What's new

Footsies.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
mainly mind games with a ton of pokes and blocking street fighter is a big footsies game havent run into a footsies match on injustice yet though

cyke_out

Noob
It refers to the neutral game, where both players jockey for positioning on the ground, sticking out long hitting normals and looking for an oppertunity to get in and open your opponent up, either by making the right reads or punishing your opponent for the wrong reads.

Think of it like boxing, or MMA. the fighters circling each other testing their foe's reactions and ranges, not much going, but very tactical.

zaf

professor
“Footsies” is oldschool slang for the mid-range ground-based aspect of fighting game strategy. It refers to a situation where both players are outside of combo range and attack each other with long-range, generally safe attacks (pokes). The ultimate goal is to control the flow of the match, bait the opponent into committing errors, and punish everything.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games#Footsies

Oh ok. Kinda hard to do in this game. Don't know why but theres some slight delay between the time I move my stick forward and the character moving forward. Goes for jumping too. Maybe it's the stick. I'll use a pad to check.

Nope same result. Gotta get used to it. Love this game.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Oh ok. Kinda hard to do in this game. Don't know why but theres some slight delay between the time I move my stick forward and the character moving forward. Goes for jumping too. Maybe it's the stick. I'll use a pad to check.

If you are referring to whilst online, it would be the lag effecting that.

cyke_out

Noob

The most important aspect setting up your footsie's game is making the opponent afraid to jump at you and respect your options. for some characters with weak anti-air's, the opponent should have no reason to stay on the ground, they'll just jump at you, and you're forced to block it, allowing him to bypass the footsie stage and apply pressure. A strong anti-air option makes your opponent fear going to the air, and he's forced to deal with you on the ground.

The most important aspect setting up your footsie's game is making the opponent afraid to jump at you and respect your options. for some characters with weak anti-air's, the opponent should have no reason to stay on the ground, they'll just jump at you, and you're forced to block it, allowing him to bypass the footsie stage and apply pressure. A strong anti-air option makes your opponent fear going to the air, and he's forced to deal with you on the ground.
My friend like to jump in alot with deathstroke. He crosses me up alot with jumping 1. I usually just keep him from jumping in by using D+2 with sinestro.

I've also noticed that you have to input up +forward(back) or forward(back), up in order to jump. If you input up, forward(back) you just neutral jump. Screws me over sometimes when I try to do a cross up. Anyone going through this as well? Not bashing on the game just trying to understand its mechanics.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I've also noticed that you have to input up +forward(back) or forward(back), up in order to jump. If you input up, forward(back) you just neutral jump. Screws me over sometimes when I try to do a cross up. Anyone going through this as well? Not bashing on the game just trying to understand its mechanics.
Hello fellow masked player.
I have the same troubles. My only game is MK. And I`m having soooo much trouble adjusting to back/down to block. Sometimes I just start holding forward thinking I`m blocking. I`m used to being able to hit an direction with no consequence while holding a block button. I can`t block ANYTHING in this game. I`m really quite awful at injustice.

Last question guys. When a character jumps over someone and he lands on the other side. Why doesnt he automatically turn around?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Last question guys. When a character jumps over someone and he lands on the other side. Why doesnt he automatically turn around?
Jumping has recovery frames. Giving the other person an opportunity to punish the person for jumping at the wrong range, or just jumping at a bad time. You can quickly full combo punish with a fast normal.

Think of it as a way for the game to say "stop jumping around like an idiot, IDIOT!"

Ahhh. I get it. Cause sometimes I crossup then the followup attack hits nothing since hes facing away for like half a second.