What's new

Girl Gamer's and the stuff you put up with online:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I also get some awkward messages because they think im a girl because i have "pink" in tag. Oh well, if u play ranked matches u get hatemail either way if doesnt matter if ur a boy or a girl they will tell u to suck dick anyway

Goldi

Noob
Just to clarify a little; there are "girls" who love spamming the lobby chats and sending their own hatemail with bat shit "girl power" taunts. Although it's highly unlikely they're real, or at least sober, females. They irritate both genders equally.

It's annoying and the online community has been conditioned to dislike overly feminine names because of it. I'm not above shooting down invites from "xxSexKittenxx" myself because "she" is probably trolling and just going to be deliberately rude and salty win or lose. Not saying your gf has a handle that is attention seeking, just plenty of other folk do and people develop an aversion to certain names.

Actually, if I see 69, 420, 666 or whatever is supposed to be badass and edgy in a handle, I'll probably shoot them down too lol. Not because I dislike sex, drugs and devils really, you just start associating (or stereotyping I guess) a specific type of personality to a chosen name.

So, words of wisdom to my fellow ovary owner's;

Don't play randoms unless you're up for desperation, hate, love or downright creepy mail. It's unlikely they will help you level up anyway.

Choose a handle that tells absolutely nothing about you for playing with the randoms I just told you not to :p Don't give them anything to work with, and your mail will be generic or non existent. Much easier to shrug off.

Hit up a MK website and lurk. You'll learn a lot and find cool people that way. Pm them if you would like to play to avoid the "OMG it's a girl on teh interweebs!! GET HER!" if you'd prefer to stay off the radar.

When it becomes obvious you're female (mic, streams, offline tourneys, or just being part of the community for a long time) you should have something of an established support network to vent to. We have the hatemail thread here and a (mostly) compassionate and supportive community on TYM. There are also several active online clans to consider joining for improving your game and making friends.

And finally, I am always available through pms and a confirmed female who has supported the community for years. If any ladies ever have concerns about entering offline tournaments, I don't hesitate to give out my digits and help anyway I can. I'm happy to be your personal GPS, roommate, bar buddy, safety net, scape goat, training partner and anything else that I can help with while you are traveling. I can promise that I will not allow anything nasty to happen to you. I'll gladly be the bad guy, "oh yea, I'd really love to take your big, greasy, smelly ass back to the room, but that bitch Goldy said no visitors. K thanks bye." Lol

You will never have to be alone, or feel out of place at any time when you're competing at the same tourney as me. I will make your comfort and safety my priority if you ask me to. I love the MKC and especially seeing it grow. I'm proud to cultivate that any way I can.

And to clear things up a bit on my end, I think some folks missed the point entirely. I don't care if people have the same view point as me or not, and I'm not saying trolling is exclusive to females. Like I said, I just had an experience where I saw what the fairer sex gets to deal with and wanted to share. No white knighting, none of that. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, and definitely not trying to stir up more drama.

And normally I wouldn't even feel the need to do this, but since it's been brought up a couple of times my lady's tag is Fangirl and some random numbers. I don't view that as attention seeking (but mayhaps I'm merely smitten), and she doesn't do the girly trolling shit, she pretty much plays her games and goes about her business ignoring troll messages and blocking people as I imagine many do. Wasn't trying to defend anyone's honor or anything of the sort, just wanted to say that I get it now.

But thanks everyone for chiming in and sharing your own experiences as well. Nice to see other people's thoughts, but like I said, I think some fellars misconstrued my intentions. No biggy, it happens.

That's all. Anyways ladies and gents, have a nice day.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
No, Curbolicous has the story all wrong and is trying to turn it on me lol. He is the one that has her picture, obviously he is the one talking to her not me. She likes Curbo, she asked me for his number last summer and I said no because I'm tryna help a brotha out. She looks hella bad lmao. But I didn't know Curbo was still talking to her, that's cute

Hey CURBOLICOUS, maybe you and Jencork can come with me and your mom on a double date :)

Vagrant

Noob
No, Curbolicous has the story all wrong and is trying to turn it on me lol. He is the one that has her picture, obviously he is the one talking to her not me. She likes Curbo, she asked me for his number last summer and I said no because I'm tryna help a brotha out. She looks hella bad lmao. But I didn't know Curbo was still talking to her, that's cute :)
DAAAAAMMMMNNNN!!!!!

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm black and I get tons of racist shit thrown my way because people can't handle an asswhooping. It's simple, the words only have power if you let them affect you. Whether pack mentality, sore losing, or because this is how they actually feel, if you don't let the words get to you then it's whatever. Now sometimes things go tooooo far (have heard of a pregnant girl gamer being told they "hope the baby is stillborn and she gets depressed and kills herself") but getting upset doesn't help and you should just ignore these people.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
While i agree with the fact that gamer girls are harassed beyond belief, i don't see how its any different from me winning a match and 90% of you calling me a n*****. And if you're going to sit there and pretend you've never called anyone a n***** on the internet, I'm going to sit here and laugh, as i always do, at the un-original defenses all you "c*******" have.

If you don't want to be harassed online, change your tag to something less provoking and personal. Just because you're a girl, doesn't mean your tag has to state it. Just because you're black, doesn't mean your tag has to state it. But of course, if it doesn't bother you (lbsh the internet shouldn't bother you) then keep kicking ass and laughing at the butthurt.

Now here's where we differ: Offline.

Come up to me after a match and call me a n*****.. see how that goes for you. Chances are you won't, because you're not mentally handicapped and you're aware that this n***** comes complete with two fists, two feet, and superior physical attributes (courtesy of Africa).

Unfortunately, for females, their harassment doesn't stop. And they come complete with a nice rack, captivating eyes, and an over achieving backside (she got it from her mama).

My solution:
Slap the shit out of them, girls. None of us will hold it against you, in fact a majority of us would run to protect you. It has to start with you, but don't worry, once you start, we will follow. And when a coward perv stands up against you, he'll quickly sit back down as he see's the long line of [ban incoming]s, hoes, crackers, spooks, spicks, and yellards he was once invincible to. Ready and willing to throw a little trolololol his way.. By means of face breaking.

Sorry for typos and such.
On the phone, on the pooper.
Have a nice day :D

Vagrant

Noob
While i agree with the fact that gamer girls are harassed beyond belief, i don't see how its any different from me winning a match and 90% of you calling me a [ban incoming]. And if you're going to sit there and pretend you've never called anyone a [ban incoming] on the internet, I'm going to sit here and laugh, as i always do, at the un-original defenses all you "crackers" have.
I've never called anyone that name ever online or offline.

Fuck you for assuming every "cracker" uses that word.

No, Curbolicous has the story all wrong and is trying to turn it on me lol. He is the one that has her picture, obviously he is the one talking to her not me. She likes Curbo, she asked me for his number last summer and I said no because I'm tryna help a brotha out. She looks hella bad lmao. But I didn't know Curbo was still talking to her, that's cute

Hey CURBOLICOUS, maybe you and Jencork can come with me and your mom on a double date :)
bahahahahaha, ial so hard at this.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
I've never called anyone that name ever online or offline.

Fuck you for assuming every "cracker" uses that word.

Lol I'm half white, bro. It was not meant to be taken in the most literal sense.
And fuck you for not being able to understand when someone is making a general consensus about a group of people.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

Ouch....

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
GUYSH GUYSH RELAXSH!!!

Serious discussion, yes, but keep the anger to a minimum!