What's new

GVN 6 Winter Brawl Shoutouts

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Then hell maybe I took things all the wrong way and have been sour for nothing, I can be a sensitive person *that time of the month.
Hopefully that experience changes him like it does most online players, but I agree with your previous statements. Hopefully we see KevoAman from now on.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
This was my first MK tournament since deciding to pick up the game after seeing all the fun going on in the MK room at NEC. I had an absolute blast and it was cool to meet everyone.

Mikemetroid Awesome to finally meet in real life. It’s a shame we never had time to session, but we’ll do it next tournament, and I’ll be an even stronger player then. I hope we’re all still playin’ this game in a few years so we can do our Tequila Shot Matches. HOOOOOOOOO!

PimpUigi Great showing. With no magical uppercuts to hold you back, you put on a good showing. =P

SwiftTomHanks It was nice to meet you and talk some MK between your matches and running of the brackets. Busy guy. The best Sektor in the business for sure.

OneBoxyRobot For some reason, from your posting style, I expected you to be a gigantic dude… basically I pictured Big E. I dunno why hahaha. It was fun hanging out. Sucks we didn’t get to play a set. Next time.

Hitoshura Nice seeing you again man. I have Hito’s friendliness to thank for getting me into the MK scene at all. At NEC, he sat down with my girlfriend and I and did his best to explain the Noob matchup. I thought, hell, if people here are this cool and welcoming, maybe I should check this community out!

MK Peanuts You played like a champ man. Definitely put on a great show. Can’t wait to see that stuff again at another tournament.

zaf I’m sad we didn’t get to sit around more and talk some Ermac in real life, considering how much we get to chat on the forums. Great watching you play though.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Almost forgot!...

DanCock Fun Ermac/Sindel set! You're the first real Sindel player I've ever played, and it was a really fun matchup. Great mindgames between fireball damage trades, levitation fakes on both our parts, and teleport reads. I could've played that matchup for another hour.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Shoutouts to Josh the Funkdoc and his friend for walking in our room, talking to no one, and falling asleep.
Holy shit, I remember almost stepping on someone because I had no idea he was there when I was saying goodbye to everyone lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Here's a few shoutouts from WB6...

Shock, 9.95, Thanks for getting the MK scene together as always. Nice of you guys to allow MK2 to be streamed live and even better to allow myself and btbb99 to commentate on the matches weren't playing. That alone made my trip across country worth all the money I poured into coming out there. Next time make sure I get in on UMK3. I was looking forward to playing that (even though I would have gotten spanked.)

AC1984 Nice to see you again and great job in UMK3. Sorry I didn't get to see the bulk of the UMK3 tourney as I was sleeping most of Saturday.

btbb99 What more can I say? The champ is here! You're the MK2 king until someone can dethrone you. I don't know if I'll be back out in Philly anytime soon, but who knows what life will bring down the road. Nice to meet and hang out with your family, too.

summoning King of the combos. Fantastic matches all weekend and you had the highlight of the tournament with two aaRH's on a Mileena tele-kick. The Liu Kang VS Kung Lao matchups we have never cease to amaze and exhaust me. Like I told Brian, I don't know the next time I'll be able to make it back out there. Hopefully sooner than later.

AREZ God of War Nice to finally meet you and put a face to a name. Thanks for hooking me up with the P2P info. I'll try to get it setup so I can play people online more often and get my chops up some more.

Rin Andrechentov

"There is no knowledge that is not power"
Well since WB VI was indeed my first tournament with the community, I would sincerily like to thank everyone there for the great matches and an incredible weekend! I started playing Umk3 almost a year ago, and I was happy to see with my own EYES that the Umk3/Mk2 scene is thriving with such dedicated players.

And now it's time for shoutouts:

AREZ God of War: Thanks once again Eric for all the hardcore training leading up to my first tournament. You made the weekend one that I won't forget and because of that I intend on continuing to travel to tournaments to work on my game......CHEEP DAMAGE and yes I am your 'apprentice' bahaha

AC1984: Simon.....good shit dude. Your Kano tips helped alot from when I first met you at my arcade, to the tournament, and so on. Everytime I play you I feel like I have a shit-ton to learn and it keeps me going. Thanks again!

summoning: You completely changed the way I view Cyrax....and you play him with such finesse. 100% bomb combos are ridiculous dude. Great Cyrax, holy crap lol. I also would like to say that thanks to the casuals we played in Mk2, Im gunna work on my game like I used to forever ago. Thanks for the revitalization of my Mk2 game.....and of course being 'Brown'

Shock: Good games man! Your Reptile really is something else.....I really appreciate you taking the time when you had the chance to play me in casuals because as i had stated, I dont get to play many good Reptiles on a regualar basis -_-" And seeing you go up against LiJoe was an awesome match! Good shit!

@Vulcan: Chad with the little time you had to prepare for the tournament, you did pretty good! After the casuals you played with Shock, your USub got WAYYY BETTER over the course of only approx. 11 matches! I hope to see you again for SJ

@Half-Baked: Rodney you picked up the game literally OVERNIGHT and your Robo got pretty sick! Good shit man!

