What's new

Favorite Reptile Strategies?

I've seen alot of posts in this forum some about combos some just general discussion but nobody ever really shares any of their favorite strategies when playing with reptile. I figured it would help alot of people out who may not be playing reptile to his full potential and can help some newers players pick him up and not just dash spam the whole time. just a few things i like to do and have been working on while using reptile:

- ending combos with invisibility: this is mainly for mind games and causes huge advantage against people not expecting it especially useful on dark maps where he becomes a real pain to see.

- slow forceball, dash setups: by far my favorite way to get in on the characters that are a pain to jump in on ( Kitana, Kung Lao, Kano ect....) have them block against the forceball and dash whiff with a cross over punch most of the time they either get punished or hit with the sfb.

There's a few to get started i didn't want to put up all of mine in the first post so that way this isn't just a thread where one guy puts up to much and nobody has anything to post.

Recently, I like whiffing an elbow dash at just the right distance so rep stops in front of the opponent and then 321 slide/spit/whatever u want to do. People online fall for it a lot cause they will let go of block and attempt to punish thinking that the dash was blocked but a whiffed dash has pretty much no recovery time so yeah! they get kicked in the face instead.

Props to whoever I saw do it on youtube....don't remember who it was tho.

321acid hand is a good string to get used to when the opponent is blocking. The acid hand is an ovehead, good chip and safe on block.

d3~acidhand is a great little technique to get use to. to 'check them'

other then that i wouldnt really suggesting using naked acid hands

althoughyou can always hit a turtler with a naked ex acid hand to pop them up for a juggle (goes through projectiles too, but pointless sense noone should shoot projectiles at that close of range lol)

i think invinsibility is a dumb combo ender, sfb or exsfb is way better for that constant pressure you were talking about. Ex invisiblity might be worth it though under the right circumstance.

i like to elbowdash across the opponent whilst they are knocked down, traveling across the other side of the screen to reverse their wake up controls and remain zoning, applying sfb pressure as their wake up attempt fails.

sLeeK

Noob
Pretty much every strategy I use online has already been said ^

Without these forums/streams I would still be a scrub, thanks go to all the rep users.. thtb, chris g, rapzilla, milk, and everyone else who contributes. You guys are amazing <33

There is one thing I like to do and I hope I don't get bashed for it.. While next to the opponent while they're playing dead I like to charge EXSFB and they either get hit by it or they block it the sfb glitches and they get hit that way. Shady stuff I know many ragequits have occurred using this method :X

I usually do a d4-acidhand to keep players in check.

I like to try to anticipate a jump in the air by the opponent and do a njp~full combo. I feel it's a low risk move (worse case you eat a jump kick) with a huge payoff if I land the njp. This isn't advisable against jax, smoke, scorp, (kick + air throw) and smoke/sektor/kitana (jump kick + teleport/fan)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
after a juggle and you end 321, ex slowfb, i dash and do a 1,2,2,slide since it hits high, high, mid, low and pretty hard to block since most are not familiar with that string.. then i dash in again and do a 1,2,2,acid hand, andthen dash do a ex slide which hits them into the ball and continue the juggle...

believe it or not ive actuallydone this successfully many times online

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
also its nice to know that if you you release a slowfb at full screen and dash then slideright away, if timed right the slide will hit them right before the fb and will launch them up for a combo

I like to elbowdash foward then dash back to bait out moves like noobs unpknee. Then punish with spit/elbow dash. Most of the time you can just block and punish but shit like his upknee which are safe on block are a pain.