What's new

Favorite design for MK Mains

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
So I was wondering what was everyone's favorite design/skin was for MK mains. The BIG challenge is.... only choose one (it was almost impossible for me!).

I have been playing this game since the first one so it is a looooong list, but, these are my faves...

Raiden

Main: MK / MK4 / MKvsDC
Secondary: MK2 / MK9
Favorite skin: MK1

Kitana

Main: MK2 / MKA / MKvsDC / MK9 / MKX
Secondary: MKDA / MK11
Favorite Skin: MK2 and MKX/11 remakes (sooooooo hard!)

Mileena

Main: MK2
Secondary: MKD / MK9 / MKX / MK11
Favorite skin: MKX

Sindel

Main: MK3 / MK11
Favorite skin: MK11

Tanya

Main: MK4 / MKX
Favorite skin: MKX

Li Mei

Main: MKDA
Secondary: MKD/MKA
Favorite skin: MK1

Ashrah

Main: MKD / MKA
Favorite skin: MKD (almost a tie!)

Ermac

Main: MK9
Favorite skin: MKD

What are yours?

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
This was tough, but I did my best.

MK9 Bi-Han Sub-Zero. I love that it's a relatively simple Lin-Kuei design, but with a bunch of belts and spikes added. It just makes Bi-Han look like such an edgy boy, and I think it suits him very well. That being said, MK1 Bi-Han looks really, really good too, and I love the manbun. Sub-Zero (almost) always has great costumes, so it was hard to choose.

Deception/Armageddon Mileena. Always loved this design, especially the ponytail and veil combination. If there's one thing I REALLY miss about console-era Mileena, it's the veil. I love how you can just barely see her teeth underneath, and I think it was such a great design choice for her character. I really hope we get an outfit with a veil again soon. Also, even though I like the ponytail, I think her messy MKX hair is my favorite hairstyle for her, and I hope to see that return as well.

Deception Smoke. My favorite Cyborg design in all of MK. I just think it looks so sleek and cool, and I love the color combinations along with the red eyes. Also, the tubes and buttons everywhere just make it look very retro-futuristic if that makes any sense. Ironically, it's paired with my least favorite Noob costume in all of MK.

Deadly Alliance Frost. I've been a fan of Frost since her first debut, and I just love her outfit. Similar to Sub-Zero, I think the simple Lin-Kuei outfit looks awesome with just the black and blue coloring. Her spiky/icy blue hair combined with her dark makeup and constant glare gives her such an attitude that you can tell she's a troublemaker just by looking at her. Honestly, I'm really tired of her "classic" outfit being anything other than this one, and I really hope this is an option in MK1.

MKX Erron Black. I knew I would main Erron Black the moment he showed up in the MKX comic. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I think a wandering semi-immortal Outworld gunslinger is just so cool. I particularly liked how he would use makeshift weapons like the tarkatan sword, and how he would use pocket sand. His sort of brawling fighting style was cool too, and set him apart from the special forces and kung-fu guys on the cast. Also, him being really mysterious (or underwritten, if you want to be more cynical) really made me even more interested in the character. Sadly, I think they butchered him beyond repair in MK11 by making him some generic cowboy thug in the black dragon. Even his moveset was lame with the goofy dynamite and the focus on his rifle.

Last edited:

chrisisnice

View attachment 20821

Deception/Armageddon Mileena. Always loved this design, especially the ponytail and veil combination. If there's one thing I REALLY miss about console-era Mileena, it's the veil. I love how you can just barely see her teeth underneath, and I think it was such a great design choice for her character. I really hope we get an outfit with a veil again soon. Also, even though I like the ponytail, I think her messy MKX hair is my favorite hairstyle for her, and I hope to see that return as well.
OMG I loved the veil!!!

MKD had some of the best costumes.

EDIT:

AND stages!!!

Last edited:

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Smoke - MK9 Alt
Ermac - MK9 Alt
Kung Lao - MKX Alt ( Yeah i love long haired Lao )
Erron Black - MKX Default ( The Eye Makeup is so good )
Shang Tsung - Tagawa MK11
Raiden - Lambert MK11
Kabal - MK3

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The Biggest content robbery in any NRS game, making the vita alternate costumes vita exclusive and not having them on PC or consoles releases.

Skarlet Alternate PS Vita Costume easily

When this character was introduced in MK9, she was the most Ninja, a Ninja was ever in any MK game, i mean, she had the weapons, (Twin Fumma Kodachi, Kunais) and even hand seals, while her main costume was mostly because she absorbed blood through her skin, and was kinda off putting to some, the Vita costume, doubled down on the fact that she was already a Ninja, and was attractive as hell, every single Skarlet player wanted to wear this costume and play her.

So you understand our excitement when she was revealed in MK11, we were so excited that, we would be able to wear this costume using the old playstyle, only to be disappointed that now she is a fucking witch (how do you ditch Ninjutsu for Sorcery? FR WTF NRS!!)

Easily the best costume she ever got, and she lost both the gameplay and the costume, this one it's on league with Human frost from DA, miles ahead of anything they got later.

chrisisnice

Deception Mileena is something i'm yet to see someone hating on, the fact that her MK9 costume was baded upon speaks volumes about Deception Mileena
I think it is 100% her classic costume now.

The 3D titles were important in the development of all the female characters overall. Most of the costumes were well received.

The 3D era was particularly important for Kitana, Mileena and Jade. These titles were important in having the characters develop their own identities.

chrisisnice

Aaaaand it also had my favorite Shang Tsung costume...

I loved his snake and crane stances too. Really suited the character.