What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

Green Lantern must be an exception to the rule, because as I'm sure you're aware, most people that make combo threads put JI1, JI2, JI3, to make there damage look more appealing, when in reality, jump ins aren't the way you're going to be opening up you're opponent the majority of the time.

Green Lantern must be an exception to the rule, because as I'm sure you're aware, most people that make combo threads put JI1, JI2, JI3, to make there damage look more appealing, when in reality, jump ins aren't the way you're going to be opening up you're opponent the majority of the time.
This is true. In a game like MK putting JI attacks are pretty useless. Since this game has a back to block system cross ups are always a threat so all characters can start a combo from JI whatever. GL especially because he jumps alot, compared to other characters.

Bibulus

Noob
I understand that, but I take offense to someone caling what I do not practical or misleading.
How about when I say this thread is so bad it's an insult to the TYM forums. You flat out ignore many combo starters and that's a disservice to the community. How are you gonna make this the GL combo thread and not use all the starters that aren't jump ins?

I get where you say cross ups are necessary and there are times where you need different combos for different jump ins... But your whole list of combos is for jump ins and not for standing hits. What part of playing GL makes you think you should COMPLETELY IGNORE COMBOS FROM LIFT AND MB OR ?

List updated.

Keep in mind the ones I left were the best options in each given starter.

And if you wish to see what the damages are without the jump in attacks, then go to practice mode and find out. My list will always include them to show maximum damage from each starter. (Each combo with a JI2 starter will also combo without it for around 3% less damage)

Bibulus
These are on my list in the AA section. They also work if the opponent is standing.......
LM MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM
32% One bar.

LM MB, B3, JI2, 22, OR MB, 223, LM
40% Two bars.

And I made a section just for you.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
How about when I say this thread is so bad it's an insult to the TYM forums. You flat out ignore many combo starters and that's a disservice to the community. How are you gonna make this the GL combo thread and not use all the starters that aren't jump ins?

I get where you say cross ups are necessary and there are times where you need different combos for different jump ins... But your whole list of combos is for jump ins and not for standing hits. What part of playing GL makes you think you should COMPLETELY IGNORE COMBOS FROM LIFT AND MB OR ?
The JI2 could be left off of any combo in the list to make a combo for a standing hit. Who is so thick in the skull that they can't see the jump in is included only to show the maximum damage that could be achieved considering the jump in attack as an added hit should you have the window to land it? The JI3 combos of course need the jump in attack but anyone with a brain should be able to figure out that every combo on the list involving a JI2 would work equally well without it should you land the first hit of it standing. If you wish to drop in and blow people up for contributing please enlighten me as to what you have to offer other than your complaints. Since this thread clearly contains information contributed by the community and not just one person if you felt something needed to be added you could have simply offered it up yourself and it would have been added in.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Welp...there's this thing called a cross up that's pretty important in this game...so having the damage of the combo with a JI attack is pretty valuable to have to see which you should use in the event of a landed JI attack.

GL is jump heavy anyway with a very good JI3. Now if you want to know the damages of the combos without them, then go to practice mode and find out for yourself.

JI3 opens up different options of combos than JI2 or JI1. It's also a great cross up tool. JI2 can also be used as a cross up and both are positive on block it's a great way to begin pressure.

So unless you have something productive to say such as; a new combo, a better way to do a combo that's already posted, etc. then please just read, possibly learn, and move on.
While I agree with most of what you said, GL is not a jump heavy character, if anything he's best at controlling space with the threat of B1, LM, and iaOR..the only time I ever jump is after I've conditioned my opponent to block on wake up after a LM (occasionally), in the corner for a cross up chance or the very rare random jump in.

While I agree with most of what you said, GL is not a jump heavy character, if anything he's best at controlling space with the threat of B1, LM, and iaOR..the only time I ever jump is after I've conditioned my opponent to block on wake up after a LM (occasionally), in the corner for a cross up chance or the very rare random jump in.
I agree with you. Just with the threat of his JI3 being so good as well as his other JI attacks plus his AORs, he gets away with jumping more than some.

Bibulus

Noob
That still doesn't make this sorry excuse for a combo list acceptable. If I want to know the max damage from my jump in, I can find it on your combo list. If I want to see how much extra damage I get from spending more meter based on starter X I can't know what I get from it... Here are some of the questions I want answered when I look at a combo listing and none of them are answered here.

So how do I come up with a meter management strategy based on this data?

How do I know what my max damage is with my trait on cooldown when I land something like b13?

How do I know when it's more beneficial to take 10% off of a clash health regen instead of saving it because I can easily turn that bar into more than 10% damage in a combo?

I don't find any of that out here, if I want to actually know those answers I need to test all of it myself. I hate being such a dick, but I seriously don't think this is a standard we should strive for. It's misleading, because you add a big unscaled hit in the front of everything to get bigger numbers. It changes how everything scales, so you can't use it to determine how much damage gain you get for how much meter. In longer combos this causes you to not take a hit later in the combo, so the combos might not even be what you want to do because of that hit in front.

That still doesn't make this sorry excuse for a combo list acceptable. If I want to know the max damage from my jump in, I can find it on your combo list. If I want to see how much extra damage I get from spending more meter based on starter X I can't know what I get from it... Here are some of the questions I want answered when I look at a combo listing and none of them are answered here.

So how do I come up with a meter management strategy based on this data?

How do I know what my max damage is with my trait on cooldown when I land something like b13?

How do I know when it's more beneficial to take 10% off of a clash health regen instead of saving it because I can easily turn that bar into more than 10% damage in a combo?

I don't find any of that out here, if I want to actually know those answers I need to test all of it myself. I hate being such a dick, but I seriously don't think this is a standard we should strive for. It's misleading, because you add a big unscaled hit in the front of everything to get bigger numbers. It changes how everything scales, so you can't use it to determine how much damage gain you get for how much meter. In longer combos this causes you to not take a hit later in the combo, so the combos might not even be what you want to do because of that hit in front.
Do you not understand the concept of community effort? I don't have all the answers and I will never claim that I do. That's the magic of the "Edit" button on my list. I don't have to the time to come up with EVERYTHING. I don't get paid to do this, I get nothing in return for this except assholes like you coming in here and trashing my thread.

If you have suggestions, why can't you just post them and let me add/change it in the thread like everybody else is doing? Please...help me understand this anti-productive tactic. If you can't treat the people of this community with some respect for the efforts they are contributing with what little spare time we have, then just go back to Soul Calibur.

I'd appreciate help/advice from a player like you, but not at the expense of insulting remarks.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
meterless f3 combo from @EGPwonderchef

F3, J3, b13 (trait cancel if not already active), Lift, 223, Lift

In the neighborhood of 34% depending on when the trait is activated. Highest meterless damage so far?

Gimmick

Noob
hmm why are there no corner combos starting with f3 in the OP? Are the midscreen ones just as practical in the corner?