What's new

Breakthrough - Hellfire Flame Aura Hitbox

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

The very tip of that little flame that is a limb away from scorpion has active frames, which of course hits you when you're trying to punish it after the move gets activated, as much as i love Scorpion i think this is a bit unfair, but is has been there since the beginning, if its not going away now though.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Agree, I always thought that hitbox was too big. Anyway, I doubt anything signficant changes in the game from now on.

The very tip of that little flame that is a limb away from scorpion has active frames, which of course hits you when you're trying to punish it after the move gets activated, as much as i love Scorpion i think this is a bit unfair, but is has been there since the beginning, if its not going away now though.
@eddywang, simple question about scorpion, his ninj. variation, his 114 is a push back and safe with a BA -2 I think, how am I able to punish his 114 with my f33xxdb2+R2~nip~jip~bf4 , I can do this frequently, and the data says otherwise , blue dragon

Meep8345

Noob
I think everyone that's played hellfire knows this. It's fair honestly he should be able to get it up kinda for free. Now if scorpion had advancing mids and jailing pressure like A list it would make it kinda a problem.

Nedyrc

Noob
Im okay with the range but i think aura should suck you in on block like kung lao's spin to make it easier to punish

Matix218

Get over here!
Im okay with the range but i think aura should suck you in on block like kung lao's spin to make it easier to punish

No freaking way. Hellfire scorpion already has garbage armor with a risk reward that is always in the opponent's favor. And gets out footsied by most of the cast. The one awesome thing about flame aura is that it makes people think twice about running or jumping in. It is already punishable on block, why does it need to be punished on block at long range too? It doesn't even make sense aesthetically in the context of the move. Flame aura is fire, but KL spin is a tornado spin so it makes sense that the air would suck you in, but not for fire

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
eddy you have the weirdest complaints sometimes.....

anyways. the real issue with flame aura is that it jails off of 21 whenever it feels like it. i think its a breathing hit box issue or something.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight

It is not unfair because when a character like Sonya Blades arch kick can bypass it every time even the ex version of flame aura, it becomes useless against certain types of overhead and air attacks. Try it and you'll see.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
Once Scorpion is hit it shuts down, projectiles shut it down, ground tremors/pounds shut it down, overheads shut it down, interactables shut it down, armored specials and moves shut it down, xrays shut it down. How much more useless do you want that flame aura to be Eddy? Like really.