What's new

Fix the ragequit glitch

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Rant time, motherfuckers.

Auckland, New Zealand. 11:00-ish-am. I am in my front room, ass planted firmly on couch, body tingling with readiness and controller firmly in hand. I turn on my PS3 and select Injustice: Gods Among Us (you may have heard of it). I go straight to online mode and select 1v1 Player Match, since the game still won't let me join or create rooms for some reason.

My first batch consisted of around fifteen matches, I think. Two of them ended in ragequits. I go back online about two hours later. I played three matches before I created this thread, ALL OF WHICH ENDED IN FUCKING SCRUBS RAGEQUITTING. Now, in general I don't care about my records. Ragequitting doesn't annoy me that much either. It still pisses me off that my opponent is such a immature little tit that they decide to run away as the piss trickles down their legs because they're losing one match in a video game out of the God-kn0ws-how-many matches they'll play in their life, but I can usually deal with it. However, when I get ragequitters OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again (in succession) and all of them are recorded as losses for ME (you know, the person who didn't actually ragequit) just because my opponent is either a massive fucking crybaby or an eight-year-old that got their mommy to buy them this game for their birthday, that shit pisses me off.

hecterrific, colt. Seriously guys. I love this damn game. Sure it's got input bug, I can't join or create rooms or view my Hero Card online and I get losses for ragequits, but apart from that this is probably my favourite fighting game of all time. Please, for the love of God, patch this bullshit out. I can't believe I'm even complaining about something as ridiculous as this. Let me repeat myself: My opponent ragequits. I get the loss.

How in the name of fuck does that make any sense?

Uuuuuuuuuugh.

Well, that's finally off my chest. Just had to get that out because I am fucking FUUUUMIIIING right now. So yeah. Just, uh... patch that shit out, guys. I don't know how you could let something like that make it into the game but I want you to remember that I still love you all anyway.

P.S. Captain Underpants for DLC.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Oh no, my W/L ratio is not completely accurate. Better kill myself.
Lol.

I agree with TS. It's lame that you get a loss when they ragequit. It's better to keep records as truthful as possible. It's dumb when you look at your record and you have to think twice about how many losses and wins you should really have. And while it's purely to boost your ego and whatever, some people including myself like to keep a somewhat good looking record as it is one of the motivations to get better and keep playing

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I understand that I probably sound like a record whore and I might be making a bigger deal of this than I should, but I have a short fuse and when I get five ragequits (three of which were in succession) and get the losses for all of them, I get just a liiiiitttle bit pissed.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Honestly I have no idea why people play ranked in this game. What's the point of getting inescapably paired up with someone from a different country or the other side of your own country and forced to play over a terrible connection? Player match you can actually seek out good opponents with good connections, not to mention the modes (king of the hill, survival) are so much more fun.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Honestly I have no idea why people play ranked in this game. What's the point of getting inescapably paired up with someone from a different country or the other side of your own country and forced to play over a terrible connection? Not to mention the player match modes (king of the hill, survival) are so much more fun.
What you said has nothing to do with the OP. Not to mention PS3 is region locked.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Honestly I have no idea why people play ranked in this game. What's the point of getting inescapably paired up with someone from a different country or the other side of your own country and forced to play over a terrible connection? Player match you can actually seek out good opponents with good connections, not to mention the modes (king of the hill, survival) are so much more fun.
I don't even know what the difference between Ranked and Player matches are in this game. Aren't Player matches supposed to be the ones that don't come up in your records?

Komatose

The Prettiest
I don't even know what the difference between Ranked and Player matches are in this game. Aren't Player matches supposed to be the ones that don't come up in your records?
No. Player matches do. But ranked is more "looked at" for certain things.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
What you said has nothing to do with the OP. Not to mention PS3 is region locked.
Not sure what region lock has to do with my post. You're aware regions are made up of multiple countries, right?

Also yes, I just assumed the OP was referring to ranked matches, as why else would anyone care enough about their record to make a thread complaining about it, but it looks I was mistaken, which is even more sad.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
No. Player matches do. But ranked is more "looked at" for certain things.
Yeah, but I mean in other fighters Ranked matches come up in your records but Player matches don't. For the people who get bodied constantly and don't have to feel bad about it. In this game both show up, which makes them pretty much pointless.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly, I don't see it as that big of an issue. Deathstrokes are easy to beat, and I personally don't play for record. The whole "you can't back out or it counts as a loss" kinda sucks, and I agree its something they should patch since some people do indeed take it seriously. I'm not going to say your argument is invalid because its not, even though I can't relate. I give you my best wishes and hope that it does become fixed sometime in the near future.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Not sure what region lock has to do with my post. You're aware regions are made up of multiple countries, right?

Also yes, I just assumed the OP was referring to ranked matches, as why else would anyone care enough about their record to make a thread complaining about it, but it looks I was mistaken, which is even more sad.
This is what you said:

No one is getting paired up on a different country on PSN. It is region locked. Are you following me here? Now... In both player matches and ranked matches, you get a loss if someone ragequites. Why on Earth would you want a loss because of a cheater, basically?

And what is sad about complaining about cheaters? How about you get out.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Honestly, I don't see it as that big of an issue. Deathstrokes are easy to beat, and I personally don't play for record. The whole "you can't back out or it counts as a loss" kinda sucks, and I agree its something they should patch since some people do indeed take it seriously. I'm not going to say your argument is invalid because its not, even though I can't relate. I give you my best wishes and hope that it does become fixed sometime in the near future.
No, it should count as loss. But not for the person who didn't back out... Right now it's giving the loss to both players. Which is shitty, if you ask me.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I get what you're saying, and while it may sound like it, I don't play for record. I don't go online, own a bunch of scrubs and fap to my 90% winrate. If I did that I would never improve. I just think this glitch is seriously unfair, especially when I get it over... and over... and over again in quick succession.

I think this issue is legit but what about the ping bar not working in player matches? I'm on PSN btw. I can see ping bars in player rooms but when using the player match search function I can never see my opponents ping bar so I can;t tell whether it will be laggy or not before I play. Whats the point of having the ping bar in that mode if it doesn't work?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
This is why I take challenges from anyone. Also, I hope none of you are looking at ranked too much, because mine will be pitifully low. It takes far to long to find a match and half the time people decline so I don't even bother with it. I have <10 ranked matches on mk. I probably won't be using it much in Injustice. :(

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I have played 7 ranked matches, and haven't finished a single one of them. My Aquaman must be THAT good. I believe 5 of them were Death Strokes, and most of them quit right after I took their first life bar. I guess they didn't like to be not just zoned, but out zoned. I don't even know why I try. Ranked is horrible because its filled with dick heads like that. Player match for life!!