go into a combo and get the grab off while they are getting juggled and can't block. But the trait is only out for a few seconds so it is really hard to call out the trait and then get a combo going.

Someone help me out please.

Other than using B3 MB for practical reads and uses (hawkgirl mace charge blow up and black adam dive kick read blow up) You Should practice this

This was in my recent video but i recorded this really quick to answer your question

Pig Of The Hut

I'm going to start by saying Zod is one of the most advanced and technical characters in Injustice, he may not be for you, and there's nothing wrong with that. He has an incredibly steep learning curve, and it'll take months before he's truly figured out (no help from the bi-weekly patches)

B3 does not mean you aren't getting good damage, that's your first misconception. Trait grab is overhead. Zod has a full screen low laser. 1 + 1 = mixups. If they block high, then go low.

If you summon trait full screen, you can do almost ANYTHING you want to approach. Slow instant air Zod ball and dash behind it, Zod dash and make it safe with a Wraith Slash, MB low laser and wraith slash them on block for a free 8% chip damage and block advantage.

Be imaginitive, don't pigeon hole yourself into believing that scoring a B3 or trait grab is the only way to win or score damage with Zod. Even without trait he is still a solid character.
Zod is the hardest character in injustice imo but in the end will reap many rewards when we master him

Other than using B3 MB for practical reads and uses (hawkgirl mace charge blow up and black adam dive kick read blow up) You Should practice this

This was in my recent video but i recorded this really quick to answer your question

Ok, that video helped a lot. I see what you are trying to get across.

Thanks for the input. Yes, he is a hard character to use. I picked up his combos no problem, but as Pig show in the video and you talk about here, the real key is the mixups and the mind games with the trait and the ground laser. I need to work on that stuff more.

Pig Of The Hut

Thanks for the input. Yes, he is a hard character to use. I picked up his combos no problem, but as Pig show in the video and you talk about here, the real key is the mixups and the mind games with the trait and the ground laser. I need to work on that stuff more.
once the threat of the laser cancel is out there using MB Late

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

Do you end the combos in the video(s) with Phantom Strike MB for show or is there a significant reason?

Pig Of The Hut

Do you end the combos in the video(s) with Phantom Strike MB for show or is there a significant reason?
adds 6-8% damage
Full screen push back on hit
adds to the time alloted (2-3 more sec plus distance) in order to get trait back

Throws, long strings, long combo enders, mb slow iazb full screen are all tools to take up time to get your trait back

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines

Id like to throw out a slow forceball right after a MB Phantom Strike. For additional pressure. When forceball is out, you can rush them down with a little help from the ball. :)

dont play zod if youre new. you need to be able to instant air (unless youre godlike at everything else, ala pig of the hut) and control a weird (but very powerful) trait

i almost always mb phantom strike on hit. You get so much advantage its ridiculous. free trait summon every single time, free iazb slow ball dash in. MB phantom strike is 100x better than mb zod charge as a combo ender (you dont get nearly as much frame advantage)

AK Pig Of The Hut NY_Jailhouse would you still spend the 2nd bar to MB Phantom Strike if you've already spent the meter for Lazer MB?
if the trait regenerated during your combo and you can summon him for free if you MB phantom strike i almost always go ahead and spend the second meter.

edit:
the trait is really what brings him into tournament viable territory. without it hes an ok character with some ok tools. hes too slow.

which is why they have to fix the trait glitch lol. not hvaing access to your trait for a whole match brings a 5-5 match into 3-7 territory for that game. its not fair at all

redeyes

Button Masher
dont play zod if youre new. you need to be able to instant air (unless youre godlike at everything else, ala pig of the hut) and control a weird (but very powerful) trait

i almost always mb phantom strike on hit. You get so much advantage its ridiculous. free trait summon every single time, free iazb slow ball dash in. MB phantom strike is 100x better than mb zod charge as a combo ender (you dont get nearly as much frame advantage)

you forgot the part of how its cooler when theyre in the little phantom zone box thingy.

I actually agree with you that a new player shouldn't pick up Zod, he is very complicated and technical. Fortunately I am not new, been playing fighting games longer than everyone on this forum.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast

I'm pretty sure that in long combos, MB phantom strike does more damage than MB zod charge too, because it scales less for some reason.

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
Full screen trait activation w/1 bar= auto combo and here's why.

Once trait is out, Meter burn far ground lazer. They have 2 options
1.) Block the Trait by standing (Named mine Bam Bam), and get hit with lazer.
2.) Jump and avoid lazer, and get grabbed out of the air.

Also, while lazer is out, you can still use your Trait (Bam Bam)

If they get hit by lazer, you can grab them with trait.
If they jump, you can grab them with trait.

Each scenario leaving them vulnerable to a b3 combo.

Full screen trait activation w/1 bar= auto combo and here's why.

Once trait is out, Meter burn far ground lazer. They have 2 options
1.) Block the Trait by standing (Named mine Bam Bam), and get hit with lazer.
2.) Jump and avoid lazer, and get grabbed out of the air.

Also, while lazer is out, you can still use your Trait (Bam Bam)

If they get hit by lazer, you can grab them with trait.
If they jump, you can grab them with trait.

Each scenario leaving them vulnerable to a b3 combo.
I gotta start doing this ASAP

its not as simple as hes making it seem.. the way to block against him from full screen is standblock, reaction block low.
also when youre lazering they can jump and all you can do is swipe which is no big deal to get hit by

lazer also wont reach FULL full screen

PTG Slayer

Behold! The GOD of War!
its not as simple as hes making it seem.. the way to block against him from full screen is standblock, reaction block low.
also when youre lazering they can jump and all you can do is swipe which is no big deal to get hit by

lazer also wont reach FULL full screen
You can swipe and grab while lazering, there is no way to guard against that combo full screen.

The explosion does reach full screen. lol, been doing it since he's been released.