What's new

First game you bought/played for your Xbox360/PS3?

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
I thought it'd be cool to find out what everyone's first game was on their console.
Post either the first game you bought for it or the first one you played or even both!

*EDIT* The first game i played infact was Call of Duty 3 on the Xbox 360.
the first game i bought for it was Bioshock, which come on, is a pretty freaking good first buy.

redeyes

Button Masher
Nawwh Diagonal rolling makes the movement 100x better in Gow3.
Apart from that it's remained pretty much the same.
no gow 1 will always be the best of the 3 hands down. No stopping power Bullshit. 11 sniper shots for 8 or w/e 1 shot active downs ;D
And supermans and spidermans were so sexy back then.

i spent most of my life from the age of like 13-15 playing Gears 1 Gears 3 i played for like a month and sold it back. just isnt the same. )':

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
no gow 1 will always be the best of the 3 hands down. No stopping power Bullshit. 11 sniper shots for 8 or w/e 1 shot active downs ;D
And supermans and spidermans were so sexy back then.
I still think they got progressively better Gow1 was hella hard to play multiplayer aswell if you didn't already have a tonne of experience, it seems with Gow3 most players can pick it up and enjoy it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Rainbow Six:Vegas was my first game on the 360. I wasn't too familiar with gaming at the time so I was playing a bunch of shitty random games.(Conan , Fantastic 4 , Transformers lol)

Second game that I could actually call a game was Crackdown.

redeyes

Button Masher
I still think they got progressively better Gow1 was hella hard to play multiplayer aswell if you didn't already have a tonne of experience, it seems with Gow3 most players can pick it up and enjoy it.
thats the thing. I dont like games that are noob friendly. where anyone can pick it up and be good. i Like having to put in time on a game to be good at it. Thats what wrong with games now a days they are all too casual friendly. GAME DEVELOPERS GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS PLS ):

Gears 1 multiplayer has to be one of the best if not the best times i had playing online.

the funny glitches ( kung fu backflip , Crabwalking sky diving)
Ranked matches and running into youtube heros and fangirling over them
Sniper battles oh man those things -_-

Gears 1 will have a huge place in my heart <3

My 1st gears 1 montage aww man its sooo bad <3

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
thats the thing. I dont like games that are noob friendly. where anyone can pick it up and be good. i Like having to put in time on a game to be good at it. Thats what wrong with games now a days they are all too casual friendly. GAME DEVELOPERS GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS PLS ):
Yes and no to be honest i like some games where you can just pick up and go and not be blatted every second with no tip on how to play well, it then becomes huge game enthusiasts getting to squash casual players.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yes and no to be honest i like some games where you can just pick up and go and not be blatted every second with no tip on how to play well, it then becomes huge game enthusiasts getting to squash casual players.
There has to be a balance.A game needs to be accessible but it also needs to be able to seperate the big boys to the kiddies.

It's a hard balance to create so you can't blame devs.But when some of them actually DO nail that balance, most of the time you see the game doing VERY VERY well.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not even gonna get into the argument but gow3 > gow1. And that's from a guy that had 15k in gow1. Lol

First game played: Quake 4 (LOL I rented it.)
First game bought: Unsure. I'll edit later.
First game played over xbl: GoW 1

redeyes

Button Masher
There has to be a balance.A game needs to be accessible but it also needs to be able to seperate the big boys to the kiddies.

It's a hard balance to create so you can't blame devs.But when some of them actually DO nail that balance, most of the time you see the game doing VERY VERY well.
halo 2?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
First game I played on the 360 was Halo 2. It was an original XBOX game of course, but the 360 came out when H2 was still popular. The first 360 game I played on the 360 was Gears of War, sooo gooood!

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.

I think Halo 3 had that balance though, not entirely perfect but it had the balance where plenty of the lower skilled players could still play fairly well on occasion, but us Players with the high amount of skill could show them up.
I guess True skill kept them separate though not to discourage the bad players from the multiplayer so Halo 3 has a brilliant balance imo.