What's new

GUTS 2012 MK9 Tournament Results (Somerville, MA)

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
1st CptXecution (Kenshi)
2nd Deftonesrc (Skarlet)
3rd EMP Blood Red (Liu Kang, Sektor, Sub-Zero)
4th N0rdicNinja (Nightwolf)
T5th CRUM (Johnny Cage)
T5TH Dramatica (Sektor)

About 11 entrants? I think.

Bad timing with Seasons Beatings the same weekend but it was fun meeting some of the local guys. Credit to deftonesrc for playing a great Skarlet in his first offline tourney and the rest of the participants.

Game Underground will be looking to do this twice a year, so keep your eye out!

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Da hell...? Lol nah seriously congrats on the win, i'll be checking out the archives later for sure!
:) I have gone to the dark side, expect a lot of sloppiness in the beginning, we got no casuals not to mention, casual set ups had NO DLC. Hence the big shout out to deftones for hanging in there with Skarlet, he really started to get it over time.

CRUM

Noob
I had a blast hanging with you guys. Hopefully we can do something like that more often. Gave a ton of shoutouts on commentary to GGA and KH and such. Next time ill be ready and willing. Also shoutouts to my hype ass commentary :p

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
My breakdown of the tournament:

CRUM, when we played, I had the distinct feeling you did not know what to do against my moves. And when you did block my offense, you never really frame trapped me to the point where I was unable to read out of it. Still, you did push me quite a bit. I had a great time in casuals with you afterward. That rain/cage matchup is a blast!

CptXecution, I feel like I was let down by having to fight Kenshi =) lol, im just kidding, you were a lot of fun because you challenged me the most. I appreciate the advice after my matches, its a sign of a true competitor. You are right man, I never fully got comfortable with playing on the monitors and/or offline. It didnt help that we couldnt get any casuals before. So my first match was literally all learning how to adjust. Its a miracle I won that! By the time we fought, I was feeling a lot more comfortable, but I need to get used to playing offline. Then I could take on that kenshi with a lot more success I think. Very good games, and lets get some casuals in soon.

pickle keeper, it was awesome doing commentary with you! I'm not convinced you are 16, you seem a lot more mature than that =)

Dramatica, chemical engineering ftw! But electrical is better =) lol, it was cool to meet you bro. I'm glad you made the trip! Next time we see each other, you will only have to drive half the distance, I promise!

CRUM

Noob
We were the smallest amount of entrants but it was awesome overall. I got a true feel for some offline play and cannot wait for the tournament in spring.

Deftonesrc

Thanks guys, but seriously, huge shout outs to Pig Of The Hut, I've been watching lots of match footage on how to ACTUALLY play Kenshi. I took his strategies and added some of my own play style and came up with my Kenshi.

I hope to see you all again soon, this was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next one.
Capt. freedom? :)

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Had a great time at GUTS, def a great tournament experience! Sorry I was unable to hang around as much as I should have, was trying to jump back and forth between 2 games at the same time and I was rooming with the owner of FreeStepDodge, which is why I spent the few hours before the tourney on the DoA side.

Was nice meeting everyone though! Congrats on the win CptXecution! You're a quality dude, much respect.

Deftonesrc

Had a great time at GUTS, def a great tournament experience! Sorry I was unable to hang around as much as I should have, was trying to jump back and forth between 2 games at the same time and I was rooming with the owner of FreeStepDodge, which is why I spent the few hours before the tourney on the DoA side.

Was nice meeting everyone though! Congrats on the win CptXecution! You're a quality dude, much respect.
yeah, it was cool even though I didnt get to play you =( Did you stick around for winners/losers/grand finals?

If not, I will have the videos up on TYM soon

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

Thanks man! Glad you could make it out and support MK. What you're doing with MAK is great, I hope to make it down to an event one of these days!