What's new

Forceball canceling

Hello everyone.I want to you all to look into forceball canceling.Im always hearing you guys talk about 321 this and 321 that.But if it works for you than that's cool.I rarely start a string with 321 because it just never works for me and other reptiles aren't successful with it on me in a mirror match.Instead,my pressure starts with JIP 2 slow/fast fb.This gives me a good start because it's interruptible and it's the best answer for me against turtlers.If they catch on to the forceball after 2 then i just slide or ex dash.Now that I've got that out the way,I wanna ask you guys why you never use forceball cancel.I've yet played a reptile that has done it yet and I play all the time.It takes one bar but I think It's worth it if you execute it right.To add on, it shuts down certain characters wake up game after 321.If kabal does wake up ex nomad dash after your 321,he will armor through the regular forceball.and while he's going through that one,you have a charged ball waiting on him and another combo.same for cage shadow kick,kano up ball,sub slide,baraka charge, jax punch,you get the picture.This goes for their ex wake ups because the first ball knocks off the armor.This only works if you don't cancel out the forceball but most of the time it will work in your favor because of your opponent using a quick wakeup and running into a second forceball after losing their armor to the first one.but if they don't,the first forceball will disappear right before it get's to to them and you have an enhanced forceball and from there it aid's you with more pressure.I wouldn't use this on raiden,maleena,rain,and kung lao.Let's just say characters with fast or instant teleports.And if I did,I'd just use the fast forceball but that's a whole different story.But anyways,I'd like to start seeing reptiles other than myself incorporate that into their gameplay because it really does make a difference because it can confuse your opponent just as much as invisibility can.Im sure forceball cancel isn't put there for nothing.It has to do some type of justice.I wan't y'all to try it and let me know how it goes.If you don't get that feel for it then I'll understand.

.... seriously man.
This thread should be closed and Ill explain why.
1. 321 ah builds more meter
2. 2 fb on block leaves you at a huge disadvantage
3. 321 bnb does more damage/more chip dammage on block
4. 321 ah can be used as pressure strings/mix up due to 1,2,3 are all 0 frames. Can put grab in there
5. 321 bnb JIP cancel into FB at the end. You can bait out kabal's dash, block it, punish it with 40%
6. Theres no mix up in 2 fb.... You can do slide thats not a good mix up. You are not gonna have enough meter to do 2 ex dash because you arent using 321 ah

321 is easily his best string. This is the most confusing thread I've seen.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

This thread has actually went like I'd expected it to.Yea it may seem confusing but it really works for me.that's why I considered that it could be a worthy thread.If it didn't work for me then I wouldn't even bother posting it.I will continue using him this way because it's just not what your opponents expect from reptile.Im not saying that this is how you should use him.i just want people to try it out by incorporating some of it in their gameplay to see if it could be legit.I really appreciate you guys on your inputs but you shouldn't bash me for trying to bring something new that might could serve some type of help for reptile.I thought it would be worth it because it works for me most of the time so why downplay the fact Im willing to share it.Maybe it's something that have to be successful in a major tournament for people to realize it's potential.

I'm guessing you play online
yes I play online but what does it matter?it's not my fault MK died out locally.I've been trying to find someone for the longest who plays this game in my area at a competitive level but no luck.So why not play online?And plus I'd much rather play a variety of different characters with different play styles than to just play one or a few few people who's only dominate with one character.

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
Are you playing against people that don't block and let you JiP? If so, there's no excuse not to do 321. 2 into FB is not safe on block. Your "tech" gets blown up by anyone who actually blocks attacks (or god forbid they anti-air you). 321, or at least 32, gives you time to hitconfirm and consider your options. if they don't block, go for the full njp combo. if they do block, ah is the safest option (but the invis mix-up and occasional low slide or ex elbow dash are sometimes worth the risk).

I'm not sure how this whole JiP 2 thing is relevant to FB cancelling to begin with. IMO forceball cancelling's greatest asset is when reptile is at full-screen against someone that can't zone him out.

When you say 321 doesn't "work for you", what do you mean? If you are incapable of doing the combo, hit practice mode. If you find yourself getting blown up for it somehow, try different methods of approach (JiP isn't as useful as combo videos would have you believe. Standing 321/32 as a punish is often how it happens IN A REAL MATCH). Also, you admitted to the combo not working "in reptile mirrors." As a reptile player who has played many reptile mirrors, there's little truth to this statement. Regardless, you should not base your opinion of a combo string on how it works in one specific matchup.

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
I'm saying write ups based on online play will be completely unviable lol.. The properties of online play are much different than offline.

