What's new

F4 or 2,2,BF2?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Thats the point. Online is only for fun many say. But how can you have fun when you do things for example that are safe offline but online you get punished for that ? Or when you face characters like JC and Reptile who do the MOST unsafe things online but you cant punish them fully or sometimes at all. Thats why i dont play online. Because its a totally diferent game, same as T6 online for example. SSF4 is in a better fate.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Thats the point. Online is only for fun many say. But how can you have fun when you do things for example that are safe offline but online you get punished for that ? Or when you face characters like JC and Reptile who do the MOST unsafe things online but you cant punish them fully or sometimes at all. Thats why i dont play online. Because its a totally diferent game, same as T6 online for example. SSF4 is in a better fate.
MK online is pretty bad, but it's still playable and useful for learning matchups. T6 is a complete joke online; borderline unplayable. SF4 is excellent for the most part; I can hit 2-frame links very consistently online!

Online is annoying with lag, but again, I'm using it for matchup experience. I am so busy with work and life in general that squeezing in some online matches is the easiest way to play when I have 30 minutes to kill.

Here is a question for you all - what do you think is the best use for the b+1,1,4 string? Are there any potential setups you can run by stopping after just b+1 or b+1,1? I've heard that b+1 by itself is good anti-crossup?...

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
b114 is safe, excellent at dealing chip (6%) for example after j.P. If you know you'll finish the round with it, you can use b114~ExForceBall for 10% chip (doesn't work near wall, projectile whiffs).
Naked b1 can be used to tick throw (b1~throw on block) - its small recovery makes it hard to react to.
As for anti-crossup: Ermac has better, more reliable tools for that imo.

b11 sucks monkey balls.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Im trying to incorporate b114 into my game more cuz I rarely use it.. For some dumb reason I always use f114..
I got a quick question tho.. Ive been playing a few jcs lately and they have been using ex nutpunch to seemingly interrupt any attempt at rushdown.. Wtf that shits ridiculous.. Is it jus online or is it a monster offline too..?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
EX Cunt Cracker has invincibility frames.
Any string that doesn't jail Cage is interruptable by that move.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
i have always fealt that b114 is a good preassure string. i like to mix this in with 121 to keep the other person guessing while also throwing in the u4 and f4

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
F+4 is definitely something I need to throw out more often. I've always been a fan of U+4, but with the new frame data revelation that its +4 on block, I can see even more reason to use it.

I've found that U+4 is particularly good to pressure certain characters on wakeup. A Reptile or SubZero who likes to use the slide are good candidates; the U+4 will actually jump right over the slide and leave you far away to restart your zoning.

Altaire

Noob
thats wat I thought.. Id like to take this time now and announce that that move is OP... Thank you.
Uh, you can block the move standing, and it's punished by full combos if you do. There's nothing OP about Cage, and if there were, it sure as shit wouldn't be his EX nut punch.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Uh, you can block the move standing, and it's punished by full combos if you do. There's nothing OP about Cage, and if there were, it sure as shit wouldn't be his EX nut punch.
uh, damn ur right. But of u play a competent jc player who doesnt randomly throw ex nut punches and actually uses it to interrupt your block strings then u have a problem. It has fast start up and invincibility frames. Soooooo go rethink that friend.

Altaire

Noob
uh, damn ur right. But of u play a competent jc player who doesnt randomly throw ex nut punches and actually uses it to interrupt your block strings then u have a problem. It has fast start up and invincibility frames. Soooooo go rethink that friend.
What the hell is there to rethink? Your entire argument is "if my opponent uses it intelligently to cover its obvious and very exploitable weaknesses, it's really effective".

Well no shit. You're complaining about the effectiveness of a move that is purely 100% risk-reward. Maybe I should point you in the direction of Scorpion, because if you're pussing out over Cage's nut punch, Scorpion will really get you menstruating. Did I mention that Ermac is a rough matchup for Cage?

...How did you get into Crazy 88, again?

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Predict, bait, punish.

LEGEND

YES!
JC can release block and do EX nut punch against any string that doesn't jail, there is no risk involved here

15% and free pressure, how is that not a great move?

LEGEND

YES!
Predict, bait, punish.
EX is much safer than regular and if you want to stop your pressure for a sec to attempt a punish for a move i didn't do, have fun getting stuck in more JC pressure

EDIT: EX nut punch is a great move, why are we arguing? whoever said it was OP was obviously joking as to refer to its effectiveness

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
EX is much safer than regular and if you want to stop your pressure for a sec to attempt a punish for a move i didn't do, have fun getting stuck in more JC pressure

EDIT: EX nut punch is a great move, why are we arguing? whoever said it was OP was obviously joking as to refer to its effectiveness
safer, but still unsafe.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
EX nut punch is good vs button mashers IMO. I dont think it will work in high lvl gameplay repeatedly though. Still its a very good move.

LEGEND

YES!
EX nut punch is good vs button mashers IMO. I dont think it will work in high lvl gameplay repeatedly though. Still its a very good move.
to be fair, nothing works "repeatedly" in high level play. it has its uses just like everything else

Altaire

Noob

I'm actually about 99% sure that the block and hit advantage is the same between the normal nut punch and the EX. I'm basing this entirely on memory and I have no means of testing this while my TV is fried, but I'm almost certain that it's the same. I don't see any recorded hit/block advantages on the Cage board, so I welcome anyone to confirm or deny that with real, empirical evidence; maybe Sombreness knows.

Of course, you tried to tell me Ermac's B3 4 is advantage on block when it was straight neutral ten out of ten times that I tested it, so I'm all the more inclined to go by what I vaguely remember, even if I haven't touched Cage in months.

Error

DF2+R2
Nutcracker gives more advantage on hit +46 and is a few frames safer on block -16, nutpunch is +39 and -23. Been trying to pick this guy up so I already had the frame data handy.

Altaire

Noob
Nutcracker gives more advantage on hit +46 and is a few frames safer on block -16, nutpunch is +39 and -23. Been trying to pick this guy up so I already had the frame data handy.
Okay, so it is slightly safer. That's not a huge window and I think most characters will still be able to punish it in the same way (anyone with a decent jab punisher should be able to deal with this just fine), but I suppose I was off. Again, I had no empirical basis, I was just operating off memory and what I'd been told.

Regardless, the move is EASILY punishable enough that no one has any right to bitch about it. It's a risk/reward measure. Used properly, it's fucking phenomenal. Used poorly, it's suicidal. That is absolutely balanced, as far as I'm concerned.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Okay, so it is slightly safer. That's not a huge window and I think most characters will still be able to punish it in the same way (anyone with a decent jab punisher should be able to deal with this just fine), but I suppose I was off. Again, I had no empirical basis, I was just operating off memory and what I'd been told.

Regardless, the move is EASILY punishable enough that no one has any right to bitch about it. It's a risk/reward measure. Used properly, it's fucking phenomenal. Used poorly, it's suicidal. That is absolutely balanced, as far as I'm concerned.
LOL.
So, literally my statement saying the move is op was a joke. Some people understood. Its ok that u didnt bro. Welcome to the internet.
As so me joining the 88s, they think I play mk better than I tell jokes. Haha u b the judge.