What's new

Game Informer - June Cover

Was Ed Boon trolling again?

• Total voters

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
N-no, you must be missing something. Soak it in a highly concentrated solvent and let the sunlight reflect off of the holy grail and hit the magazine. Then use a magnifying glass on the Declaration of Independence and read the 4th word of paragraph 3 so the ancient curse can be broken and the game is revealed.

SZSR

Noob
I don't see anything related to The Grid in the magazine, maybe i'm overlooking something however.

I can't find anything in here that references Netherrealm Studios or Midway.
I'm just speculating at this point, but he's even made tweets (jokes most likely) referencing The Grid.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/463858841608654850

Maybe he was just hinting at the cover so that it's like he's telling us, "A shooter's on the horizon"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I received a copy of June's Game Informer sometime this week and had recalled this tweet from Ed Boon from May 4th:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/463010779839492096

After scouring through the magazine, I have no idea what Ed Boon was hinting at.

There are definitely no hints at a Mortal Kombat X or Injustice 2.

Discuss.
So Boon has been tweeting a series of things that refer to a certain date. Each day it's something else, but it ends up on June 2nd. Do you think he was using the street date of the magazine as a clue?

So Boon has been tweeting a series of things that refer to a certain date. Each day it's something else, but it ends up on June 2nd. Do you think he was using the street date of the magazine as a clue?
E3 is June 9th-12th. If anything I would expect something to be shown there.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The other option is, there's something else about another company's game or the industry that he was looking forward to reading, and it had nothing to do with NRS or MK games. And then a few people jumped on it and made a conspiracy :)

Edit: I just saw @Kitana Prime beat me to it.

Last edited: