What's new

Go for Broke Tournament Series: Philly Monthlies - Inj/MKX/9 + more 3/14/15

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to welcome you to what I hope to be a great start to leveling up our northeast area in the FGC. This tournament is the start of many monthlies to come in bringing together the best of the best to help not only level up the areas best, but to also show why the east coast is are serious player/ players in the FGC. I would like everyone to come and enjoy this great event and try to level up your play in the process... It is a true statement that you learn from defeat, so dont be afraid of it embrace the learning experience and ask questions. the point of this series is to LEARN. If this is a new game for you ask questions, or if this is the first time entering a event by all means talk to people. I would like everyone to come out and learn how to compete and get better through competition. This event is made possible by BigE Gaming and n3rd st gamers.

the address is....

908A N3rd St
Philadelphia, PA 19123

here is what the venue looks like to give you guys a idea.
http://devnuts.com/gallery/

The Venue Fee is $10 the games are as followed

Streamed By Team BIFU

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U $10
A. Game Settings
● Stock and time are set to 2 stock and 6 minutes for Singles
● Stock and time are set to 3 stock and 8 minutes for Doubles
● Custom Fighters are set to off
● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii
Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A Mii). No
other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to
transfer existing Miis to a setup.
B. Stage List
Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville
Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64 (Doubles only)
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned,
Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.
C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: The player with port priority strikes one stage from the
Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the
remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won
on during the set

GAMES (Entry Fees & Rules):
Ultra Street Fighter 4: $10
-Played on X-Box 360
-2/3 Double Elimination
-Winners & Losers Finals/Grand Finals: 3/5

Marvel vs Capcom 3: $10
-Played on X-Box 360
-3/5 Double Elimination

Guilty Gear: Xrd: $10
-Played on Playstation 3
-2/3 Double Elimination

Killer Instince $10
- Played on Xbox One
- 2/3 Double Elimination

Streamed by KombatNetwork "Shock"

Injustice: $10
-played on X-Box 360
3/5 throughout
Stage Double Random Select
Loser can double random select

MK9 : $5
- played on X-Box 360
2/3 Pools
3/5 Winners, Losers, Finals
Hell, The Street, Wastelands Banned

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
On a serious note i'll definitely try to make it out to these since they are monthlies especially for MKX, will there be time and set ups to have a good amount of casuals going?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would like to question why Smash 4's Town and City is set to 'counterpick' and not 'starter'
I'll get Kyle in here to answer questions, I just got the thread started for him.
On a serious note i'll definitely try to make it out to these since they are monthlies especially for MKX, will there be time and set ups to have a good amount of casuals going?
More info is coming, he says the place has enough room for 20 setups. He wants to experiment with some attraction concepts. I'm sure he'll shoot for at least 3 stations for MKX once it's out.

Edit: From Kyle:

Comeback said:
Let them know that the smash rules are coming from apex website so im using there rule set. And im just as hype for mkx. When its out i will definitely be hosting it. Times right now are tenetive but 1pm is my goal for a start time for people to show ill post times tomorrow when i work them out

Last edited:
Oh my goooooood, it's easily reachable for me! O_O
I love you guys. Seriously. No homo

Full homo. I fucking love you guys.

*EDIT* BTW, how many people do you expect for GG? Might be able to convince my friend to come around with me if it's a good turnout.

Philly and DE are trying hard for GG....lord knight is a philly guy and i am pretty sure he is comming. I also posted this in the maryland facebook page and they are big into GG down there so im hoping to break 20 people for it. I think that its do able. This will take place bout 2 weeks after winter brawl so ill be expecting more as we get closer

Original post updated

This event is run by Comeback Kyle and supported/streamed in part by KombatNetwork but I am more than willing to take credit for other people's work considering the lack of credit I tend to get for my own! :p
You know your the man stop playing

hey guys idk how many of you play DOA but i added the new one to the tournament list on PS4 last round will be out right before winter brawl and i know final round is doing something big with it as well. just giving everyone a heads up...

Figured I'd give this a little bump for anyone who might not have seen it since it's coming up soon.
I'll be there, hopefully we get a nice little turnout.