What's new

Fighting against Skarlet

So I notice that Skarlet has a ridiculously small, or doesn't even have one, window to punish off her teleport. I usually play sub zero and when I play a good Skarlet I can't zone at all, she is always in my face. It feels like I can't punish at all. Help.

Maybe the Skarlets I've played haven't been responding properly, but I've been able to punish her teleport. It does seem to be safer than most offensive teleports though. I main Sub-Zero too and have found relatively consistent success by punishing her teleport with 2,2, Ice Ball, (insert favorite combo her).

Maybe the Skarlets I've played haven't been responding properly, but I've been able to punish her teleport. It does seem to be safer than most offensive teleports though. I main Sub-Zero too and have found relatively consistent success by punishing her teleport with 2,2, Ice Ball, (insert favorite combo her).
Okay awesome thanks. I will try to the 2,2, Ice Ball next Skartlet matchup!

Making assumptions is usually a bad thing so I figured I'd throw in some basic advice just to be sure lol. 2,2 is a fantastic string. It can be cancelled into an Ice Ball for a big combo, it can cancel into Slide for a low mix-up, 2,2,2 ends with an overhead, and 2,2,4 can create space if it lands and can cancel into an Ice Clone. 2,2 is fast, safe, has a monster hit box, and is really flexible.

If you already know all that, sorry, I wasn't being condescending just making sure. If not, hopefully that helps you in the future. =)

Making assumptions is usually a bad thing so I figured I'd throw in some basic advice just to be sure lol. 2,2 is a fantastic string. It can be cancelled into an Ice Ball for a big combo, it can cancel into Slide for a low mix-up, 2,2,2 ends with an overhead, and 2,2,4 can create space if it lands and can cancel into an Ice Clone. 2,2 is fast, safe, has a monster hit box, and is really flexible.

If you already know all that, sorry, I wasn't being condescending just making sure. If not, hopefully that helps you in the future. =)
That was helpful not condescending, no worries ;) thanks.

Maybe this thread could be used more generally. "How to deal with Skarlet's dirty tricks." :)

tip #1: After she dash cancels her dagger Skarlet CANNOT block for a few frames so you can punish her with a teleport or whatever (credit to REO)

Touche, good sir lol.

Maybe this thread could be used more generally. "How to deal with Skarlet's dirty tricks." :)

tip #1: After she dash cancels her dagger Skarlet CANNOT block for a few frames so you can punish her with a teleport or whatever (credit to REO)
A handy tip. Would a "How to deal with Skarlet's dirty tricks" thread need to be moved to the Skarlet thread or would it be ok here?