What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Well guys, I wish I could say it was fun, but getting your ass kicked is never fun, lol. It's all good. I did have fun. It was great putting some faces to the names and playing my favorite game against some top tier players. You guys are all great. Sorry I couldn't stick around and congratulate the winners/finalists, but I have an early flight tomorrow. Catch you all later.

EDIT: Congrats to NoDoubt!

Last edited:
Where's the results thread? Someone needs to get on that!

Ggs everyone, disappointed I got 2nd but the best player won! Congrats @NoDoubt
I'll get one up as soon as I have access to a PC. Still on my phone

Congrats to @NoDoubt ! All the way through the winners bracket. Also congrats to @Juggs and sp1c unit.
1. NoDoubt
2. Juggs
3. Sp1c Unit
4. McLov1ns
5. Dubson
5. Drakonian
7. DDY_08
7. TheDrewsus
9. Darius
9. Yourmkarcadesource
9. Ziggy
9. Trukuu
13. Twiztid World

Thanks everyone for coming out, @Osirun and everyone at arcade legacy, @9.95 for the awesome awards, and @Killer Cam Whitmore for the bankroll. I couldn't have imagined having such an awesome time or an event that went as smooth as it did!

Was probably the best full UMK3 tournament I have seen. I blew it by screwing up the dates but would have been free to all anyway.

Would love to see another one next year - maybe some sort of community effort could even get a bigger pot or some way to have more people be able to travel for it. UMK3 roadshow leading to a World Cup?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Was probably the best full UMK3 tournament I have seen. I blew it by screwing up the dates but would have been free to all anyway.

Would love to see another one next year - maybe some sort of community effort could even get a bigger pot or some way to have more people be able to travel for it. UMK3 roadshow leading to a World Cup?
Ya never know what I've got up my sleeve...

When: Feb 20, 2016, 2PM-Midnight

Where: Arcade Legacy, 662 Cincinnati Mills Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45240

That Get it in Ohio UMK3 Tournament

$1000 Grand Prize
Winner gets the Whole Thang
When it comes to the Pie we just don't break it down.

Prize Money Sponsorship by IHadBass and Family.
Largest UMK3 payout ever

The MAIN event will be UMK3 on MAME, but also will run TE on the side and MK2 - there is an MK2 machine at Arcade Legacy if we don't have the resources to do it on Mame (I have 2 PC's right now that I can run UMK3 and TE on). There is also an MK2 machine (buttons are in great shape) there, as is a UMK3 machine, though I believe the sticks really need some work. But bring your own sticks and pads for mame!

Can probably have casuals before and after, and maybe even the Friday night before. This would be an awesome event to really hash out who's come into their own since the OG days. (IE, back up your talk. lol )

When - Feb 20, 2016, 2pm-midnight

Where: Arcade Legacy - 662 Cincinnati Mills Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45240
$10 cover to get in, $10 entry fee to UMK3 tournament. With the $1000 grand prize, we will split 2nd/3rd place based on 75/25% of entry fees. If we have 20+ show up, cover fee will be knocked down to $7 each.

Games
Side games/casuals
UMK3:TE
N64 MKT
MK2 (Mame and/or Arcade Legacy has a great MK2 cab)
If @nwo can make it or if I can get his mame build for 2v2 UMK3, we can get 2v2 team kombat in there. These are side games and I'd be cool with drawing up some brackets or whatever, but no prize money involved here.

Main Event
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. - Double elimination tournament
Casuals, other games from 2-6. Break for food, and UMK3 Tournament starts around 7:15-7:30.

UMK3 Tournament Rules
1v1
Played on Juggernaut hack, gameplay as is. Human Smoke selectable on screen, but Robot Smoke can morph to Human smoke before any round.
Noob is banned
Winner stays with character.
3 out of 5 match play, 4 out of 7 winners/losers/grand finals.

The winners bracket and all finals will be streamed. twitch.tv/arcadelegacy
@Osirun

As far as logistics go, getting here from out of town, I'm still working on that one. Will update more as time goes on.

@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS @Ziggy @UndefinedRican @nwo @Drakonian @Killer Cam Whitmore @Shock @Mikemetroid @dubson @DemoniChris @ddy_08 @Biggs @AnTi @Sharks_Breath @lapse138 @Konqrr @NoDoubt @Juggs @Miridia
@Plinko Chip @7L

(feel free to tag others)
Hey, that's cute.
@Juggs can you see/call out the dick mod that edited my post and dissed bass?

Such yellow bellied BS
Mod goes back and edits someone else's post without telling them...making fun of the dude that sponsored the event. Don't expect that adolescent pettiness out of a mod.

Last edited:

Tim Static

Adminerator
And here I only thought it was players with talent that had ego issues.
Abuse of power to be sure. Sad.
What? I didn't edit that shit. Only I've done was promote this tourney. Last time i edited i tried to get the stream link to actually hyper link so viewers could point & click instead of copying & pasting. You got a lot of nerve, especially since for the good of the game & this tourney we decided to let it fly when we all knew what was going on. Any other time, it would have been removed completely. But again, Im abusing my powers..........Rrright.

What? I didn't edit that shit. Only I've done was promote this tourney. Last time i edited i tried to get the stream link to actually hyper link so viewers could point & click instead of copying & pasting. You got a lot of nerve, especially since for the good of the game & this tourney we decided to let it fly when we all knew what was going on. Any other time, it would have been removed completely. But again, Im abusing my powers..........Rrright.
I misconstrued juggs post. My bad. No harm intended.
Who did it??

Last edited:

Tim Static

Adminerator
I misconstrued juggs post. My bad. No harm intended.
Who did it?
Only other person it could have been is you. I was the only one to make any edits to the thread, and I wouldn't do that, despite what anyone might think. I supported this the best i could, tho i got very sick the morning of and didn't get to catch any of the stream live, which bummed me out. (ive watched some since then tho). But no, drama is the last thing I want to be a part of.

Only other person it could have been is you. I was the only one to make any edits to the thread, and I wouldn't do that, despite what anyone might think. I supported this the best i could, tho i got very sick the morning of and didn't get to catch any of the stream live, which bummed me out. (ive watched some since then tho). But no, drama is the last thing I want to be a part of.
Sucks you got sick, it was a great time.

I never edited that post though. Weird

Tim Static

Adminerator
Sucks you got sick, it was a great time.

I never edited that post though. Weird
As great as the tourney was, seemed like Nick's (McLovins) MK kave is what i missed out on the most lol. But yea, it was a triple whammy: Got sick, being sick made me miss out on family get-together AND i missed this too.