What's new

Tech Flash J2

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Despite the frame data on J2 being -7, You cannot interrupt b2, f2, or d1 after a blocked J2 if timed right. I was always under the impression you could interrupt his slower strings after a j2 but after testing it with another person the only thing that can interrupt is a reversal sonic charge by flash but even then they get launched. This might be already known but this def. opens up his jump in mixups.
Zyphox
DGOD PSYCHO
SaJa
xFriction_Burnx

redeyes

Button Masher
lots of peoples jump ins are like this despite saying -X if hit from the right height certain jump ins will jail high and not be pokeable.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Despite the frame data on J2 being -7, You cannot interrupt b2, f2, or d1 after a blocked J2 if timed right. I was always under the impression you could interrupt his slower strings after a j2 but after testing it with another person the only thing that can interrupt is a reversal sonic charge by flash but even then they get launched. This might be already known but this def. opens up his jump in mixups.
Zyphox
DGOD PSYCHO
SaJa
@xfriction-burnx
It is minus if you don't cancel it! If you do canceled with a string, then you can't be poked out. You are using the cancel advantage. The frame data is for naked blocked J2.

Mosp

Noob
I'm pretty sure you have to hit the j2 pretty low to the ground to use any kind of advantage off of it though which doesn't happen all too often. Most of the time I'll get poked out of anything I do after so I try not to use j2 that much unless I'm in the corner or in certain matchups it can be really good.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I'm pretty sure you have to hit the j2 pretty low to the ground to use any kind of advantage off of it though which doesn't happen all too often. Most of the time I'll get poked out of anything I do after so I try not to use j2 that much unless I'm in the corner or in certain matchups it can be really good.
Thats what I thought too until i tested it. You have to link in the string extremely fast after the j2 a lot tighter than mk and the height doesn't matter. I was hitting the j2 on top of their head and could still get his 16 frame f2 out without it being interrupted

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Hellion_96
Zyphox
What you got to realize though is that the Flash is not a character to be jumping around though, and even so you must time his jump in extremely low to actually jail. His jump ins have quite of arc to it, and easy seeing jump in thats in risk for an anti air..

How I feel like The Flash must use his jump in is for 3 things..
1. Ambigious cross ups, (D1D2D3)
2. To counter jump them. If they jump at you jump backwards with a J2.
3. To break armor.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Hellion_96
Zyphox
What you got to realize though is that the Flash is not a character to be jumping around though, and even so you must time his jump in extremely low to actually jail. His jump ins have quite of arc to it, and easy seeing jump in thats in risk for an anti air..

How I feel like The Flash must use his jump in is for 3 things..
1. Ambigious cross ups, (D1D2D3)
2. To counter jump them. If they jump at you jump backwards with a J2.
3. To break armor.
My point is that the height doesn;t matter it jails as long as you time it right. I tested it at multiple heights go test it for yourself. Only a few characters have reliable anti airs jumping is more than viable especially when you have a 50/50 every time they block a J2

SaJa

FH_FenriR
His jump isn't useless. you can use it to punish BA's divekick (and you may hit on block trying) or HG's charge, to air to air someone for full combo, to crossup or fake crossup in corner, to not die vs cyborg, to kill some wakeup, etc..

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
His jump isn't useless. you can use it to punish BA's divekick (and you may hit on block trying) or HG's charge, to air to air someone for full combo, to crossup or fake crossup in corner, to not die vs cyborg, to kill some wakeup, etc..
In a game where no one has an anti air jumping is always viable

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Hellion_96 did you test if j2 well timed let you get off a f2? i don't jump habit from using cage in MK9
Yes if you link it in right b2 f2 and d1 cannot be interupted. I played a flash mirror and every time he jumped in he did f2 and I could not interrupt that's why I tested this stuff in the first place.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yes if you link it in right b2 f2 and d1 cannot be interupted. I played a flash mirror and every time he jumped in he did f2 and I could not interrupt that's why I tested this stuff in the first place.
nice even more mix up opportunities, i am starting to believe this character is very good, solid top 10 perhaps. he has his problems, and has to work hard in some MU's, but just all these set ups and his damage..... and his corner game. i wish he had a faster b2, fixed mids, and speed dodge as a 1 frame start up. with those small buffs he would be really good, he is already but even more deadly.

also i heard great things from slim about your flash, but we haven't played yet........ hopefully you find this game more fun in the future so we can play. also you live near philly right?

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
nice even more mix up opportunities, i am starting to believe this character is very good, solid top 10 perhaps. he has his problems, and has to work hard in some MU's, but just all these set ups and his damage..... and his corner game. i wish he had a faster b2, fixed mids, and speed dodge as a 1 frame start up. with those small buffs he would be really good, he is already but even more deadly.

also i heard great things from slim about your flash, but we haven't played yet........ hopefully you find this game more fun in the future so we can play. also you live near philly right?
Haha what did slim say? his deathstroke has givin me strokes but yea like i said before i pretty much dropped injustice and havnt played in over a week so I'm probably terrible now.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Haha what did slim say? his deathstroke has givin me strokes but yea like i said before i pretty much dropped injustice and havnt played in over a week so I'm probably terrible now.
he said you were the best flash he has played, so only good things from him. and its okay if you don't like this game i won't force you to play it.

DRE

(--o--)
I always test jump attacks with all my characters against lex and set corp charge(6 frame startup) as his reversal. The cpu can only be set to reversal attack with specials and not normal pokes, so this is what I use to simulate the opponent mashing jabs after blocking something. I'm assuming people already knew about this.

J1 I think is a good air to ground attack for combos mainly because it barely scales the combo damage at all (unlike J2 which scales quite a bit), but it doesn't give as much advantage on block. I think the in-game frame data is a bit misleading if you're looking at jump attacks from a street fighter perspective. In this game you must view the jump attack as the start of a chain combo. You can do J1 into d12, 112, or 21 safely from any height without being interrupted. B2 and F2 can be used to counter hit them after J1 as well, but you have to do the J1 really close to the ground.

Overall I think J2 is better because of superior frame advantage. This aspect of the flash is really good because you can just do J2 straight into b22 without fear. B22 being +3 on block (in addition to how slow the entire animation is) makes it a really good confirm. You get to keep the pressure on and still interrupt with d1 if they block it. This is one of the main reasons I picked this character.

J2 for air to air also great because it hits 3 times and as a result, it stays active longer. It keeps them in the air longer, so it gives more time to land and get a b22 into special. It's good against people who like to use armored b3 when you rush them down. It also breaks the armor of certain characters' slow supers like lex, joker and aquaman as long as it's timed right.