What's new

Frieza is Back! o.o

Lou Kang

Noob
yeah only to be immediately "re-surpassed" by what I can only assume was 100-fold, knowing vegeta's tendency for constant built up pride followed by heart crushing embaressment

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Not even marginally hype and I love Dragonball Z lol. Frieza is on his what, third return? Returned in original DBZ and got bodied by Future Trunks. Appeared in Dragonball GT with Cell in his resurrected state and now he's returning again for dat name cash in #ByeFelicia..
He's only officially returned once when Trunks killed him. Every other appearance (i.e. in other world, GT, movies, etc) are non-canon. This movie follows the original source material, so this is Frieza's second reappearance and first revival.

As for people asking for Broly, that character represents everything Toriyama is not about. He designed him, sure, but that's Toei's baby. Toriyama would never make a movie script with him, and if he did, I'm sure many would be disappointed by his characterization. I admit, I can think of a really good story to fit him into the canon, as well as a complete re-envisioning of his backstory/origin (because he'd really, really need one), but as he is, Broly is a terrible character (sans appearance) and I can't fathom why people want to see him yell "KAKAROT" for 90 minutes again.

E

Eldriken

He's only officially returned once when Trunks killed him. Every other appearance (i.e. in other world, GT, movies, etc) are non-canon. This movie follows the original source material, so this is Frieza's second reappearance and first revival.

As for people asking for Broly, that character represents everything Toriyama is not about. He designed him, sure, but that's Toei's baby. Toriyama would never make a movie script with him, and if he did, I'm sure many would be disappointed by his characterization. I admit, I can think of a really good story to fit him into the canon, as well as a complete re-envisioning of his backstory/origin (because he'd really, really need one), but as he is, Broly is a terrible character (sans appearance) and I can't fathom why people want to see him yell "KAKAROT" for 90 minutes again.
KAKKAROT-O! x infinity. Yeah, no. I'm with you on that.

InFlames

dead
I asked my buddy about Gohan's lack of Mystic usage and this is what he said: "Technically mystic form is just super saiyan without the transformation and stress of constant power loss of maintaining super saiyan".

So, I guess it just boils down to whether he wants to look fancy and transform or not. >_>
His mystic form is his super saiyan form, he shouldnt be able to turn into a normal super saiyan anymore. Toriyama basically wasted 1/3 of the buu saga for Gohan to get a transformation which was only relevant for a couple episodes and now hes making all these plotholes with him turning into a normal super saiyan again lmao

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
His mystic form is his super saiyan form, he shouldnt be able to turn into a normal super saiyan anymore. Toriyama basically wasted 1/3 of the buu saga for Gohan to get a transformation which was only relevant for a couple episodes and now hes making all these plotholes with him turning into a normal super saiyan again lmao
The power boost was a magical gain, so it could have worn off. Toriyama should explain it, honestly.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Oh, and off-topic threads should still appear in the recent threads section. There's already a thread for this that has practically no replies because nobody's seen it. We miss out on all those delicious Khrome threads, too.

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Why don't people have more respect for Frieza hes like the only logical and well though out villain within dbz. Frieza: a tyrannical sefish dictator who owned thosands of planets, destroyed the saiyans, and will do anything to get his way
Motive: to have the universe gravel behind his foot
Cell: Made on planet Earth of all places from everyone cells including friezas yet somehow is stronger than everyone else in the universe we know at this point(doesn't make any sence, considering there are other planets more advanced than humans yet havent made anything like this) Motive: To have the ultimate fight.

Majin Buu: Completely magical being that defy s logic and that no one could even sence his presence while on Earth thosands of years
Motive: to destroy

Broly: A Saiyan out of the clear blue whos motives literally makes no sence (to kill goku cause he bother him as a baby crying???) if he even has any who trashed goku, vegeta, trunks, picolo and gohan all together, yet proceded to get his butt kicked by goku after absorbing next to zero energy but everyone else and getting in the worlds luckiest shot. Then next movie by goten, and a weaker gohan next movie when he was supposibly stronger.
Motive: Absoloutely none
Even Yamcha would make a better villain than broly.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Why don't people have more respect for Frieza hes like the only logical and well though out villain within dbz. Frieza: a tyrannical sefish dictator who owned thosands of planets, destroyed the saiyans, and will do anything to get his way
Cell: Made on planet Earth of all places from everyone cells including friezas yet somehow is stronger than everyone else in the universe we know at this point(doesn't make any sence, considering there are other planets more advanced than humans yet havent made anything like this) Motive: To have the ultimate fight.

Majin Buu: Completely magical being that defy s logic and that no one could even sence his presence while on Earth thosands of years

Broly: A Saiyan out of the clear blue whos motives literally makes no sence (to kill goku cause he bother him as a baby crying???) if he even has any who trashed goku, vegeta, trunks, picolo and gohan all together, yet proceded to get his butt kicked by goku after absorbing next to zero energy but everyone else and getting in the worlds luckiest shot. Then next movie by goten, and a weaker gohan next movie when he was supposibly stronger.
Broly's motive was quite clear: He wanted to kill Goku for driving him INSANE as a child due to his constant crying. Broly was driven bat-shit crazy due to that, so that's motive enough for him.

