What's new

Video/Tutorial Full trait mid-combo into vortex set up

I saw byakokoko's recent Killer Frost vids on charging trait all the way mid-combo and then proceeding to do the U3 loop and was inspired to make my own variation. If you do a non-MB command grab at the end of the combo it's 61%, not bad for one bar.

Corner variation:

Anybody have any of their own combos where you're able to charge your trait fully into a loop mid-combo?

That.... is.... AWESOME.

Too bad U+3 hates me :(

Thanks dude! U3 can be a pain for sure sometimes lol and I can't really take the credit for the idea since byakokoko shown it off first, I simply made a small variation to it which allows the combo to end with the vortex if you choose to spend two bars.

There's a corner variation that's easier to execute and confirm which I'll share later.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Thanks dude! U3 can be a pain for sure sometimes lol and I can't really take the credit for the idea since byakokoko shown it off first, I simply made a small variation to it which allows the combo to end with the vortex if you choose to spend two bars.

There's a corner variation that's easier to execute and confirm which I'll share later.

*watches thread*

Also I always wanted her trait to be more of a threat to the opponent. I'm tired of finally charging it all the wait while the opponent's frozen from MB command grab only to have them block the mix up and the trait just wastes away. Now there's a damn good reason not to let KF touch you with near full trait.

Hey guys I included the corner variation of the combo in the post.
It's easier to execute and confirm, plus if you decide to do the non-MB command grab at the end it's 58% for NO BARS!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This seems tough for real match viability. I can only get it to work if she is so charged that a quick tap of the button fills the meter. Which means in a real match it'd be hard to tell, on my ASUS I can't even see when the meter is that nearly filled. Anyone else have this problem?

thats awsome, 16
This seems tough for real match viability. I can only get it to work if she is so charged that a quick tap of the button fills the meter. Which means in a real match it'd be hard to tell, on my ASUS I can't even see when the meter is that nearly filled. Anyone else have this problem?
This is awsome tech, hey 16 bit its useful to charge KFs trait to the very tip of full, then tap the trait button to see how many taps it takes to activate, it should give u an idea of how to go into full trait more smoothly

Yeah that's the tricky part for the midscreen variation, the trait has to be around the tip, it also helps to press trait as soon as the recovery for MB Iceberg ends.

The corner variation is a little more lenient because if you hit 1, 1, B+2 as they're elevated enough you can gain a decent amount of trait and still confirm into a loop.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
So, went to the lab with this awesome idea and got this stuff.

If you have the timing I do f3,db2(mb),4,bd2 as a starter.
If you want a larger window, a wall bounce is needed at some point. I hate using b3 after iceberg cause I always push em to far back or miss lol.

Good stuff everybody, I might dump my variation for your guy's version.
Then again the damage is too good to ignore...lol

PlaHoY

Noob
Thats amazing! ;)

OMFG, Killer Frost and trait combo = death.
3-4 close to full trait. I prefer it after Iceberg MB or f3, u3 3-4.