What's new

GDA National MKX tournament 09/05/15

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Hello from Greece! We had our first big tournament two days ago (Saturday 9th). It was a really cool event with over 40 entries.

Top 8 was:

1st place: Metzos (MoS Ermac, KW Goro)
2nd place: Cimmerian (TG Raiden)
3rd place: Nivek (TG Raiden, MoS Raiden)
4rth place : Ditto (SQ D'vorah)
5th-8th place: DarksomethinG (TG Raiden, Cyber Kano), Aris (Tempest KL), Frankie (HF Scorpion) and Panos Zero (GM SZ). [prebreak[[/prebreak]

Below is the link for the top 8:

http://www.twitch.tv/zaelock/b/657580972

Hope you guys enjoy the footage!

EDIT: We had a bit of a problem regarding the stream commentate sound, sorry about that.

Attachments

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Now Ermac and Goro and winning.
I love how different characters are winning tops :eek:
Congratulations to Metzos :)
Good work

Most of the stuff i did are at 0 on block and some are at -4f or less. F34 is -6f, Raiden cannot punish that, only interrupt mid string. Cimmerian missed some punishes yes, cause he is human. All in all it was a great GF.
At least this time around ermaic is actually good, not like in mk9 he was just crappy, ggs, I saw another good ermac in a final vs REO. I wish Kitana was as good as in mk9, but well patching might change it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
At least this time around ermaic is actually good, not like in mk9 he was just crappy, ggs, I saw another good ermac in a final vs REO. I wish Kitana was as good as in mk9, but well patching might change it.
I wouldnt say he is good, he is like MK9 Scorpion. Gimmicky as hell, high risk high reward.

zaf

professor
@Metzos

Good stuff dude!!!! Will need to watch the matches later today!

As for your comment

"I wouldnt say he is good, he is like MK9 Scorpion. Gimmicky as hell, high risk high reward."

Watch Big D vs reo from esl. Wouldn't say mac is gimmicky, high risk high reward yea probably.
You just need to condition the opponent with ermac, then it is not as much risk taking.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@Metzos

Good stuff dude!!!! Will need to watch the matches later today!

As for your comment

"I wouldnt say he is good, he is like MK9 Scorpion. Gimmicky as hell, high risk high reward."

Watch Big D vs reo from esl. Wouldn't say mac is gimmicky, high risk high reward yea probably.
You just need to condition the opponent with ermac, then it is not as much risk taking.
I said that cause of the stupid 1 low/overhead hit confirm after the vortex to get started again. In that way he is like MK9 Scorpion.

zaf

professor
I said that cause of the stupid 1 low/overhead hit confirm after the vortex to get started again. In that way he is like MK9 Scorpion.
Yea but you do not need to go for that. If you have a nice life lead, then at the vortex part you can just go for blockstring pressure and pressure with d3, to condition the opponent for the next mix up you are going to shoot their way. A lot of the time, when I have a nice lead... Ill have the opponent in the set up, guess wrong and eat a combo. I now lost the life lead and momentum. I like just picking and choosing my spots.

Your boy n1kolass is playing one hell of an ermac right now.