What's new

f+2 sai stab. what's the point?

open thread to hopefully figure it out.

updated 5/11/11: only use for f+2 as of yet is combo'ing such as x-ray. no property changes have been found or observed yet.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
Would be cool if Mileena had a Move that is modified by a Sai that's stuck in the chest after :r:bp.
Like :l:r:bp command grab is modified by :l:bp Shoulder Sai.

ErikKN

Noob
Looks like you can use f+2 in juggles to position the opponent closer to the corner. Keep in mind this move is special and x-ray cancelable. :p

true.

what i was hoping to uncover was more like the sai stuck in the opponents back from b+2, how it changes mileena's b,f+2 properties.

the sai sticking in the gut of the opponent from f+2, what the benefit from it are still unknown.

it does nothing but stick in the opponent for show thats pretty much it. yet again another useless move put on mileena who is already limited in what she can work with

AC1984

Kaballin!
Both B+2 and F+2 seem useless for me. Bot of them start super slow and have tons of recovery.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
:r:bp I think it does nice damage.

:l:bp has Jump in it.(Tech Jump) That could be useful against lows.

Both are quite slow though.

Both B+2 and F+2 seem useless for me. Bot of them start super slow and have tons of recovery.

actually her B+2 changes her bf2 into a stronger version of the move by stabbing instead of biting ( i think 2% more) while her F+2 does absolutely nothing but stick in the enemy for display. both do have a slow startup but her :en bf2 with the sai placed in isn't a bad combo ender.

xQCBx

HxC Femme-Fatale
F+2 Sai Stab

It's for combo'ing/juggling. It has good range and can be cancled into specials and the X-Ray. I find it nice to use like this.

u+4, u+4, f+3 1+2, bd+4, f+2, X-Ray

Haven't done it in a while, but i use F+2 for that.
Also I use it to punish moves.

EX: Kung Lao's Hat Spin on whiff.

Hat Spin whiff > f+2, bd+4, j.2, 3 4, bf+2
or
Hat Spin whiff > f+2, bd+4, u+4, f+3 1+2, bd+4

The jumping stab (not the F+2 one) can be combo'd into. And it sets up for later damage. I dun think it's gamebreaking tho.

Anyone else think that the extra damage from Leap should be triggered with the sai stuck in both the front and the back? I mean most of the times you land B+2 the sai is in their chest. They'd have to be standing and not blocking for this slow as hell move to hit. It'd give a reason to OTG with this move, or landing it in combos.

Runefyst

Noob
Lmao this is sooooo easy When you stab them with it when you do a leaping neck bite instead of biting them she stabs them with the sai adding more damage good luck!
You're thinking of the overhead. F+2 is the one that stabs them in the chest. Doesn't add anything to the neckbite. :p

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
B+2 doesn't always land on the back when hitting opponents near the ground or mid-air. I think has to do with trajectory. What happens is the sai ends up impaling the gut similar to F+2. By a HUGE longshot (and I doubt this works). F+2 in certain situations will lead to the sai hitting the back/head and will lead to a stronger command throw. Again, I doubt this is the case. I'm surprsied these moves haven't been buffed by NRS. They're so slow it's embarassing, especially F+2 which does nothing.

There's no way to put the sai in their backs without landing B+2 on a standing opponent. I believe you can punish Raiden's superman with it where it hits after he lands. (but why bother since you can get a full combo). I don't think it's possible to land F+2 in the back either since there aren't any Back turned moves in this game. Even if you could land it consistently, you'd be using her sais so often that it'd likely disappear before you could land the Neckbite.

It would've been interesting to have the stomach stab drain 1% health over a short time. (There are ways that could work without it being OP). Or if it did more chip considering how unsafe it is. But honestly, I don't think Mileena will ever be touched by any patches, so those moves will just be pretty much useless.

Runefyst

Noob
Yeah, I kind've just chalked them up to being more flash than anything. A way to show off if you're really putting the beatdown on your opponent.