What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I like to end combos in trait sometimes. I like to do b13, LM MB, b3, j3, 223, trait, gatling gun. or end the combo with rocketpower if they get up fast. That combo I use for characater like grundy and nw you want to keep them away. end with meter burn gatling gun for extra pushback and chip.

Is that LM MB vortex OTG tech in here? That shit is pretty nice

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I like to end combos in trait sometimes. I like to do b13, LM MB, b3, j3, 223, trait, gatling gun. or end the combo with rocketpower if they get up fast. That combo I use for characater like grundy and nw you want to keep them away. end with meter burn gatling gun for extra pushback and chip.

so... you like to end combos in trait? :confused:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

I think we got it the first five times... lol...

chores

bad at things
Well im at work but if i remember correctly just doing:

b13 t LM 223 LMMB = 29%

so dashing under and combining that w Bibulus 'ring active' zero meter combo:

f3 ji2 123 LM 223 LM = 37%

so 66% for one bar? only problem is trait might run out, im not at home to test

I'll be adding the vortex setups tonight. And I'll add what you mentioned as well.

b13 t LM 223 LMMB = 29%

It will not run out by the time you need it. Every vortex set up that includes Trait like you mentioned gives you plenty of time to follow up with the second combo.

wassup, I made this combo video for GL, I'm actually a nightwing player but started messing around with lantern a few days ago so yeah here take it, I don't even know if it belongs in here but couldn't find another combo thread

Tortonon

YOLO is power
I take some days off, and we are Green Vortex Corps now? Wow, this is so sick!

And we got no nerfs on tomorrow's patch! Yeaaaaaaahhh!

Wow so many of those were not even close to optimized.
F3, j3-delayed, b13, trait cancel lantern might, 223, lantern might. 34% No meter
J3, b23, oa rocket ex, b23, lantern might ex, b3, 223, lantern might. 52% 2m
B3, j2-delayed, j2, b13, lantern's might ex, j2, 223. mid screen carry version. 1m
Same input to b13 as above, trait cancel lantern might, 223 lantern might. 34% no meter.
Plenty more that is just to name a few of them.

I almost feel g.l is broken sometimes, two types of oki traps, 5 different options, and the only flaw is batman and certain characters with life lead. (Cough cough, raven and Harley) uncough

b13 t LM 223 LMMB = 29%

If you dash under f3, j3, b13 , LM you can keep the combo going. Meter burn LM into 223 turbine for some very nasty results for the opponent. He is basically 100% 2m. 25% of the times I connect.

F3, j3-delayed, b13, trait cancel lantern might, 223, lantern might. 34% No meter
B3, j2-delayed, j2, b13, lantern's might ex, j2, 223. mid screen carry version. 1m
Same input to b13 as above, trait cancel lantern might, 223 lantern might. 34% no meter.
uhm...should I even reply to this?

PwnStar

Noob
More consistent 2meter b13 combo:

b13 t LM 22 ORMB b23 LMMB b3 b13 LM - 42% (49% w/ ji 3)

1% less damage, but i feel it's worth it. I was dropping the other one a lot and couldn't get 223 after b3 to ever hit on batgirl.

Reactions: Dan
Here recently against players that has seen the cross under after LM MB they tend to guess right on the low high mixup. So here lately I have been having success pausing for a split second after the LM MB and then dash to stay on the same side. This can be a mixup in itself.

chores

bad at things
Here recently against players that has seen the cross under after LM MB they tend to guess right on the low high mixup. So here lately I have been having success pausing for a split second after the LM MB and then dash to stay on the same side. This can be a mixup in itself.
sometimes throwing in a grab can catchthem

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
For those who like Fortress of Solitude (My fav stage with GL aside from Hall of Justice: Great Hall)

Here's a simple 51% 1 bar from the space ship bounce. Inspired by Check 's combo video.

Feel free to blow me up if this was already posted or there's a better alternative as I am too lazy to read 14 pages of this thread. #YoloIsPower

EDIT: inputs are: Interactable , NJ3 , JI2 , 2 x Interactable , J2 (reverse position) , 223 x LM MB , B3 , 12(let the 2nd hit of 2 finish) x LM

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
So I realized how stupid GL's whiff punish game is with the Graashi combos. What I think we should be getting into muscle memory is whiff punishing with b1 xx MB OR. This will lead to the exact same combo as any other grounded OR scenario.

This also ups GL's sweep distance punish capabilities. This character officially HURTS.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Do me a favor, go to practice mode and let me know how many times out of 10 you hit f3 into j3 b13 while the opponent if crouching...
another favor do the combo b3 j3 123 LM MB j2 223 and tell me how much that combo is and let ME know what's optimized.

one Of my friends said that was supposed to be going for pure damage lol. I would have corrected it later otherwise my bad. Consistent f3 combo is f3 , d2, j2, b13, trait cancel LM, 223 , all that other option good stuff on cross up. I apologize didn't mean to come across as insulting, thought it was again for possible damage maximization, next time I will read the references, and BTW can g.l pass 60% damage no interactive 3 meters, that is my breaking point that I can actually do consistently off a cross up j3
As for the answers to your question, I do f3 into j3 into b13 when I want damage and am not trying to waste the clock away and do it consistent 10 for 10 may mess up out of a hundred.
And your combo is 40%, that 1m version I made is for carrying your opponent across the screen for corner mixups.
If you want more damage do b3, j3, b23, oa rocket ex, b23 , lantern's might. For 41% hope that helped, do what's most comfortable mid match

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
I main GL and Superman,question is.....is there a BnB that Hal can consistently do that touches that good ol 50% for 2 meters at the most?? Of course 1 meter preferrably but if I have to spend two I want that 50,or is going for the Jailhouse reset the best option for more damage and conserving meter at this point?? Let me know folks,I'm new to the site and the forums but damn is it awesome.Haha.Thanx

chores

bad at things
I main GL and Superman,question is.....is there a BnB that Hal can consistently do that touches that good ol 50% for 2 meters at the most?? Of course 1 meter preferrably but if I have to spend two I want that 50,or is going for the Jailhouse reset the best option for more damage and conserving meter at this point?? Let me know folks,I'm new to the site and the forums but damn is it awesome.Haha.Thanx

JI2 B23, OR MB, NJ2, 123, LM MB, B3, B13, LM
51% Two bars. No Trait
Credit: @Ulturas

JI3, B23, OR MB, 123, LM MB, B3, B13, LM
52% Two bars.