What's new

Video/Tutorial Green Lantern OTG Tech Videos by Marvaz

Marvaz

come at me
Marvaz presents a series of OTG tech videos for Green Lantern, all of which utilize a certain just-frame window off the knockdown from the MB Lantern's Might special attack. You may recall how the standing 2 OTG set-up was discussed by Kyle Rayner in the Green Lantern forums, and while Marvaz includes that set-up in his videos he has also shown other options such as the jump-2, b1, and so on. Check out these recordings and see how well you can use what you learn to improve your rushdown options with Green Lantern!

Keep in mind, these are captured with a video camera, so the quality will be different from what you are used to. Credits and thanks to Marvaz along with the rest of the Green Lantern forum's contributors, for it is because of them that players will have a ton of things to build on when learning the character! :)

Article edited by GamerBlake90.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.

the standing 2 OTG was found but i never personally seen the j2 do that before. as for that play style, yeah thats pretty much how the best green lanterns play, i play one of the best GL's everyday and he has even more tricks up his sleeve using all of this stuff.

BTW first video is private.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
What's even crazier is I just found you can do it with j3 even off of the normal bnb of b13 xx lift, 223, en lift, and the same situation but with more frame advantage to run the b1/f3 mixup. Tested it against myself just to be sure, and no, nothing. No wakeups alllowwedd....good job, Marvaz! :)

EDIT: Oh, see you said j3. Nvm then!

Marvaz

come at me
What's even crazier is I just found you can do it with j3 even off of the normal bnb of b13 xx lift, 223, en lift, and the same situation but with more frame advantage to run the b1/f3 mixup. Tested it against myself just to be sure, and no, nothing. No wakeups alllowwedd....good job, Marvaz! :)

EDIT: Oh, see you said j3. Nvm then!

Hippo.... rewatch the first vid VERY closely as well lol. I have 3 other videos I have yet to upload with j3 as the otg.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Lol is it the date I'm supposed to see? Regardless, it still works now as of 1.0...whatever the fuck we're on

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Im not sure if the timing is easier but I seem to be to be able to OTG much more consistently with the j2 than the standing 2

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
So, are you saying this is an unblockable reset?

It is not unblockable, just the kind of set-up that immediately forces you back onto your feet, denying you the chance to Wake-Up. You will still be able to block as long as you are blocking in the right direction.