What's new

Freddy combo thread

So far I found a 18 hit 65% damage X-Ray corner combo with him.

Inputs JIP, B12Up1, Nightmare Stance, 1, U3, F421, Close Spike, F421, X-Ray.

Rekarm

Noob
All of these 1 meter ex ground claw combos that people are crying about being overpowered DO NOT WORK AGAINST A HUMAN OPPONENT!

Try it yourself. Go into practice, and have a human player hold block after you start a combo on them. Try to combo into EX ground claw and then combo after it. They can block before you can hit them EVERY TIME

It ONLY works on the AI training dummy

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys bad news. I believe I have found a glitch with Freddy. If you do the EX sweet dreams and it hits; the opponent can block your next attack. I don't know if this is intended by NRS or not, but it is definitly dissapointing.
This is in training mode so you know how that is, but so far this only does it against cyber sub-zero. I will test to see if there are others. I hope it is just a training mode glitch. See if the same thing happens to you guys. Use Freddy's EX sweet dream on cyber sub-zero let it hit (make sure it is auto block) and see if he blocks the next attack, he does in my game if you attack immediately. Back to the lab to find more goodies.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
All of these 1 meter ex ground claw combos that people are crying about being overpowered DO NOT WORK AGAINST A HUMAN OPPONENT!

Try it yourself. Go into practice, and have a human player hold block after you start a combo on them. Try to combo into EX ground claw and then combo after it. They can block before you can hit them EVERY TIME

I don't have someone with me so I can't test it, but if it is one combo where you use the EX hellspike and then combo for 46% how can they block it. I am not saying you are wrong, but maybe I am thinking of a reset not a combo. If a combo is doning 46% it is doing 46%

Rekarm

Noob
Because there are certain things that work on the practice dummy that dont actually work due to training mode mechanics. test it, trust me. these combos dont actually combo on humans

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
This is in training mode so you know how that is, but so far this only does it against cyber sub-zero. I will test to see if there are others. I hope it is just a training mode glitch. See if the same thing happens to you guys. Use Freddy's EX sweet dream on cyber sub-zero (make sure it is auto block) and see if he blocks it, he does in my game. Back to the lab to find more goodies.
Ok guys Cyber sub is not the only one. I am sure this is just a training mode glitch. Here's the list:

Cyber-sub-zero
Scorpion
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Sindel
Ermac
Kitana
Johnny Cage
Jade
Mileena
Nightwolf
Noob
Smoke
Sonya
Jax
Stryker
Shang Tsung
Kabal
Raiden
Sheeva
Skarlet
Kenshi
Rain

This is a very strange glitch that I have in my game. See if it is the same for you. So if you want to practice with Freddy don't use these characters.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Because there are certain things that work on the practice dummy that dont actually work due to training mode mechanics. test it, trust me. these combos dont actually combo on humans
Unfortunately I don't have anyone other than online and I have not tried that out yet. So what you are saying is that you CANNOT EX hellspike and the jump in punch combo or projectile? If so that stinks.

Theme

Noob
Wow... I just played a few Kruegers. Hes so god damn safe.... Kung Lao worthy. His lowhat string *or low claw I should say* is just like Kung Lao's, safe and builds meter... wtf. I cant even punish it with Reptiles Dash...

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Uhhh sooooo does this shit work or not? It's almost come out in another thread that NRS has said his damage scaling is all messed up and will be patched. Sounds like we know nothing about Freddy.

uuuuhhhh it worked for me with a human opponent....even went into versus mode and it still worked....all chained together as one combo after the EX ground claw

Simple 41%
I tried this with the cpu on auto block and it worked fine.

Jump in+ 1(2), back 1,2, up+1, nightmare stance+1, dash in, forward+2, EX Hell Spike, back+2, 4.

SuperFX

YOU GET NOTHING
Haven't seen these posted yet

32% no meter: b2, close spike, b2, f4 2 1 farthest spike

42% (1 bar) : b2, close spike, b2, f4 2, ex spike, jinp, f4 2 1 far spike

Ex spike combos work just fine. Anything past mid range might will grant opponent recovery time unless you're hauling. His combos are fine, but the damage will be nerfed (I would think). He's safe, versatile, and, for now, a powerhouse. Anyhow, ex spike combos are functional.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
All this great ability freddy has, and they couldn't have gave any of this to Baraka...

Makes me sick.

Ulturas

Noob
All this great ability freddy has, and they couldn't have gave any of this to Baraka...

Makes me sick.
It's WB's love child what can you expect man only reason Freddy made it into the game is because they're doing another Nightmare on Elm St remake next year and it's promotion promotion promotion :p.

Theme

Noob

Makes me sick.
Yeah I agree... I think they could totally make up new moves for Baraka semi like Freddy's. I can think of so many ways specials could be made lol.

Nevrosis

Keelawutaye!
Here's a pretty simple low-starter combo:

:l:fk:fk :en:d:r:fp, JIP :l:fp :bp :u:fp, :d:l:fp, :d:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp

11 hits, 41% damage, 1 bar
If you wanna throw in a JIP before the low start it does 44%

The claw juggle is kinda fun. Similar to Shang Tsung's ground skulls I guess...
If anyone can continue the b33 string without using an enhanced spike let me know... I also tried db41 and b2 after the JIP b12u1 but it never hits. :(

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Here's a pretty simple low-starter combo:

:l:fk:fk :en:d:r:fp, JIP :l:fp :bp :u:fp, :d:l:fp, :d:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp, :d:l:r:fp

11 hits, 41% damage, 1 bar
If you wanna throw in a JIP before the low start it does 44%

The claw juggle is kinda fun. Similar to Shang Tsung's ground skulls I guess...
If anyone can continue the b33 string without using an enhanced spike let me know... I also tried db41 and b2 after the JIP b12u1 but it never hits. :(
Mine is similar but a little different: b3,3-EX hellspike-jip b1,2,u1-njp-f4,2,1-far hellspike: 49% I believe.

Yes you can: b3,3-med hellspike-far hellspike: 20% I believe. You can EX hellspike at the end then throw a projectile.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I don't think I'd ever waste 3 meters in a freddy combo, his ex sweet dream and ex claw are just too good to not have. Though if it would win the match and the opponent cant break I guess it could come in handy do a little bit of extra damage.

EDIT: lol he starts it with ex sweet dream, what do you know. So he whiffs the f4 or something? Idk, kinda confusing looking.

I had a weird glitch in one of my games, the glove projectile stayed on screen. It didn't effect anything but when I was teleporting back I saw it just floating. Pretty odd.