What's new

Final Round 17 Injustice Top 8 Set For Sunday at 11 AM on teamsp00ky

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Injustice goes so quick. Started ten minutes late and already in Losers finals with 45 minutes of scheduled time left.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
Man... that 16-Bit/Sonic Fox match. Batgirl is just nuts... she needs like a %30 damage nerf. 56% damage is way too much damage for a vortex character with a teleport and freezing projectile. God damn.

RIF

Noob
Putting people 'On Blast' when the other person isn't there to defend themselves? There is a rash of extremely passive aggressive in this community. As a player and a commentator, he is fantastic. @Tom Brady you have asked people NOT to be classless multiple times on multiple podcasts? If @WoundCowboy made those comments on stream would you be okay with it?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Putting people 'On Blast' when the other person isn't there to defend themselves? There is a rash of extremely passive aggressive in this community. As a player and a commentator, he is fantastic. @Tom Brady you have asked people NOT to be classless multiple times on multiple podcasts? If @WoundCowboy made those comments on stream would you be okay with it?
The thing is, Tom never means what he says -- he just means it for the moment. It's the same as WWE where a character lulls people to sleep with a certain angle and then drastically changes it up to get a reaction out of everyone.

Whenever he says "I will never" or "I don't X anymore" just make a note that a complete 180 is coming up.

The one thing that never changes is that Tom will do whatever is necessary to keep people talking about him, and that's why people either love him or hate him.

P.S. Tom we have some talking to do about some of your highly questionable statements this weekend.. I expect to see you in my office next week :p

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I love This game
In mk9 I expect my characters to make top 8 ( kitana )
Now I'm so hype when Harley or Catwoman makes top 8.

Notice this Batman's first non top 8 placing

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Perfect example in @9.95 . He didnt play at a high level but was an amazing commentator. Also it isnt up to anyone but the TO and sp00ky on who commentates. Ive heard ultra david do injustice commentary and I do have to say that he is a natural
But 9.95 is one of the main assets of the MK community, he played MK for decades, he is one of the most respectable members from the mk community, but Ultradavid? Again, he is a natural for Capcom games but not for MK nor IGAU.
I never liked the "if you're not a top player/strong competitor you shouldn't commentate". Anyone can study frame data and gain vast knowledge of the game without being able to actually use it practically for one reason or another. Hell, look at pro sports commentators, they do play by play and break down plays and most of them haven't seen day one on the field.
I said player that played at the highest level, and I think I should be more clear; what I mean by that is a person that compites in tournaments so he knows how is the highest level competition, not necessarily that he places top 8 or anything like that. Again, Ultradavid maybe knows Imjustice, but he don't know the IGAU competition, plus I would like to see more exposure of members from this community, we have commentator talent here you know, let the Capcom guys have Ultradavid while we support people from this community. Oh, and I didn't say that if you didn't place high you can't commentate, is not about place but about knowledge and game experience, obviously how do you speech and articulate is important..

Last edited:

pherleece

Woolay
But 9.95 is one of the main assets of the MK community, he played MK for decades, he is one of the most respectable members from the mk community, but Ultradavid? Again, he is a natural for Capcom games but not for MK nor IGAU.

I said player that played at the highest level, and I think I should be more clear; what I mean by that is a person that compites in tournaments so he knows how is the highest level competition, not necessarily that he places top 8 or anything like that. Again, Ultradavid maybe knows Imjustice, but he don't know the IGAU competition, plus I would like to see more exposure of members from this community, we have commentator talent here you know, let the Capcom guys have Ultradavid while we support people from this community. Oh, and I didn't say that if you didn't place high you can't commentate, is not about place but about knowledge and game experience, obviously how do you speech and articulate is important..
Im not saying that because he is a naturally good capcom commentator that he would be good at injustice too. Im saying I heard him commentate injustice and he was better than most people that ever take a mic and he knows a lot more about the game than you think.

Tom was the better choice regardless