SuppaSapien3

Broly's motive was quite clear: He wanted to kill Goku for driving him INSANE as a child due to his constant crying. Broly was driven bat-shit crazy due to that, so that's motive enough for him.
Yep that makes perfect sense. He could remember another baby crying when he was a baby even though he was in a pod and had no way of seeing goku. And saiyans sure have the best memories. A bump on the head couldn't be enough to make a saiyan forget his natural born race, or even a half saiyan to forget a appendage tail of his he had for most of his life.

Last edited:

SuppaSapien3

I though Mystic/Ultimate Gohan was Gohans full power unlocked had he continued training as a teen. Super saiyan was already mastered when he was in the hyperbolic time chamber as a teen to where it no longer took energy from him. If it was simply Super Saiyan he wouldnt have stood a chance agaisnt buu. Even the author himself said he was the strongest non fused character making him stronger than super saiyan 3 goku. They did goof up on the movies though >_>

ReallyMontana

Making Proper Adjustments

Frieza is a kick ass villain. The history of frieza made his fight with goku even better. I liked cell & the cell saga though i didn't like some parts of it. Buu was the worst villain imo. My favorite part of that saga was the majin vegeta vs goku fight. & having gotten & trunks becoming supersayians so easily was a slap in vegetas face lol. That saga also made super sayains look weak & too many fusions :/

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8

Cells motive is to prove he is the best fighter in the universe like he was designed to be.

E

Eldriken

Yep that makes perfect sense. He could remember another baby crying when he was a baby even though he was in a pod and had no way of seeing goku. And saiyans sure have the best memories. A bump on the head couldn't be enough to make a saiyan forget his natural born race, or even a half saiyan to forget a appendage tail of his he had for most of his life.
So, you're trying to refute what is clearly the case for Broly's insanity? The person who WROTE it deemed it that way and you're trying to go "lolreallife"? Dude...are you serious?

Also, who says the same thing that happened to Goku happened to Broly? Bringing up Goku suffering a pretty bad head injury as a CHILD is grasping at straws, man.

SuppaSapien3

So, you're trying to refute what is clearly the case for Broly's insanity? The person who WROTE it deemed it that way and you're trying to go "lolreallife"? Dude...are you serious?

Also, who says the same thing that happened to Goku happened to Broly? Bringing up Goku suffering a pretty bad head injury as a CHILD is grasping at straws, man.
My point is this. For all the people who say that Broly should have been the villian for the next movie, it just doesn't hold weight to Frieza being the better choice. Broly is basically a plot driven fan fic mess of a character. Frieza represents the most evil and sense making villain we have ever sense in this series. I wouldn't be surprised if frieza's here to stay for the next five movies. I just don't know what people see in Broly. And the point I was trying to make with Broly is that it doesnt hold any weight that broley would remember goku as a baby when judging by the evidence of another saiyan baby (goku) could easily forget who he was simply by hitting his head. what was the first thing that Radiz asked goku when he saw he didnt act like a saiyan. Did you hit your head? Saiyans have fragil craniums and are prone to forgetting things.

E

Eldriken

My point is this. For all the people who say that Broly should have been the villian for the next movie, it just doesn't hold weight to Frieza being the better choice. Broly is basically a plot driven fan fic mess of a character. Frieza represents the most evil and sense making villain we have ever sense in this series. I wouldn't be surprised if frieza's here to stay for the next five movies. I just don't know what people see in Broly.
I was just telling you his motive. I already said I'd prefer to have Frieza over Broly any day.

Yoaks

A spaceman
We all need to remember that Broly wasn't canon. None of the movies were. Frieza did make a brief return in Fusion Reborn. However he got rocked by Gohan with one hit, but it's not Canon.

@Eldriken
You had mentioned that you and your buddy were talking about how Goku wasn't strong enough to beat Beerus. I think that he retains some of the SSG powers from BOG when he blew up Beerus' kill ball. You see Goku turn SSG to destroy the ball and then he reverts back to base form.

@Amplified$hotz My favourite scene
Dude. Broly was so fucking cool in this movie.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Isn't this the Vegeta focused movie? I'd prefer more Gohan, he hasn't kicked any ass as an adult.

And as I remember it, the Mystic form just made Super Saiyan pointless, like he was strong enough to take on Buu without SS (haven't seen that season in forever, so could be remembering wrong). It could be some plot reason, where Gohan is the first to tackle the powered up Frieza and goes SS to mollywop his ass

Lou Kang

Noob
Isn't this the Vegeta focused movie? I'd prefer more Gohan, he hasn't kicked any ass as an adult.

And as I remember it, the Mystic form just made Super Saiyan pointless, like he was strong enough to take on Buu without SS (haven't seen that season in forever, so could be remembering wrong). It could be some plot reason, where Gohan is the first to tackle the powered up Frieza and goes SS to mollywop his ass
vegeta deserves a win for a god damned change

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Whether Broly's origin makes sense or not (which it doesn't as far as I'm concerned), wouldn't you rather have a villain that isn't completely vacuous and does more than punch things and yell "KAKAROOOOOOOT" a million times over like a mindless idiot? Plus he'd get his shit slapped by most of the Saiyans now.