What's new

Full Patch Notes 8-31-15 & 9/1 Hotfix Notes

GOOD FRAKKING BYE OS
  • Removed the ability to add extra inputs while doing a normal attack 2in1 cancel which allowed some characters to have the special move cancel only occur on hit / block
  • Removed the ability to have some specific input timings on a 2in1 cancel so it could come out on block but not come out on hit on some normal attacks
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a special move or throw reversal after block stun while still holding the block button
  • Removed the ability to option select execute a wakeup non enhanced special move attack, wakeup throw, or wakeup backdash while still holding down the block button
GOOOD BYE!

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Really strange patch filled with luxury buffs where important things like the unplayable netcode got ignored. If they won't improve the average connection to at least be comparable with USF4, they should at least give us the ability to identify and ignore bad connections - instead they changed it a few patches ago so that even complete garbage connections get 3 bars.

Really strange patch filled with luxury buffs where important things like the unplayable netcode got ignored. If they won't improve the average connection to at least be comparable with USF4, they should at least give us the ability to identify and ignore bad connections - instead they changed it a few patches ago so that even complete garbage connections get 3 bars.
The netcode is not something they can change at this point.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
LK's dualist pressure was already insane IMO. Did they just make his pressure even better?
Yes and no. I presume they only reduced the recovery on metamorphosis because F213 itself doesn't have as much blockstun when it's special cancelled anymore.

It may however give him some new plus strings in the variation if no other strings were touched. We'll have to wait and see when the patch goes live.

Kinda scared about the 5 frame decrease on Liu Kang Dragon Fire run cancel's....dude said on the stream "It's not like we took away his pressure we just removed the dash cancel loop" which I would be totally cool about except the notes kinda contradict what they were saying. Hoping its not that noticeable. Dash cancel's were cheap. Run cancel was/is pressure strategy. He has no other options like a teleport if someone can armor out of f213....
Bruh....

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
The netcode is not something they can change at this point.
I'm not saying redo the entire online experience to be based on rollback netcode - I agree that's not practical at this point. However, even relative to other forms of input delay netcode Mkx is awful.

And if even that is not possible at least make it easier to identify good/bad connections online - that is DEFINITELY easily changeable.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
  • Slightly adjusted several characters collision regions while attacking while jumping.
this could be good or bad, leave it to NRs to make patch notes as ambiguous as possible.

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
I wish they would go back to the old connection ratings, they just bumped everything up a bar. They say they hear our complaints about netcode and that was their solution. Im assuming it's something that can't be fixed and I'll be surprised if injustice 2 is any better.

SEV

Noob
I don't really think he did. His s2 being a high may have really fucked him. I sure hope not. I mean, his f1 being a high doesn't seem to stop him from pressuring people like mad with f12/f121.

As far as the recovery of his projectiles, we'll have to see how that pans out. I honestly just wanted faster startup or recovery, so I got one.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure both 2 and 3 are highs now(pretty sure fk = 3), so if that's the case, we lost both of our mid strings: D1 would be our best mid check.

I don't really play enough Aftershock to know how much the air quake changes will affect him, but I'm skeptical that the Crystalline buffs are going to change much(aside from shatter corner fixes).

It looks like they've nerfed him much more than they've buffed him.

qspec

Noob
Are those first few lines the end of the normal/special OS?

I don't understand the 2-in-1 terminology.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Jax only got one change? boring day for Jax mains i guess lol
Actually this could be everything I ever asked for lol. His biggest two problems where his mids whiffing on low hitbox characters which really hurt his neutral game in some MU's and according to the patch notes they say more consistency in combos which if it is correct makes his midscreen from different starters no longer a complete ballache. That one line holds the power to not only change MU's but make his dumb midscreen combos consistent.

Or he still gets low profiled and his combos are still inconsistent, but I hope they didn't fuck up lol

• Jax - Adjusted several regular attack collisions to hit more consistently on ducking opponents and in combos