What's new

get the kid a chair

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
I just started playing online and i do pretty decent but i tend to lose alot to people who just sit in one spot and crouch block. when i go to overhead them they counter upercut me -_- i main as smoke and im sure there is something i can do about it but i dont know does anyone else?

Beast3

Theres No Escape
back 2 is an overhead, and its the fastest overhead in the game. So do either back 2, 3 , smoke bomb or back 2, smoke bomb to get a combo off of a crouch blocking opponent

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
o nice thanks man
Take the chip. Sitting and blocking can't win the same way it could in sf, MK has chip on anything you touch them with so you could just d3 and d4 until they realize they have to fight you. If you know they are sitting there blocking you can throw them too. It also sounds like you read that they are just going to uppercut you, you might as well just walk up to em, block the uppercut, then what ever you want.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Dude, as smoke you might as well teleport around (not the punch teleport but the ground one) and throw smoke bombs from a safe distance and become invisible and all that. Fill your meter while they do nothing.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Dude, as smoke you might as well teleport around (not the punch teleport but the ground one) and throw smoke bombs from a safe distance and become invisible and all that. Fill your meter while they do nothing.
Thats exactly what to do, but because Smoke does no chip from specials other than EX Smoke Bomb, once you have a full bar its best to get into b2 range and punish them. Reset if you can since you have a full bar. They won't go back to crouch blocking to quick after losing 70% of their life lol
EDIT: Does no SAFE chip other than EX Smoke Bomb

Beast3

Theres No Escape
thats probably why he got you most of the time. don't be predictable with throwing it out, mix up the timing.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
yea man id sometimes catch his tele with the bomb but it was happinging like 30% of the time
Grab is your best friend. hats why its there. Just walk up (walking is important, so you can block the tele on time), grab, rinse repeat, until he stops being a little bitch and decides to play MK9.

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
Grab is your best friend. hats why its there. Just walk up (walking is important, so you can block the tele on time), grab, rinse repeat, until he stops being a little bitch and decides to play MK9.
:) that sounds good to me

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Grab doesn't always work online though Sunny, especially vs Sektors (6f?) uppercut.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
if they are just throwing out an uppercut every time you do an overhead attack then just d4 them and cancel it into smoke bomb if you think they are going to let go of the block button.

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
if they are just throwing out an uppercut every time you do an overhead attack then just d4 them and cancel it into smoke bomb if you think they are going to let go of the block button.
the kid wouldnt let go of the block only time he would was to punish me then do a little shitty 20% combo then back to blocking. this was so fustrating

Beast3

Theres No Escape
the kid wouldnt let go of the block only time he would was to punish me then do a little shitty 20% combo then back to blocking. this was so fustrating
I'm telling you, if they crouch block, b2 is your best friend. If they stand use sweep or d3

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
B2 has amazing range, they really shouldn't be able to uppercut you out of it unless you walk right up next to them before you throw it.

It covers almost a full dash's worth of ground

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I wonder why you call him a kid to present him as inferior,he did something,it worked,if someone didn't even know his own main's normals and let me duck block U2 all the time you damn well bet i'd keep doing it.

seeking advice to counter something is great,don't get me wrong,but putting people down for using an effective strategy is beyond ridiculous.

teh_jawNie

Teh God Himself
I wonder why you call him a kid to present him as inferior,he did something,it worked,if someone didn't even know his own main's normals and let me duck block U2 all the time you damn well bet i'd keep doing it.

seeking advice to counter something is great,don't get me wrong,but putting people down for using an effective strategy is beyond ridiculous.
-_-

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
yea man id sometimes catch his tele with the bomb but it was happinging like 30% of the time
Tele shouldn't ever work against Smoke Bomb Spam.. It must be an online thing. Consecutively throwing out smoke bombs is a legitimate strategy against Sektor since he kan't teleport and you win the trades (just roll when the missile knocks you down.)

B2 works at a range.. You kan mix it up with d4 or sweep to condition them to block low then go for it. If they like to uppercut at the sight of movement at that range then just do your 9 frame 2 to bait it and punish him for it.