What's new

Fatalities: How do you use them?

I thought I would make a topic rather than having a convo in the GG thread on this.
In my opinion when playing MKII online against good players they won''t bother using fatalities very often for a number of reasons. These normally include things like not wanting to waste time and getting on with the next match, mutual respect that both players have seen them soooo many times they are hardly needed.
I'm not suggesting not using them at all but using them every match for 35 matches or whatever gets pretty tiresome when you just wanna hurry up to the next match.

What do you guys think about the use of fatalities? How do you use them in game?

Bo_DK

Noob
For me, i use a fatality everytime im in the fatality-spot when i do my final blow. This way i can make the move while the animation of the last move is in progress an perform the fatality the instant i can move again. This way i wont waste time even if im making fatality, not much anyways:)

the fatality I do the most is lao split in half fatality. it doesn't get old and its a lot of ways to do it. but i do get a little annoyed when really good players do all fatalities. I feel like dude cmon you and I have done each fatality 747000 times, lets just fight. who are you trying to impress? but a fatality every now and then isn't bad. but playing at a high level, doing nonstop fatalities get old and distracting(for me that is)

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Wario7414 said:
....but i do get a little annoyed when really good players do all fatalities. I feel like dude cmon you and I have done each fatality 747000 times, lets just fight. who are you trying to impress? but a fatality every now and then isn't bad. but playing at a high level, doing nonstop fatalities get old and distracting(for me that is)
Agreed.

The fatality I do the most is the lao hat decap cause it's a good challenge. I can hit it like 75% of the time but I have to work on it, especially with the lag being different every match. Overall I'll do fatalities once every 10 or 15 matches cause they're still fun to pop in there but it does get to me a little when it's every match. I see Liu Kangs Dragon and Scorps Toasty over and over and over and over. For some reason repetition bothers me (it's a personal problem :) ) and when they just do one fatality over and over it gets old quick. Also if someone is Cage it's almost a 99% guarantee that they'll do the triple head fatality. I just like doing the ones I rarely see just for the sake of something fresh (ie. Reptiles Inviso slice, Scorps non-toasty, cage single head decap)

I'd actaully say cage's single head decap is just as rare as scorps non-toasty!

I usually do Kangs cartwheel fatal late or Subs deep freeze to uppercut shatter but that is only once in a while. Mostly my fav finishers are the female and Shangs elbow or Barakas "Bitch Slap"

On my case, I use Fatalities every time I can. Even though, it is not my intention to show off or to humiliate my opponents. Fatalities are very well done and awesome additions to the fun of all MK games; they never get old or boring for me.
Greetings

im not a big fatality guy, but i do try "late" fatalitys everytime and after like 7 months of doing them i can pretty much do them every single time with anyone. those are fun because they are a challenge to learn, once you start doing them 2,3,4, times in a row on someone,they really get pissed.

but other then that i pretty much suck at being a fancy finisher.

Bo_DK

Noob
dookiebrain said:
im not a big fatality guy, but i do try "late" fatalitys everytime and after like 7 months of doing them i can pretty much do them every single time with anyone. those are fun because they are a challenge to learn, once you start doing them 2,3,4, times in a row on someone,they really get pissed.

If you teach me how to do them late once everytime, I´ll teach you have to make the speedy show-off once ;)

Bo_DK said:
dookiebrain said:

If you teach me how to do them late once everytime, I´ll teach you have to make the speedy show-off once ;)
honestly,i time it with the music on CERTAIN levels, i havent mastered the music timings on other levels yet,but the deadpool i nailed. there is a point where the music measure changes right before fatality time is up,thats when you do it. (4 seconds after you hit them and fatality comes up,4 real life seconds though because mk2 is 1.5 seconds per real life seconds,in other words a match is 90 seconds,but in real life its just 60 seconds)

dude, i have never done a speedy fatality,i will take you up on that offer

Vassago187 said:
My experience is a little different. I've only seen the non-toasty immolation online once, but I've seen the single head decap a bunch of times and I drop it in there regularly myself, just to change things up.

dudemcrude said:
Vassago187 said:
My experience is a little different. I've only seen the non-toasty immolation online once, but I've seen the single head decap a bunch of times and I drop it in there regularly myself, just to change things up.
I use the single head-decap all the time but I've never had it or the non-toasty done to me ever.

mostly just just friendships for me, they're challenging because of the hp/lp restriction on the final round, or if someone beats me like fifty times in a row ill try to throw down a babality on them.
as for the fatalities on thing i really like doing is the non-toasty after a round house kick.
just get into position throw a round house then fatality

