What's new

General/Other Forward 4 + Ice Ball isn't coming out.

Durango

Enhancer
When I have someone trapped in a corner, I'll go for the overhead freeze. More often than not, the ice ball won't follow and I'll eat a combo, sometimes ending in my unfair defeat.

This only happens online, btw. I can do it just fine in Training mode.

Matix218

Get over here!
sounds like an online issue, obviously f4 freeze works fine offline. I guess this is just one more example of how bad the online can be in MK9...

Kweli

Noob
Yep, I had mentioned this in another thread.
F+4 and iceblast is difficult to pull off ONLINE. A few months ago it was a 1/4 chance (while offline i was perfect)

Now its closer to 50-60% chance... they improved it.. but its still a very difficult move to pull off online.

Most likely, it's the timing. You can HC into Slide, Clone, or Freeze. I can Hit Confirm all day in practice, but online, it's difficult. Hit Confirming the F4 is rather tight, but with enough space to get it. I don't even use it online, unless I know for a fact it's going to hit.

Best of luck to ya.
~Hound.

EDIT: I agree with Donix, I almost never go online.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Hmm. I've never had an issue with F+4 iceball. I usually go for it after a sweep and 9 times out of 10 it hits. How long have you been playing online?

rdw

Be cool...
Never happened to me except against freddy that the blast will just go by...

Edit: If you are having problem hit confirming it just queue the blast...

When I have someone trapped in a corner, I'll go for the overhead freeze. More often than not, the ice ball won't follow and I'll eat a combo, sometimes ending in my unfair defeat.

This only happens online, btw. I can do it just fine in Training mode.
I tested it thoroughly yesterday and it's working quite fine online.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
try slowing your inputs wait till his leg is say half way up then do the freeze ive never had problems wit this move an i never use sub zero