What's new

General Zod's Tournament and Casual Video Thread

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
EGP Wonder_Chef uses it

what do u think chef?

I do know it is +2 on block so on block off a jump in could setup a trap

also people wonder why I use 22 a lot, its +1 and a good d12 low laser mix up or trait pressure mix up when its out
I've been using it when people try to dash in as a defensive tactic. It works well since 1) It's got a decent hitbox, 2) Full combo, and 3) The follow up also has decent AA hitbox incase they jump in.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I've been using it when people try to dash in as a defensive tactic. It works well since 1) It's got a decent hitbox, 2) Full combo, and 3) The follow up also has decent AA hitbox incase they jump in.
b23 is so weird

its much faster on whiff than hit and that makes me feel funny

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
These are the combos I find myself doing most often in a game:
-Trait grab: charge laser, j2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, d1 (then either dash-> neutral jump for a cross up, cancel in to counter for ambiguous jump forward etc)
-d12 xx mb laser, jump forward j2 xx rifle (need to do the j2 late in the jump), dash 123 xx push/charge or d12 xx trait/d1 xx trait
-f21u2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, 123 xx push/charge or d12 xx trait/d1 xx trait

Also after landing b3 you can do j2 rifle, j2 rifle too

I know I am using the "doomed" enders in d1 and d12 but I still have a foolish hope it will stay + I want to use it while I can.

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah, but while it has the range and is faster, none of it's string variants are + on block. Plus, I suck at reactions, so having a string with linking rather than canceling is appealing to me
it isnt plus but does grant a safe ender that sets up a parry read (this works so well after ending strings with f213 do parry because EVERYONE and their mother likes to hit buttons after this on block)

Also grants a mix up (sort of)

Pig Of The Hut

These are the combos I find myself doing most often in a game:
-Trait grab: charge laser, j2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, d1 (then either dash-> neutral jump for a cross up, cancel in to counter for ambiguous jump forward etc)
-d12 xx mb laser, jump forward j2 xx rifle (need to do the j2 late in the jump), dash 123 xx push/charge or d12 xx trait/d1 xx trait
-f21u2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, 123 xx push/charge or d12 xx trait/d1 xx trait

Also after landing b3 you can do j2 rifle, j2 rifle too

I know I am using the "doomed" enders in d1 and d12 but I still have a foolish hope it will stay + I want to use it while I can.
I do the exact opposite combos lol

i think both of us have great uses for each but i might wanna incorporate yours more as well I know chef does yours

What are your %s on those

My #1 issue is im shit at confirming f21u2 i usually just do f213 ps into parry setup

SimSim

I do the exact opposite combos lol

i think both of us have great uses for each but i might wanna incorporate yours more as well I know chef does yours

What are your %s on those

My #1 issue is im shit at confirming f21u2 i usually just do f213 ps into parry setup

What do you mean ps in to parry set up?

And yea I am shit at confirming f21u2 too haha, so I whiff it more than I should, and that's where you are way more solid than I am. (But I do use it as a punish combo often!)
I am trying to incorporate your use of f213 xx push actually:p

% are:

Trait grab: charge laser, j2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, d1 = 42%

d12 xx mb laser, jump forward j2 xx rifle (need to do the j2 late in the jump), dash
-123 xx push= 38%
-123 xx charge= 39%
-d12 xx trait= 33%
-d1 xx trait = 31%

f21u2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash,
-123 xx push= 41%
-123 xx charge= 42%
-d12 xx trait= 38%
-d1 xx trait = 36%

Edit: forgot corner combo:
f21u2 xx rifle x3, f3,
d12 xx close laser charge/trait =39%
123, dash (to reverse their wake up) =40%

Pig Of The Hut

What do you mean ps in to parry set up?

And yea I am shit at confirming f21u2 too haha, so I whiff it more than I should, and that's where you are way more solid than I am. (But I do use it as a punish combo often!)
I am trying to incorporate your use of f213 xx push actually:p

% are:

Trait grab: charge laser, j2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash, d1 = 42%

d12 xx mb laser, jump forward j2 xx rifle (need to do the j2 late in the jump), dash
-123 xx push= 38%
-123 xx charge= 39%
-d12 xx trait= 33%
-d1 xx trait = 31%

f21u2 xx rifle, j2 xx rifle, dash, 12 xx mb laser, dash,
-123 xx push= 41%
-123 xx charge= 42%
-d12 xx trait= 38%
-d1 xx trait = 36%

Edit: forgot corner combo:
f21u2 xx rifle x3, f3,
d12 xx close laser charge/trait =39%
123, dash (to reverse their wake up) =40%
He means that the string is negative, but not that negative. People love pressing buttons afterward, so he has enough time to use parry to catch them trying to press buttons.

what he said

its not -1 or whatever frame data says, its -3 i believe and every BA, superman, batman etc loves to hit buttons after f213 ps so I usually do parry afterwards and it wins

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Here is me using Zod int the Justice League SoCal vs Team hAZmat 5v5:

vs hAZ Jowuh (Catwoman)
www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/447486111?t=1h29m35s

vs Evil Morty Seinfeld (Batman)
www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/447486111?t=1h38m25s

vs hAZ Citizen Snips (Martian Manhunter)
www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/447486111?t=1h46m10s

vs hAZ King Hippo (Green Lantern)
www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/447486111?t=1h51m55s

vs hAZ Shazam (Black Adam)
www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/447486111?t=2h1m10s

There were a lot of good matches in here, check them out.

hAZ Citizen Snips is probably the highest level MMH that I've played yet, and that's a really uncommon matchup, so that's probably a useful video.

here are my gameplaysm will upload more and for AK Pig Of The Hut and anyone else criticism is welcome

P.s sorry about quality if its hard to see i use a dazzle :/ lol a little of topic but does anyone know of any good capture cards??

Pig Of The Hut

Marcus

Couple of notes after watching first match against AAN

213 please see my video/thread for combos . It's by far the best option for many reasons.
If the 3 hits them overhead ducking then the gravity doesn't allow u to dash and finish

After black Adam b23 he's +3 u can parry his follow up d1 lightning grab free 12%
Also after d1 (go practice this) immediately mash d3 and u will duck under the lightning grab and hit w d3

Also chip out w trait swipes. U can do swipe side arm swipe side arm over and over and it's 10-15% chip

Also u have to know when u have trait out constantly hit 44444 and throw every interactable imaginable

SimSim

Good stuff! Some feedback from what I have watched (I will mostly mention suggestions on improvements, but there are lots of stuff I could have commented on that was great too, but that would take too long, since you do a lot of great stuff!):

- I like to do jump MB rifle from far to get trait out, charge laser and set up hard to blockables (Overhead rifle + low laser)
-I would suggest doing charge laser-> j2 xx rifle x2 after trait grab
-Recognize when an opponent is just blocking your trait high no matter if you use laser or not (No point in "tricking" the opponent with canceling laser in to dash xx trait grab, if he isn't thinking about blocking low at all). Let him show you that he can deal with the mb laser before you start mixing in the laser dash cancel grab.
-Work counters in to your game
-Be aware of interactables (for example a MB interactable in the corners of atlantis to gain space
-End long combos with 123 in the corner, then dash, and you can pressure the opponent for free since his wake up will go the other way
-Work in trait slash pressure and canceling in to trait grab (Also means you have to use set ups to get trait out: 123, d12 and d1)

This is all stuff I try to do myself, but of course I would have a hard time doing it all in matches as well, so consider it something to keep working on, and as will I:D

Again good stuff on representing Zod:)