What's new

General Shao General Discussion

NoCharge

Noob
What Ive noticed after the patch: b2 connects two times in a row without going under the opponent, fatal blow doesnt scale as much in combos.

not sure if anyone’s seen this but you can use dash cancel in no axe combos to seamlessly make the axe return mid combo

im pretty sure the person that recorded the video just waited a certain amount of time to make sure the switch happens there.If you look at the inputs he just does ff2,2,i done that millions of times and it doesnt make the axe go back,its a set timer,and if the timer expires the switc always happens seamlessly thats known already.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
im pretty sure the person that recorded the video just waited a certain amount of time to make sure the switch happens there.If you look at the inputs he just does ff2,2,i done that millions of times and it doesnt make the axe go back,its a set timer,and if the timer expires the switc always happens seamlessly thats known already.
well yeah you do need to wait the timer out, however i think its big because by the time you finish an axe starter into df4 combo, the timer will be down just enough to get it back by the end of the combo if you do it right

also how we feelin ab shao/tremor?? i think shao probably uses tremors kit the best imo
Still early and I haven't labbed him enough, but on paper he seems to work really well with Shao. I'm trying to get the timing down on command grab into groud pound right now, seems like it has big damage potential.

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Still early and I haven't labbed him enough, but on paper he seems to work really well with Shao. I'm trying to get the timing down on command grab into groud pound right now, seems like it has big damage potential.
yeah like high 40's for 1 bar or almost 60 if you do ex grab into 2 2 fatal

721 armor breaking overhead metallic ball shao tremor htb setup

22xxdb3EX,df4,22,activate termor stance to metallic,db3,back+kameo(hold,for overhead metallic ball) dash into b3xxdb3,b32,b32,b32,dash 22xxdb3Ex,df4,2xxdf2.

if it breaks armor it does 750 damage cause of different scaling

low metallic ball also can allow a combo continuation after meterless upknee with axe.

22xxdb3 tremor call slightly after the knee hits,low mettalic ball, micro dash b2 ,2xxdf4,2xxdf2.

or you can spend a bar after the metqllic ball launch and instead of b2(which is a hard conversion)you can do 22xxdb3EX,df4,22xxdf2 for 404 damage

nice,now the question is,if its a secrete brutality or its a bug and they forgot to included it in the mastery as an unlock like all other characters that have 6 brutals

In combo. I usually mash df4, so maybe it has to do with those buttons.
i kinda semi mash it too,never got the brutal,if you manage to find out pls do tell.

they kinda messed up shaos brutals pretty much impossoble to do a long combo into one like with many other characters,his are so specific and situational,this would be the only one he could actually combo into haha.

Is it the thumbnail the one that used to be in the character mastery where he cuts the opponents arms off? I reported the missing brutality error twice to the WB bugs website but nothing was marked as fixed.