What's new

Happy One Year Anniversary to MKX

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
MKX came out one year ago today. Happy first year anniversary to what I think is one of the greatest game in the series, probably Top 5 for me. I like pretty much everything about this game, except the large number of guest characters. I think it has some of the deepest gameplay mechanics in the history of MK, thanks in large part to the Variations system. It's also probably the most balanced competitive MK game to date. Graphics and animations are also top notch, as is the story and characters.

Good job NRS and thank you for another great entry into our beloved franchise!

Last edited:

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I thought if it were to be celebrated, April 7th would be the day, since most got it that day

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I have an awful lot of memories tied to Mortal Kombat. It's kind of insane when I think about it. I've had a lot of great times in my life over the years with all sorts of different Mortal Kombat games. I think it's safe to say this is my favorite game series.

Happy birthday, MKX!

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
It's been a love-hate relationship with this game. There's been days where I feel like retiring from the game for good but at the end of the day, I've been coming back time and time again!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
MKX, MK2, MK9 and MK Deception are all the nearest to my heart... all hard to separate for me! :D

Happy Birthday MKX
Add MK1 to that list and you pretty much have my Top 5 MK games of all time, in no particular order. Although I think MK Deadly Alliance should be up there somewhere as well.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
MKXL specifically is one of my favorite games of all time, at the moment I'm playing it more than SFV (and I consider myself a SF player first)
So much fun.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Happy Birthday to MK X, my favorite MK game yet. Also it's my 1 year anniversary with my boy Shinnok.

MKX brought:
+ The adorable duo of Ferra & Torr; whom are still slept on because of their niche nature.
+ My one true main: Jason Voorhees.
+ My alt-since-forever from MK9: Cyber Sub-Zero, complete with a gimmicks-incarnate gameplan just like in MK9 + Noob Saibot's low damage.
+ Extraordinary sound design. Close your eyes and listen to the various in-game sounds with headphones.
+ Fantastic character designs.

+ Variations!
+ Brutalities.
+ Smooth-looking animations and combos.
+ The return of the run mechanic, (thanks to the silly-looking dash-blocking from MK9.)
+ Blockable interactables!
+ The destruction of WBIE's reputation on the PC platform (alongside Arkham Knight.)
+ The realization that guests are here to stay. (NRS, please add Terminator in MK11, and Neo in Injustice 2.)
+ WAIT, FOUR GUEST CHARACTERS?!
+ Earthrealm Teen Titans, Go!
+ After MK9's sexual appeal (the women's outfits and shapes, the 'roided out males,) we have reasonable outfits all around, body shapes and roid rage in males. (Erron Black's alt, tho.)

+ Character introduction dialogue.
+ Features the first female protagonist
+ Includes the (technically) first African-American female. (Now let's hope the concept art is indicative of character development in MK11.)
+ Sonya's character development has reached its peak.
+ Kotal Kahn and his crew are all awesome.
+ Shinnok was like a clown in MK4, now a respectable troll in MKX. #D4xxSparks
+ + Not in Story Mode, though. #GotCAGED
+ Please just rework Kenshi as a non-zoner in MK11.
+ + Balanced variation (a.k.a. Normalized variation)-related issues aside, he's aesthetically awesome.
+ Poor SaltShaker's torment. Paulo, plz.
+ More Sub-Zero issues and more Scorpion costumes.
+ Tremor's redemption from MK: Special Forces.
+ Triborg.
+ Return of hitbox inconsistencies between costumes. They're hilarious.
+ Reptile can speak again.
+ #Punchwalk
+ + Punchwalk on block~EX Punchwalk on block~EX Punchwalk on block~EX Punchwalk. The ride never ends!
+ A bunch of other things, like Kung Lao's Quarrels!

I'm not as into MKX like I was with MK9, but I still had/have a good time. I play these things for fun. There is no point to playing video games if you're not having fun. MK supplies it plentifully for me!

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
top 3 mk games for sure, deadly alliance and deception have so much nostalgia for me, but maybe in 10 years mkx will feel the same.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Damn.. I remember watching the trailers and lifestreams during high school with my friends. We were all so hyped and the game definitely lived up to my exception. Happy Birthday MKX!