What's new

Fallout 3

leek

Noob
Get a Fallout 3 appreciation thread goin' on here?

This is by far my favorite RPG and I play it often.. Just about done with every quest on pc.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
thats weird you made this thread. I really enjoyed fallout 3 as well but haven't played it in a good while. Here lately ive been playing new vegas just downloaded all the DLC available, but I have ran into a bug that is driving me crazy. For some reason I will be running then my character will stop and walk even when im holding the analog stick forward. Not over encumbered, crippled or nothing like that. He stops moving after every 7 steps and its extremely annoying. I can't find how to fix it for nothing lol. About to break the damn thing and just go back to Fallout 3.

But yea Fallout 3 top 5 fav games of all time for me.

Edit: to avoid confusion I say its weird because I just started playing it again a week or so ago lol. Don't want to offend.

leek

Noob
thats weird you made this thread. I really enjoyed fallout 3 as well but haven't played it in a good while. Here lately ive been playing new vegas just downloaded all the DLC available, but I have ran into a bug that is driving me crazy. For some reason I will be running then my character will stop and walk even when im holding the analog stick forward. Not over encumbered, crippled or nothing like that. He stops moving after every 7 steps and its extremely annoying. I can't find how to fix it for nothing lol. About to break the damn thing and just go back to Fallout 3.

But yea Fallout 3 top 5 fav games of all time for me.
You know that sounds familiar.

I think/thought it had to do with the console being too hot or something lol.. obviously I have no clue, I didn't test the temperature of the components or anything but just a thought.

Personally I didn't like NV(as a fallout. Standalone it was okay IMO..). They implemented a few nice things like ammo types, companion wheels and ADS, but it was so buggy and it seemed almost comical? I guess? And Fallout 3 felt more serious and the such. One of the story themes I liked more about NV though was that it started off more like the originals in that you weren't born.. You were a courier that was alive before the events of the game. I also liked Vegas in itself, but I wish it was more open and there were a lot more things to do.

Do you know much of anything on PC mods? I'm looking to download stuff for F3 since I'm basically done with it but I'm not sure how/what to download, I'd like to have all the items and stuff from New Vegas(it does have a better feel on weapons, IMO.)

EDIT: lol don't worry about it man. I didn't think you meant it like that originally, never crossed the mind.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
I had the exact opposite reaction as you. NV felt *much* more like a "real" Fallout in the vein of FO1 and FO2 to me. More factions from and references to the earlier games (NCR, Followers of the Apocalypse, Marcus etc). Plus I really hated how FO3 butchered the characterization of the Brotherhood of Steel by making them into white hat good guys instead of paranoid, isolationist technology hoarders. That and super mutants as mindless monsters were major story missteps, IMHO.

That being said, I'm playing through FO3 again right now with a level 24 character. I've beaten the main quest, The Pitt, Operation Anchorage, and Broken Steel. Working on Point Lookout.

They're both good games, but I'm really only playing FO3 now to kill time until Lonesome Road drops next week.

leek

Noob
I had the exact opposite reaction as you. NV felt *much* more like a "real" Fallout in the vein of FO1 and FO2 to me. More factions from and references to the earlier games (NCR, Followers of the Apocalypse, Marcus etc). Plus I really hated how FO3 butchered the characterization of the Brotherhood of Steel by making them into white hat good guys instead of paranoid, isolationist technology hoarders. That and super mutants as mindless monsters were major story missteps, IMHO.

That being said, I'm playing through FO3 again right now with a level 24 character. I've beaten the main quest, The Pitt, Operation Anchorage, and Broken Steel. Working on Point Lookout.

They're both good games, but I'm really only playing FO3 now to kill time until Lonesome Road drops next week.
I did enjoy the faction business as well as earlier FO references, I honestly couldn't tell you why I'm dead set against Nv. I just don't like it. I find myself picking up FO3 99% of the time over Nv.

That bothered me too with BoS to be honest. Didn't remember, I've been up for a day :/

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
I did enjoy the faction business as well as earlier FO references, I honestly couldn't tell you why I'm dead set against Nv. I just don't like it. I find myself picking up FO3 99% of the time over Nv.

That bothered me too with BoS to be honest. Didn't remember, I've been up for a day :/
FO3 is better than NV simply because of this, Bethesda Game Studios did FO3, Obsidian Entertainment did NV. NV was decent but FO3 was still much better, now when Skyrim and all that DLC are done, Bethesda can move onto FO4 with that beautiful Skyrim Engine, unlike FO3 and NV which used he engine Oblivion used

eks

Noob
Personally I didn't like NV(as a fallout. Standalone it was okay IMO..). They implemented a few nice things like ammo types, companion wheels and ADS, but it was so buggy and it seemed almost comical? I guess? And Fallout 3 felt more serious and the such. One of the story themes I liked more about NV though was that it started off more like the originals in that you weren't born.. You were a courier that was alive before the events of the game. I also liked Vegas in itself, but I wish it was more open and there were a lot more things to do.
I feel the same way, but the DLC makes up for it a LOT. FO3 was awesome by itself, but the DLC wasn't that good (aside from Operation: Anchorage). They're completely backwards in this respect.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm playing through this game again as we speak. One of the best games this generation.

leek

Noob
I feel the same way, but the DLC makes up for it a LOT. FO3 was awesome by itself, but the DLC wasn't that good (aside from Operation: Anchorage). They're completely backwards in this respect.
I'm with you on FO3 dlc.

I haven't played NV dlc and I won't unless it's free.. I have NV on ps3 also.

speaking of, uhm hey guys how's it going! :D Heard there's this NV DLC to download.. something about gamesharing what?

aj1701

Noob
Fallout 3 was a great game. I never played the first two, I missed them somehow. NV was good too, but I'm waiting for all the Dlc to come out before I buy it. Both were really immersive, with deep story / backgrounds.

Will certainly buy FO4 when that comes out, and it should be on that new kickass engine.

My favorite FO3 DLC was Point Lookout. I felt the area you had to explore, while smaller than DC, was well put together and as rich as the DC area.

eks

Noob
I'm with you on FO3 dlc.

I haven't played NV dlc and I won't unless it's free.. I have NV on ps3 also.

speaking of, uhm hey guys how's it going! :D Heard there's this NV DLC to download.. something about gamesharing what?
Just wait for the GOTY edition. The DLC is my favorite part.