CRAZY DOMINICAN: If we play casuals at another tourney hopefully there wont be anymore pad bs lol Good matches even though we didnt get to play in tournament. Your Kitana is a FORCE legit.

REO: Congrats on the umk3 win! and taking 2nd at Mk9. Your Kabal set a standard on both mediums.

Thanks again to all the Umk3 Players for making my first tournament fuckin EPIC hope to see you all at summerjam!

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
shoutouts to all , Shock , Phil all the streamers and the gear we haul everywhere
all the helpers mario, andrew, pherleece

DCI for coming from reno to play our kung/kang matches, BTB for beating me as always

New umk3 guys it was fun! see you at east coast throwdown 4 before summer jam:)

all my vsm crew, CD bros etc:)

and lots of beer and mkII !

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
pherleece is the man.

I hate being beat for a computer right now. Soooo much to say.
At least I can troll from work.

Sushi is my hero. She is the beer fairy.

Long story short...I'm making Top 8 at ECT.
No if's. No and's. No but's.
No more Mr. Nice Box. No way.
The time of talk and praying for a passable performance is over.
Taking off from MK until April. Going back to the Home Of Box in Maple Shade.
At which point I'll have a PS3 AND 360 at my disposal, along with a hardline connection.
Re-organizing my roster. Dropping and picking up accordingly.
NEVER GIVING UP ON SUB-ZERO.
WHY IN GOD'S NAME DIDN'T I PLAY HIM AGAINST Shady ?!?!
One of the ONLY lopsided matchups I tend to do well in, and I didn't fucking go blue.
No more regrets. No more mistakes. No more holding myself back because "I cant beat this guy," or "I'll never be able to move or mixup like that guy."
No. I got eaten by Raiden my first time ever on stream, and my innocence died.
Now I rise from the ashes. Now I put on my fucking armor.
Now the world of Kombat will see what happens when the Son Of Oleanders really puts his fucking mind to work.
You want the real deal? IM GONNA FUCKING GIVE IT TO YOU.

Shoutouts later. Truth time now.
East Coast Throwdown.
You're gonna see a brand new Box.
And he's fucking coming for everyone.

(Love you guys :D)

Shady

Noob
pherleece is the man.

At which point I'll have a PS3 AND 360 at my disposal, along with a hardline connection.
One of the ONLY lopsided matchups I tend to do well in, and I didn't fucking go blue.
No more regrets. No more mistakes. No more holding myself back because "I cant beat this guy," or "I'll never be able to move or mixup like that guy."
Now the world of Kombat will see what happens when the Son Of Oleanders really puts his fucking mind to work.

East Coast Throwdown.

Approve.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
pherleece is the man.

East Coast Throwdown.

Maple shade new jersey?

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I was waiting for my tag change so apologies for the lateness so here it goes (this was Ernovaku btw lol).

9.95 Shock summoning thx again for a very well run and organized tourny. None of us can say enough about what you guys do for the scene.

SwiftTomHanks thank you for accommodating my cdn bros, helping run the brackets and just being overall cool. Very good shit on making top 16 and always look forward to seeing u again.

Mikemetroid good seeing u again man. Both our tourny matches came down to the wire, so its no surprise it was 1-1. I woulda been surprised if one of us 2-0'd the other, tho it would ve been painstakingly close either way. Ur a good player and cool dude and look forward to playing u again.

PimpUigi it was cool seeing u again even tho u didnt remember lol. I def liked the Picasso tag but I decided to go with something close to my surname. It felt like I saw u for the most of the weekend and it was good to hang out with u. Until next time.

KT Smith Thx for the advice on Smoke. Ever since I played you at NEC youve really opened my eyes to the char and have alot of respect for you as a player and a smoke contributor. I will do my best to represent the grey cloud here north of the border as an alternate. Good shit again on beating Russel.

J360 man I feel silly for not initially recognizing you as THE PERFECT CIRCLE from MvC2 fame. It's a great pleasure to talk to you this time and talk a little about MvC2 history with "the ironguy" himself. It;s a big deal for someone like u to not only play this game but innovate Cyblax and CyberSub as much as u have and your always a pleasure to watch play in tournies. Hope u did indeed pickup KOF after all. Til next time.

Maxter Man u are as cool as u are talented at this game. Thank you so much for being cool with me and trying to teach me more about how this game TRULY works on a high level. Sometimes I have my gripes with the game but after seeing how u and ur bros understand the game better than any1 else I feel like I get the game much more now than I already thought I did. It was pleasure talking with you and honor to get blown up by you and will do my best to be more of a challenge next time. ;)

CRAZY DOMINICAN I finally got to play you in casuals Sunday night and it was awesome. As a Kitana player Ive always been a big fan of yours and getting beat by a REAL high level Kitana like yourself was a great learning experience. Thx for the tips (including the bablity ones lol) and def look forward to seeing u again.

CONTD...