What's new

Ha! I saw that coming! (well sorta) - The Kenshi Reflect Guide

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Post all of your findings with reflect in here, I'll update OP

If Nightwolf gets one, so does our blind samurai!

EDIT:

EX Reflect
Scorpions Spear

Reflect
Quan Chi's Skull both of them
Strykers gun
Noobs shadow tackle (awesome btw), and shadow slide, not up shadow though
All of Shangs fireballs
All of Kung Laos hats!
Reptiles Ball (all speeds) and spit
All of sindels fireballs
Cyrax's net and EX shredder blade thing
Sektor's Missles, even the EX
All of jade's boomerangs
Skarlett's bloodball and knives
Ermac's fireball
Kabals' gas ball, but not low saw

NINJA EDIT:
Kenshi's hitbox is small enough to duck under SOME projectiles when reflecting. (i.e. Scorpions' spear)

More to come.....

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
I don't have kenshi yet, sad xbox owner here lol...but I will be sure to test these out as well, and nice thread name by the way, humor is always a good way to start. :p

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I heard it reflects low hats? Really? Because fuck hat-tier.

Does it also reflect Kabal's grindwheel? Kitana's fans? Shadow tackle?

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
So far all I know it reflects Goro's fireball and Shao Kahn's spear.

(lol I'm playing ladder for ending)

EDIT: With a combination of his reflect and tele-furry, Kenshi will dominate projectile battles

Zebster

How's my volume?

EDIT: With a combination of his reflect and tele-furry, Kenshi will dominate all projectile battles
Gotta check Stryker's gunshot before you can say that.

Reflects low hats, Jade's low boomerang (her recovery makes her unable to avoid it coming back at her too!) and Sindel's low fireballs. Not sure about Kang, forgot to test his low fireballs but all signs would point to those being reflected too.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I would sincerely hope that the hitbox for the reflect doesn't extend to Kenshi's taint, lest he forever scratch those itches upon Shang Tsung's goatee.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
His ex release absorbs the hit and gives him life. Just saying.

Delriach

Sindelly

EDIT: With a combination of his reflect and tele-furry, Kenshi will dominate projectile battles
I don't think Sindel will have too many problems if she engages in a fireball war. Tele-flurry only hits if she's not crouching. She could just low fireball under it and play it safe. If he reflects the fireball she still has time to jump on reaction and do another one.

I can see it being a stalemate for a little bit but I think Sindel can still overwhelm him quite easily. I noticed that Tele-flurry will sometimes whiff Sindel even when she does a standing fireball. It doesn't happen all the time, but it was reliable enough to get a damage advantage.

Even if Kenshi does an X-ray on reaction to a fireball, Sindel still has time to block it. It seemed that way for me at least. With the limits of training mode, it's difficult to test consistently.

I think he'll fare better than the likes of Nightwolf since Kenshi's reflect animation has less recovery time. It won't be as easy to just bait out.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I don't think Sindel will have too many problems if she engages in a fireball war. Tele-flurry only hits if she's not crouching. She could just low fireball under it and play it safe. If he reflects the fireball she still has time to jump on reaction and do another one.

I can see it being a stalemate for a little bit but I think Sindel can still overwhelm him quite easily. I noticed that Tele-flurry will sometimes whiff Sindel even when she does a standing fireball. It doesn't happen all the time, but it was reliable enough to get a damage advantage.

Even if Kenshi does an X-ray on reaction to a fireball, Sindel still has time to block it. It seemed that way for me at least. With the limits of training mode, it's difficult to test consistently.

I think he'll fare better than the likes of Nightwolf since Kenshi's reflect animation has less recovery time. It won't be as easy to just bait out.
If low fireball is reflected, Sindel can't avoid it. Any other she has time to block/avoid it.

Delriach

Sindelly
If low fireball is reflected, Sindel can't avoid it. Any other she has time to block/avoid it.
Are you sure about that?

Sindel can jump the low fireball rather easily from what I just tested now. She could then just do an air fireball afterward. The situation will somewhat change depending on what Kenshi does. If he reflects, she can just keep up with another fireball as long as she doesn't jump. If he does the tele-flurry, it might hit her right as she shoots another fireball. That's what I've seen happen in my matches so far.

If Kenshi reflects her air fireball, Sindel can't jump until it's off screen (varies depending on how high she was). Instant air fireballs are a bit more dangerous.

She can just duck a reflected standing fireball. Or she can just do a low fireball if you're quick enough.

All of this is assuming full screen distance btw, which is where Sindel usually wants to be. Obviously things will be different when up close.

Kwon

---->----
Subs Iceball and Rains WaterOrb should be shattered/evaporated and not reflected i assume?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Subs Iceball and Rains WaterOrb should be shattered/evaporated and not reflected i assume?
Would be sweet, but alas,
Subs ice ball is indeed reflected.

This threads name is total win BTW.

-b_s- :headbang:

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Wow, talk about garbage. This sword reflect gets everything. Is there a projectile in the game that it DOES NOT reflect?

Wow, talk about garbage. This sword reflect gets everything. Is there a projectile in the game that it DOES NOT reflect?
itseems to reflect the same stuff as nightwolf actually just a few differences

i'll do some testing later on the :en version to see what gets stopped by that.

:en stops everything the original does awell as:

stops kabal's saw while the basic version doesn't
both versions work on sub zeros ice ball but not the beam
neither stop ground attacks like bombs, hellfire, and smoke ball
both versions stop strykers gun and grenades

that's what i've found so far but other than that this thing seems un stoppable if your timing is right.

Jericho

The most complete fighter
I just tried it out and you can in fact also reflect Kitana's X-ray, normal and Enhanced fans as well.

You guys, forget the tele-fury, it's not all that great. Yes the range is phenomenal, and it does 9%, but it can be ducked, blocked, and jumped easily, doesn't have much knock back if any, or block stun, and you can get yourself punished if they're even mid range and you aren't careful. The down sword is where it's at. You can chain them together fast, it covers jumps, it has block stun and knock back, and in combination the downswords cover the entire screen. If I was trying to outzone sindel, I would use tele-fury as a bait for the down sword. If she jumps "SIT DOWN!" and if she crouches I THINK it's an overhead. Even if it's not, thats chip damage and block stun, and it'll give you enough time to prepare for the reflect.

EDIT: Also, what happens when you reflect an xray?

EDIT2: I checked earlier, and yeah, the skysword or whatever it is definitely is an overhead. Punishes jumps, punishes crouches. If anything that just means you can mix in telefury once you have them standing. Still would just go with swords though..

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Question how fast does the projectile come back and whats his recovery? Can I still TU on reaction if my straight missle gets reflected which kratos's shitty reflect does lol?

Strykers bombs/grenades can be reflected; they will travel in the same arc he throws them back at him.

EDIT:
Mileena's sais can be reflected including her EX version.

Nightwolf's arrow can be reflected. His EX arrows can also be reflected and interestingly they will travel in the same path they come at Kenshi. They go from a outward cone (coming FROM Nightwolf) to an inward cone (going TO Nightwolf). At further distances the top most arrow whiffs and isn't reflected at all.

Raiden's electric ball can be reflected and so can his EX electric ball. During his EX electric ball the second projectile that comes from behind will be reflected also and travel backwards but WILL NOT go back through the screen to hit Raiden. It simply travels off screen.

Just for fun - Goro's green fireball, Kintaro's straight fireball and Shao Kahn's green spear can all be reflected. Too bad you cant reflect his hammer :D

We really need a record function, I have to use two controllers at once to try this stuff out...