Raven

Noob
I dont really have a set rule for fatalities if the guy is being stupid and turtling or spamming etc.. etc.. yea why not he deserves it. I usually stay away from friendship/baby I find these to be the insults of MK. friendship isent bad its just like hey I won dont ignore it. But I see baby as the big insult of the game. Only break that out if some one maybe beats me and T bags the whole game bc im working on some combo I cant do, like raidins shock grab HP HP torpedo (I get destroyed trying to practice that) and they think that they are like the best in the world so the ego starts going. Thats when the baby comes out.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I never drop friendships or babalities unless someone does it to me first, or the other player just stands there and stops playing. Be warned that if you start it, I will go for nothing but babalities.

Every once in a while I''ll do a fatality. Sometimes, very rarely I start dropping babalities and friendships when the player is pissing me off. I don't know if I'm the only one, but every once in a while I'll come across a player who style just pisses me off to no end. They don't have to be particularly good or cheesy, just something that bothers me about it.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
i'll definitely admit that when i'm playing high level matches and my opponent is doing fatalities over and over i get annoyed. just slows down the process. i know they're a part of the game but come on...

babalities and friendships i don't do unless provoked. if you play like a jackass or do one to me i'll do one every time i win. i think this game's been out long enough now that we've all seen them enough now to know that if someone is doing it, it's in disrespect. atleast in my opinion.

Kensidj said:
i'll definitely admit that when i'm playing high level matches and my opponent is doing fatalities over and over i get annoyed. just slows down the process. i know they're a part of the game but come on...

babalities and friendships i don't do unless provoked. if you play like a jackass or do one to me i'll do one every time i win. i think this game's been out long enough now that we've all seen them enough now to know that if someone is doing it, it's in disrespect. atleast in my opinion.

*Edit* Out of respect for Kensidj, whom I mentioned as "someone" and the fact that it was only two posts above me. I'm lazzy sorry.

Good topic^_^
I like to do fatalities even though I've been seeing them since 93. Someone made a good point about at high level playing to skip it but I'm definately not there yet and fatalities to me are still a nice F.U.

Having a high level player whoop my ass and then them not doing a fatality has pissed me off in the past(I'm like, " Oh yeah too good to do a fatality huh, lol? ") but I understand why some choose not to having read the mention reply.

I actually like seeing babalities and friendships because they are still funny to me even when people execute them on me. Lately I'll only do babalities to spam city m'er f'ers and friendships to people I stomp out over 10 x's in a row for their efforts.
I also like doing babalities to people who run the numbers down after being beaten 7 x's in a row. That shit is funny!

Sometimes I just stand there and do nothing when it says finish him. That seems to piss people right off, plus it's easier.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Davey_8000 said:
Sometimes I just stand there and do nothing when it says finish him. That seems to piss people right off, plus it's easier.
or be like Yung. Just finish them with a bunch of teabags and then a low toe :)

i like to finish with a nice roundhouse/uppercut for the most part. I've just seen em too many times to care to do them anymore. i do take babalities/friendships as a slight and will treat them with the same attitude and respect that they have shown me. After a friendship/babality anything goes.

esBeezy

Noob
it kind of depends on the situation but i like to play a story mode kind of. if someone picks raiden i'll normally pick shang or someone evil. maybe shang sent one of his minions like baraka or mileena to do the dirty work. if someone picks baraka i'll pick liu kang because baraka went to liu's scool an killed everyone right, so it's about revenge.

both players have to do their part at keeping things interesting or things get stale quick.
friendships and babalities only on certain levels and situations. a babality at THE ARENA with shao khan and the crowd is very funny, if you can position it right. mileena's flower friendship is perfect on certain levels like THE WASTELAND.

you can't try for friendship twice tho. If you don't get it at your first attempt, just play to win.

Iko

Noob
Situational....

Kang/Mileena spammers will ALWAYS recieve fatality, babality or friendship.....ALWAYS;

If opponent fatalities first -- fatalities from then on out..sorry just the way it is;

If I suspect net tools etc. --- fatalities / babalities from then on;

If opponent babs or friends -- thats all I will do unless I go for the coup de grace....Tsung Kintaro

The only fatality I will do every time is Rep's Invisible slash....I love it......I just wish we could do it like the AI as when it performs, the turning invisible is actually part of the fatality sequence....not a precursor