What's new

G4Tv: E3's Injustice | Gods Among Us Gameplay Demo w/ Specials, Intros and More

You can tell by this video that both the blockstun and the input bug have been fixed Flash blocks then jumps in what looks like 10-20 frames, which is a complete overhaul of MK9's 60 frame blockstun, which i've been complaining about since the day MKDC was released. So thank you, NetherRealm for listening to me on that one and bringing it back to MKDA style.

Input bug is seen fixed and the transition from high to low takes less frames now (looks almost instant), which brings it back to MKDA style (slight duck counts as a duck, takes less frames to get to the midblock frame aka the fuzzy guard frame). Well done, NRS. Well done indeed.

Superman is looking overpowered at the moment. Keep an eye on him. Also the lack of range on normals looks very weird. Hopefully all these characters have BIG hitboxes.

Speed of the game has also been slowed down. It's in between MKDC and MK9 right now. Which is good because the blockstun has finally been fixed and MK9 was way too fast.
Later.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It looks fun. The problem is it looks like the gameplay won't be fluid. Meaning, there seems to be too many cuts in the action where it's a cut scene or you can't actually do anything. It really is looking like it's geared for casual play, which is fine by me.

It looks fun. The problem is it looks like the gameplay won't be fluid. Meaning, there seems to be too many cuts in the action where it's a cut scene or you can't actually do anything. It really is looking like it's geared for casual play, which is fine by me.
Yea honestly thats what I'm getting from the videos at this point in time. I'm just worried that all the "cut-scenes" will be overly long and eventually get repetitive after a while. Especially since they are talking about background interactions as a major part of the gameplay.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Yea honestly thats what I'm getting from the videos at this point in time. I'm just worried that all the "cut-scenes" will be overly long and eventually get repetitive after a while. Especially since they are talking about background interactions as a major part of the gameplay.
Was about to say that they might include a way to disable it, but you can't really. Maybe they can shorten it or have a way where stage transitions do NOT occur in your match. (some sort of tournament mode that turns off the items and transitions perhaps?)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Yeah, like the elevator scene.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
You can tell by this video that both the blockstun and the input bug have been fixed Flash blocks then jumps in what looks like 10-20 frames, which is a complete overhaul of MK9's 60 frame blockstun, which i've been complaining about since the day MKDC was released. So thank you, NetherRealm for listening to me on that one and bringing it back to MKDA style.

Input bug is seen fixed and the transition from high to low takes less frames now (looks almost instant), which brings it back to MKDA style (slight duck counts as a duck, takes less frames to get to the midblock frame aka the fuzzy guard frame). Well done, NRS. Well done indeed.

Superman is looking overpowered at the moment. Keep an eye on him. Also the lack of range on normals looks very weird. Hopefully all these characters have BIG hitboxes.

Speed of the game has also been slowed down. It's in between MKDC and MK9 right now. Which is good because the blockstun has finally been fixed and MK9 was way too fast.
Later.
Cool to hear....anyway to tell if it's 2D with 3D hit boxes by the videos?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Ok I know I've been posting a lot here but just in case they read it lol. Game can be full of gimmicks and stuff but make a tourny mode which disable all the shit, the less distractions the better, make super moves faster, slow mode cut scenes messes up with the fluid of the gameplay. Oh and add KI chars as guess.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Later.

I have no idea what your credentials are to be making reads like that from a short video, but fucking A I hope you're right.

I know the game looks slow with lots of cut scene but keep in mind this is a game that will not be released for at least 6 months and maybe not for 18 months depending on when in 2013 it actually gets released.

I believe that since E3 is just a show that the game play you see in all the videos is just a show also. I think all those cut scenes you see will end up being X-Ray type moves in the final game. I seriously only saw 2 combos that even looked like they could be normals. Everything else looked to be highlights of cool things designed to build hype within the fan base. That fan base is not us BTW it is the other 2.9+ million people that bought MK9 AND all the DC comic book lovers.

Oh come on no gems? really? I hope ondisc DLC is still there XP

Right now the game looks amazing, I trust NR will make a great game with Injustice, the good thing is that the success of MK9 has probably given them enough money and time to make a really good product. I agree that cutscenes seem a bit too long, but it's still too early, we'll see.

Also I'm glad there's no MK10 in short term, I love MK9, there's still new tech coming from almost every character and the game is still young in competitive terms, so I'm happy we'll have MK9 around for at least another year, I've invested too much time just to throw it out with a sequel so soon. Next gen MK10? Hell yeah!

And I'm maining Harley Quinn from day one, she looks amazing!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
MY LADY HAS AN EXPLODING SPONGEBOB DEATH PIE

This gets better and better with every passing clip.

And I'm maining Harley Quinn from day one, she looks amazing!

Welcome to the party, my friend :D.
Seeing as there's a LOT of us planning on maining Ms. Quinn, there should be a stable name. Noob mains have the Brotherhood Of Shadow, Ermac mains have The Many, etcetera etcetera...and seeing as its a superhero game, and superhero mythos are all about stables, groups, and the like, Harley players need a moniker to fly under.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Lol a bunch of random statements based of canned video sequences. For example the blocking is really isnt fully implemented yet, but the intent completely different from mk9.

Pacing will be its own also. This isn't mk9 or an update in like any way. More info will come, altho as always half of it will be wrong or hearsay lol

looks more like smash brothers meets mk vs dc. that a great thing for casual players like me, maybe not so much for the hardcore though.

davidovitch

In Europe!
Isn't the story obvious by now? All the heroes and villains somehow become god-like (can't die or some shit like that) which also makes their powers more equal and at the same time enrages them (hint, hint) causing them to fight each other.

Yeah I can tell all that from just this video. My observation skills are godlike like Check 's