What's new

F2

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'd like to get a discussion going over the different uses and followups from Lobo's f2.

Currently I'll throw it out after a toss, hook charge, or low chain since I have enough advantage to actually get it out. I either f21~low chain, f23, or f21~hook charge. Every now and then I'll whip out a f213. I really don't have a good mind game revolving around these options. I kind of just throw them out to try and throw them off a bit. f23 with trait is pretty nice. Leaves them close and gives good advantage.

Do you guys have anything solid off of his f2? I'd like to hear what some of you may or may not do.

If I hit a D2, I go into a F21, then load trait. Even after a Czar Toss MB, if I want to load trait, I go into F21. Perfect oki range and you get your trait up.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I only ever do it on accident lol when I crossup and I see that I got a f2 instead if b2 I'll do f23 and toss on their wake up

While traited, f23 is a true meaty setup into Toss. Besides that, I only use this string for the lulz, like quickly using my trait while giving myself an opportunity to load it again.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
After a d+2, I do a late f+2 (they must be below the gunbutt when it hits them) then Czar toss to whatever follow up. If I am trying to push them into the corner: f+2,1, Space Hook. It's also an important part of my combo where I have 4 shotgun blasts in one combo. Working on five..

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
The only time I'll use F2 is when I'm mixing stuff up with a F23, otherwise I'm using F21lowchain in a combo.
If you're treatin g F2(variants) as a staple go-to string, I'd suggest using 21 instead, faster, uses an overhead, possibility for low mixup AND it's a block string into toss.
21 is my Lobo's best frag friend.

Oh and I forgot to add, I use f21xxpumpshot MB as a cool way to end a round when I'm feeling cocky. :cool:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah I definitely use 21 a lot. I barely use f2 for anything outside of some combos. Was just wondering if someone had found a use for it that maybe I hadn't thought of yet.

But I'm going to keep playing with it. Variety is a tool in itself.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I use it primarily to bully the opponent to the corner. Also, He walks you down with Two Shotgun blasts and it's safe at -3. I really should abuse it more..

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Imagine the damage if he had 2 stackable traits. Nothing to flip out about but good for just a string.
Yup. We'd be looking at 24, 25%. Hell, I use traited 2,1,3 as a quick close punish (Blocked Smoke Bomb, for instance). That's an easy 21%, with a reload afterward.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Yea, I'm a big fan of presentation. The way he turns to the side and casually shoots you in the face is hilarious to me. I chuckle every time I hit someone with it..

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
Its the easiest normal to combo into a command grab after a B3 I think.
I use it in my batcave wire combos,
B12, trait, b3, j2, f2, grab, -> safe jump

axeman87

Noob
Greetings fellow Lobonians. I thought I'd try Lobo again after the recent changes. He seems to have 'clicked' this time around so looks like I'll be maining him.

I started messing around with the f2, 1, 3 combo. Looks cool and with the Trait up the damage is nice.

I was wondering why I don't see any F2, 1 combos. Assuming its unsafe on block with horrible start up. (Haven't looked at frame data yet, still messing around with him)

Anyways.... I came up with a few combos using a f3 Cancel, so at least TWO Bars are needed for these. Numbers are Trait Off / On.

f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, bf3(Hook Charge) - 37% / 48%.
f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, MB bf3(Hook Charge) - 41% / 52%.

f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, df2 (Pump Shot) - 37% / 48%
f2, 1 ~ f3, f2, 1, MB df2 (Pump Shot) - 42% / 53%

f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, db1 (Spin Cycle) - 39% - 51%
f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, db1 MB (Spin Cycle) - 44% / 56%

f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, dbf2 (Czarnian Toss) - sorry forgot to write it down.
f2, 1 ~ f3, j2, 1,1, 2, dbf2 MB (Czarnian Toss), 1,1, db3 (Space Hook) - sorry forgot to write in down.

I tried starting these after a b2, u1 but I couldn't get land it, the opponent is almost on the ground before the f2 comes out.

EDIT -- So yeh... forgot a Bounce Cancel was TWO Bars, was thinking its was just ONE for some reason, and with that said, these combos simply aren't viable for anything other than seeing lots of shotgun blasts.