Dude ppl aren't being dicks, its just what you are saying makes no sense. 2 forceball is hella unsafe. Especially in comparison to 321 mix UPS. There is no reason why you would ever Jip 2 forceball.

Are you playing against people that don't block and let you JiP? If so, there's no excuse not to do 321. 2 into FB is not safe on block. Your "tech" gets blown up by anyone who actually blocks attacks (or god forbid they anti-air you). 321, or at least 32, gives you time to hitconfirm and consider your options. if they don't block, go for the full njp combo. if they do block, ah is the safest option (but the invis mix-up and occasional low slide or ex elbow dash are sometimes worth the risk).

I'm not sure how this whole JiP 2 thing is relevant to FB cancelling to begin with. IMO forceball cancelling's greatest asset is when reptile is at full-screen against someone that can't zone him out.

When you say 321 doesn't "work for you", what do you mean? If you are incapable of doing the combo, hit practice mode. If you find yourself getting blown up for it somehow, try different methods of approach (JiP isn't as useful as combo videos would have you believe. Standing 321/32 as a punish is often how it happens IN A REAL MATCH). Also, you admitted to the combo not working "in reptile mirrors." As a reptile player who has played many reptile mirrors, there's little truth to this statement. Regardless, you should not base your opinion of a combo string on how it works in one specific matchup.
I play ranked so I play anybody.from people who just picked up the game and suck to people who plays godlike and play all the time.Im excluding new people who would fall for this every time.Im not saying it works 100 percent of the time because it don't.yea ah would be the safest option if they do block.I never thought of that.Im going to work on it.And yea it's true what you said about FB canceling but I've found it very useful right after 321 but it has to be done fast.And about the mirror match,I didn't say it don't work in general.I pretty much said that I can sniff it out when I fight another reptile.And the 321 ah,when I say Im not great at it,I meant that Im not great with using it as pressure.Sorry .I should have made that clear.But Im going to work on that too.and about the JIP.It's mainly for people who are committed to blocking. especially when they are blocking low.you don't have to use the 2 fb like i do.I use it because they are more than likely to attempt to interrupt that than the 321.yes you would build meter with 321 ah.but a lot of players don't know that 2 is safe on block because no one ever uses it.anything after 2 isn't but sometimes you have to take chances.321 slow fb.I've found that 80 to 90 percent of the time,your opponent will block. preferably low and you will land a JIP after the 321 slow fb dash.most of the time they won't try to anti-air you when they see a slow force ball coming at them.Im sorry if it still sounds confusing.And If I happen to play a really solid player whether online or offline, and it don't work out then I'll just stop doing it and adjust to whatever the situation presents itself.I didn't mean for this to sound like a general game plan for reptile because I just don't believe that he have any.Ya'll can say Im using him wrong or whatever but ever since I've been doing this, I came out on top way more than not.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
2, fb, fb is his only unbreakable punish, right? 16% I think. If the opponent has a breaker and low health that's the only time I'll pull this out.

Dude ppl aren't being dicks, its just what you are saying makes no sense. 2 forceball is hella unsafe. Especially in comparison to 321 mix UPS. There is no reason why you would ever Jip 2 forceball.

I know that it don't make sense so I guess I'll just stop discussing it.Im not going to make an ass out of myself and keep digging myself in a deeper hole.you would have to see it in an actual match and then it would make sense.Im not really into all the *technicalities*of ''this and that''Im not worried about what the opponent could do because there are so many possibilities.yea they may punish me.so what?I'll do something different.If they mess up ,which in an actual match people do,it serves a purpose.I shouldn't have posted this from the beginning because I don't think in terms of ''what if the opponent does this,what if he does that?''I base gameplay off of what my opponent is actually doing in the heat of the battle in a live match.Since it is something that worked well for me in most matches I figured that I could share it.Guess I was wrong.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Lol. Jump in punches aren't easy to land in competetive play. Against kabal. Expect to get ex dashed or d1 anti aired.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Forceball cancels are only good for trolling or baiting parries from Smoke , Nightwolf and Kenshi.

321 easily one of the best strings in the game.If it had a faster start-up it'd be OP'd...GOD I WANT THAT

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Huh? U can't break spit...or am I misunderstanding

I mean the max damage you can get before they can break. I'll always try and get them to use a breaker unless it will kill them with spit or take them to like 2% health.

I mean the max damage you can get before they can break. I'll always try and get them to use a breaker unless it will kill them with spit or take them to like 2% health.
Got ya. You want to maximize damage the force a breaker. Thought you meant only max unbreakable damage, my bad.